Rick Pitino listens to Pitbull

Calipari hangs out with Jay-Z in the Barclays Center, sends tweets to Jadakiss, and will welcome Drake to Rupp Arena for the third time this upcoming season.

Rick Pitino?

He listens to Pitbull on his way to work. That counts for something, right?

At Louisville basketball’s tip-off luncheon today, Pitino confessed to listening to Mr. 305 during his 9-minute drive to work.

“Pitbull’s my favorite,” Pitino told the crowd.  “He used to be 305, now he’s worldwide.”

We’ll let him have that one.

Article written by Drew Franklin

31 Comments for Rick Pitino listens to Pitbull

1. Blue balls
    7:15 pm October 11, 2012 Permalink

I love how both Frank Martin and Rick Pitino both randomly publicly and shamelessly endorse their love for Pitbull. Like even if Rick got him to come to a game how do you even walk into a recruit’s home with a straight face and try to show him pictures of it? I love the thought of it

2. Ridge Runner
    7:16 pm October 11, 2012 Permalink

Drew..ya ok man? What a strange post to follow such a great UK moment and the historic announcement. Young makes this class in ’13 something never done before in bb recruiting.

“shout out to Pitino??” –scratchin’ my head a little.

3. CatGrad7072
    7:21 pm October 11, 2012 Permalink

Put an ‘L’ on Pitbull’s hat and he’d fit right in. L Yes!

4. Jeff
    7:27 pm October 11, 2012 Permalink

RIP to the great Kenny Rollins. Shooting guard for THE FABULOUS FIVE, winners of the 1948 and 1949 NCAA National Titles and 1948 Olympic Gold Medal. Teamed with Ralph Beard to form one of the greatest backcourts of all time on one of the greatest teams of all time.

5. UK Wildcat
    7:28 pm October 11, 2012 Permalink

Too bad the majority of recruits aren’t 13 year old hispanic girls.

6. Line Beard U
    7:30 pm October 11, 2012 Permalink

how’s my azz taste bitchezz!

7. Labowski
    7:36 pm October 11, 2012 Permalink

Pretty much everything that is wrong with the younger generation…. Degenerates. Just slap on a line beard and a couple neck tattoos and he could be the new Lville mascot.

8. Old Fashoned
    7:36 pm October 11, 2012 Permalink

Who is Pitbull? Did he once play with Porter Wagoner?

9. payton50
    7:38 pm October 11, 2012 Permalink

how do you go from frank sinatra to pitbull.can,t match coach cals game…

10. Vic
    7:42 pm October 11, 2012 Permalink

Yeah Right !!

11. BPsycho
    7:47 pm October 11, 2012 Permalink

Mr. 15 seconds

12. UK#1
    7:47 pm October 11, 2012 Permalink

Please don’t bury the posts with the incredible news of James’ commitment with a lame Pitino post.

13. BigBluesClues
    7:54 pm October 11, 2012 Permalink

pit bull is lame. If i want to hear a weak bass overload and bad music i just go eat mexican food and suffer their crappy mariachi music, JUST AS BAD>

14. bung
    7:59 pm October 11, 2012 Permalink

piteener used ta b wurlwide…now he is only at looavul…

15. BlueWorldOrder
    8:20 pm October 11, 2012 Permalink

I want to jab sewing needles in my ears everytime I hear that no talented assclown’s songs playing…Terrible music.

16. UK Homer
    8:26 pm October 11, 2012 Permalink

This is in addition to 2 Chainz…correct?

17. Catlogic15
    8:36 pm October 11, 2012 Permalink

Poor Rick. Trying to be the dog that is chasing the car driven by Cal. Almost too pathetic to be funny. Almost.

18. The.Truth
    8:49 pm October 11, 2012 Permalink

An odd and sad ploy to relate to the youth of today. Do you really think old Rick listens to Pitbull or any rap/hip hop? About as much as I believe Coach Cal listens to drake & jay-z. Difference is Cal is friends w/ them. That’s the diff between “getting it” and “attempting to get with it”.

19. RealCatsFan
    10:37 pm October 11, 2012 Permalink

Geesh, if some little weasely peckerwood like that ever shows up in my driveway to pick up my daughter for a date the AR-15 will get a workout!

