Ricardo Ledo cuts his list to five, includes Cats

ledo

Word out this afternoon that 2012 guard Ricardo Ledo has trimmed his list to five: Kentucky, Syracuse, UConn, Providence and West Virginia. No timetable has been set for his decision.

Go Cats.

24 Comments for Ricardo Ledo cuts his list to five, includes Cats

1. Dr. Dick Fitzenbutts
    3:52 pm August 23, 2011 Permalink

Don’t get it, Cal. Not this time.

2. Calipari'sInYourEar
    4:14 pm August 23, 2011 Permalink

If this kid wasn’t 1 whistle away from pulling a Lattrell Sprewell on his coaches then I’d say maybe.

I just don’t think we take chances anymore. If Cal thinks he can handle it then fine, I just want Cal to know te fan base doesn’t want him to take on stress like this.

3. ArchieGoodwin
    4:45 pm August 23, 2011 Permalink

I’m gonna be UK’s next 2 guard. Back off, Ledo!

4. tyrus
    4:46 pm August 23, 2011 Permalink

Ms. T, with 2012 recruits slowly eliminating colleges from their list, it would be nice to see a break down of the players mentioned on this site. Names, do they or don’t they have a scholarship offer from UK, all the schools still on their list and maybe potentially when they may announce their choice.

5. Ms. Tyler Thompson
    4:50 pm August 23, 2011 Permalink

Good call, tyrus. I’ll work on that for tomorrow’s afternoon notes.

6. Marcus L. Owens
    4:54 pm August 23, 2011 Permalink

He is only a kid not a terrorist he needs an open minded coach that wants to make him better, in life and on the court.

7. ukfastkat
    5:22 pm August 23, 2011 Permalink

6. Agree.
    And, that being the case, he should beg Cal for the opportunity to be a Wildcat.

8. Nope
    5:25 pm August 23, 2011 Permalink

No thanks. Look at those eyes. Crazy eyes. Boy’s got the crazy in em, you can smell it. Keep walkin’, pal. You need to trim that list by one more school so that I can finally get on with not giving a flip about the rest of your life, son. Be gone. Louisville won’t even have your punk ass. That’s gut-check material, dude. Did you hear me? Rick Pitino took a pass on you and he hands out starting spots to the likes of Elisha Justice.

Next.

9. Jones Returns
    5:30 pm August 23, 2011 Permalink

Providence..HA! Really? C’mon man…

10. Miguel
    6:38 pm August 23, 2011 Permalink

#8 not that he is reading this, but who the hell do you think you are?! this is a 17 yr old kid, and you are, well nobody, some troll perhaps. Not many 17 yr olds are perfect character guys, and especially when they’ve been recruited for 4-5 years already. I’m not saying we should ignore character issues, but you have gone way overboard.

11. Miguel
    6:48 pm August 23, 2011 Permalink

@8 no need for such douchery

12. Yeah what he said
    6:53 pm August 23, 2011 Permalink

I am with eight. He is Bad news..

13. Yeah what he said
    6:55 pm August 23, 2011 Permalink

and he does have eyes like maniac

14. SagaciousMind
    7:11 pm August 23, 2011 Permalink

Didnt they say Demarcus Cousins was bad news and Cal took a chance on him? How did that work out? I thought so! Ledo isnt top priority but if Cal wants him, then so be it. The kid can flat out score and is a versatile player with his size.

15. jkwoftw
    7:44 pm August 23, 2011 Permalink

No thank you. This kid is trouble.

16. jkwoftw
    7:48 pm August 23, 2011 Permalink

14 – Different situation. Demarcus had an attitude for sure, but at least a lot of his teammates liked him in hs. Nobody likes Ledo.. not the scouts, coaches, teammates. He has a whole nother level of attitude problems.

17. Air Raid
    7:53 pm August 23, 2011 Permalink

9) He visited Providence and they set him up with some skank that gave him a BJ. He commited to the the very next day. This has been well documented. Maybe Cal can hook him up with some [email protected] on his visit. They guy is also a nut job. His AAU teammates hate him and so do the coaches.

18. Teaguewilldominate
    7:58 pm August 23, 2011 Permalink

Like the guy said earlier, even the Tards backed off this kid. He was very high on uofl several months ago. The kid had several issues at that time and Ricked backed off. If Rick and the Tards don’t want him, why should we? This was backed up by Evan Daniels by the way.

19. Hicks
    9:24 pm August 23, 2011 Permalink

I trust Cal. If the master of personalities thinks he can trust this kid then lets get him. He is the best true scorer in the class. He lights it up from anywhere on the floor. The kid has it all physically. Mental toughness and attitude will determine whether he becomes a superstar.

20. UKFaninCO
    10:07 pm August 23, 2011 Permalink

Thanks, but no thanks! Attitude is everything.

21. coco
    10:36 pm August 23, 2011 Permalink

let coach cal make the decision, he is only a kid he deserves a chance

22. Tim in Korea
    11:02 pm August 23, 2011 Permalink

I’d rather recruit the skank that #17 mentioned…

23. pccatsfan
    6:42 am August 24, 2011 Permalink

I’m with 2. I’ll leave it to Cal to decide, but we really don’t need to take many risks anymore. The kid is only 17, so Cal could easily make a big difference in adjusting his attitude. But is that time that he wants to invest or is there a lower risk/maintenance guy he goes for ahead of Ledo. I’ll trust Cal to handle it.

24. jim