20. SeoulCat
    11:42 pm October 11, 2012 Permalink

It’s pretty clear why Rick relates to this lil’ puss; they both like their women on the table instead of the bed.

21. Really?
    12:13 am October 12, 2012 Permalink

Pitino could not be more full of s###. He never heard of pitbull until someone said “Put this in your speech to sound cool, because right now you don’t hold a candle to Cal.”

22. Really?
    12:17 am October 12, 2012 Permalink

…and put an Old English style “L” on that flat billed, line bearded mo-fo, and he’s right out of the UL fanbase. Looks like he works for Jiffy Lube Oil Change too, so yea, sign him up for Card Nation*

(*Note that “Card Nation” does not extend outside the 30 mile radius of Jefferson County, KY.)

23. James K
    7:09 am October 12, 2012 Permalink

Pitbull: biggest douche ever? That’s what they should title his autobiography.

24. BubbaInBugTussle
    7:53 am October 12, 2012 Permalink

My ’84 Z-28 on blocks only has AM so all me and the dogs chained to the cinder blocks ever get to hear is talk radio and a few Baptist preachers.KSR only comes in on rainy days and the roof leaks so we don’t get to hear all the Mensa members calling in.

25. BleedRed
    8:33 am October 12, 2012 Permalink

It’s pathetic the amount of hate you UK “fans” have for someone that did so much for your program. Maybe you should vacate your seasons that he was there if he was so bad, and the 2 championships he brought to your school. Yes, Tubby’s championship was because of Pitino, the guy never even made it back to the final four after winning with a team that was gifted to him.

26. Falconer
    9:54 am October 12, 2012 Permalink

You realize he was attempting to be funny with his players. There was some inside joke here… the team was laughing at the reference.

27. Falconer
    9:58 am October 12, 2012 Permalink

As someone who attended both luncheons, I can honestly say that the UL one was more polished. A well crafted event, and no one took shots at us. Pitino (like Cal) took the high road and mentioned that he thought both teams were elite enough to meet again in the Final Four.

28. 859 man
    10:58 am October 12, 2012 Permalink

#25 Are you really going to beat that dead horse? Saying the 1998 championship was Pitino’s is an attack on basketball knowledge. First off, Pitino was in Boston in 1998, so there’s no way that was his team. Once a coach leaves, it becomes that new coaches team regardless of who they were recruited by. Second, Tubby Smith coached a different style of play; A slow down defensive grind it out style of basketball. It was a great coaching feat winning over the players and taking them to a national championship win. He had to earn the respect of the players because he had previously coached at Georgia, a team UK routinely beat decisively. Third, what is the evidence Pitino can win a championship without nine NBA players? The 1998 team was talented, do not get me wrong on this. You don’t win a championship without talent. But there’s no way that 1998 was more talented than the 1996 team or even the 1997 team.

29. BleedRed
    11:53 am October 12, 2012 Permalink

So then how would you explain Tubby not even going back to the final four if he was so phenomenal, and it wasn’t a gifted team? It’s not beating a dead horse as much as people like you that are still so bitter he left UK and don’t want to give him credit for bringing basketball back to UK. I was a UK fan at the time, I remember the excitement back then, I went to UL and became a die hard UL fan, I’d like to pull for UK in games not against UL but I don’t want to be associated with the idiocracy that I see in many UK fans.

30. Big Blue Coming at You
    12:06 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

Pitino is FOS! He doesn’t listen to rap. Seriously, what a lame attempt at recruiting. And Pitbull?? That’s the best he can do? Cal doesn’t claim to listen to Jay-Z or Drake. He just knows them. Most likely through Wes but still, he has the connections and it appeals to recruits. The only thing i know about Pitbull is his terribly annoying commercial.

31. 859 man
    12:26 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

First off I said don’t get me wrong on saying 98 wasn’t a talented team. I said it was. Now on why Tubby Smith didn’t make it back to the final four. Look at each of his elite 8 teams and the team upset by UAB and you’ll see things happened that were out of his control. But we’re talking championships and both Pitino and Smith have one as of right now. Look, I’m not going to pretend I like Pitino, yeah I don’t like him he left and went to the rival school. But I recognize it was a great accomplishment what he did at UK. He had a run at UK that few have matched at other schools and at UK. I’m not taking credit from Pitino, I’m calling you out for giving him a championship he doesn’t have.