Rex Ryan’s Tattoo Wants the Friday Show Thread

Why yes, that is Rex Ryan sporting a tattoo of his wife in nothing but a Mark Sanchez jersey Tebowing. And it’s glorious. Kick back, relax, and let’s talk about it on Kentucky Sports Radio.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Topics include:

— Heart monitors

— Football recruiting

— An unusual weekend off from Kentucky basketball

— Qdoba

— Much more…

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

227 Comments for Rex Ryan’s Tattoo Wants the Friday Show Thread

1. UK_JB
    9:58 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Thanks everyone for thoughts and prayers for my nephew! He is out of NICU and in a normal room and may get to go home today or tomorrow. Hope you are feeling better Uncle Matt… and got some one to make you some soup. Heard Sue Wylie makes a great soup.

Sad there is no UK game tomorrow but give us time to practice more.

2. Fake_Dan_Cummins
    9:59 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Who wants to go to Paris?!

3. Ryan Harrow's Flu Bug
    10:00 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

…….for a FAKE Dan Cummins deal!

4. Tricky Rick
    10:06 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I took my 17 year-old daughter to the game Wednesday night and had seats on the 2nd row behind press table. She is a pretty good sports fan and I knew that she follows Matt on Twitter. She recognized some of the media…for instance saw Alan Cutler and asked me who he was. Matt and Oscar came out late and I pointed out Matt as he walked by and just got a slightly raised eyebrown “hmmm”.

Later when Josh Hutcherson was called out on the big screens she lost it and said “I thought seeing Matt Jones was the coolest thing tonight UNTIL I SAW JOSH HUTCHERSON”. Matt…I don’t know if that will make your cold better or worse?

5. The Oval Office
    10:06 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Matt,

How do you think Wiggins would perform against a defender like MKG, right now? I’m just trying to get a barometer of where Wiggins is.

6. Adam
    10:08 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

So who will UK football get the comittment from this weekend. My guess is Hytche.

7. L2C8
    10:08 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I noticed something FINALLY during and after the game Wed. night. It seems that we are starting to figure it out and have a good time. I saw the first smile out of ALL of our players during that game. Now, I know it was a blow out, BUT, I think everything is starting to come together. I can honestly say, I would LOVE to run into Duke OR UL in the Tournament and feel good about our chances. I think our ceiling is a lot higher than UL’s. Although UL is a good team, I don’t see them getting much better, but I can see our team getting a lot better. We played Duke & UL good. It just seems that our players, some more than others, are starting to relax and have fun because they are starting to figure it out. What do you think?

8. WestWorld
    10:09 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Ryan the show killer. πŸ˜‰

9. UK_JB
    10:09 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I’d like to see a heart monitor on coach cal… I am sure its through the roof!

10. Harv Jean 2.0.1
    10:09 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Hey Ratt, still upset about my comment last week? Did the neck tattoo question throw you off? You’re a dbag and a joke radio host. You won’t have a show in a year. It’s interesting, BTI thought my comments were funny, but you thought I was planning on cussing because I said crap. Give me a break. make sure to check out my twitter account @harveytgene where we make fun of Fatt and the gang.

11. pitino's itch
    10:09 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

That tat can NOT be real. If it is real, both Sanchez and Tebow should take turns beating Ryan’s head in.

Also, if that tat is real, the ownership of the Jets should fire him – for yet another example of his stupidity.

12. Jax Teller
    10:09 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I think we need to get heart monitors for everyone on the show. I’m telling you it has potential to be gold.

Slapnuts calls in, we’ll see Matt’s take a jump. Dude in lock up calls in, Ryan’s goes through the roof. Drunk Annie calls in, Shannon the Dude’s takes the biggest spike ever….etc.

13. Harv Jean 2.0.1
    10:09 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

total tool on this show. WOW. Lemon is even a joke.

14. Rob Bromley is a Beast
    10:09 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Heart rate monitors=Now Cal can tell who is slackin’ and who is really legit in practice

15. Dud Wash
    10:10 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Rock Oliver – – You’re gonna eat lightnin’ and you’re gonna crap thunder!

16. L2C8
    10:10 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

6 – I think we are going to land Hytche, but I also think we will end up signing that QB too. Maybe not this weekend, but I think when it is all said and done, I think we land him and a few WR’s. To me, it starts with a ELITE QB, we have good QB’s, but not an ELITE QB. Would you agree?

17. Harv Jean 2.0.1
    10:10 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

still here!! but block me, i know you want to.

18. ryan
    10:10 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

uk_jb – good news. glad to hear he’s doing well. thoughts and prayers to him

19. Kidnut
    10:11 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

We do all have different heart capabilities. I imagine they all took a stress test to set each person’s performance.

20. Laker Cat 18
    10:11 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

What are the odds of getting Rock on the show in the near future to explain the process of all this?

21. RealCatsFan
    10:11 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Rumour is that Cal’s next training device will be shock collars to be worn by the players while shooting free throws.

22. St. Paul Raiders
    10:11 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

There is kind of a standard table of avg max heart rates based on height/weight/age.

23. Harv Jean 2.0.1
    10:12 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

UL neck tattoos……really Fatt Jones?

24. TJ
    10:12 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Ok, Matt woke up on wrong side of the bed. I know your sick but please dont be grumpy, be happy.

25. lakesidecatsfan
    10:12 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

On the topic of hearts, the average horse heart weighs 8-9 pounds, and Secretariates was 24 POUNDS!!!! So yeah I think some kids hearts could actually be biffer and stronger naturally.

26. Kidnut
    10:12 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I think it is an awesome idea…I can see this happening across the board in the sport

27. Beth
    10:12 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

What is maximum heart rate?

The maximum heart rate is the highest heart rate achieved during maximal exercise. One simple method to calculate your predicted maximum heart rate, uses this formula:

220 – your age = predicted maximum heart rate

Example: a 40-year-old’s predicted maximum heart rate is 180 beats/minute.

28. St. Paul Raiders
    10:12 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Well, not kind of, there is.

29. Beth
    10:13 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

You gain the most benefits and lessen the risks when you exercise in your target heart rate zone. Usually this is when your exercise heart rate (pulse) is 60 to 80 percent of your maximum heart rate. In some cases, your health care provider may decrease your target heart rate zone to begin with 50 percent.
    It is not recommended to exercise above 85 percent of your maximum heart rate. Intensity at that level increases both cardiovascular and orthopedic risk with minimal, additional health-related benefit from the exercise.

30. James K
    10:13 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Ryan’s heart probably sounds like an old tiller engine.

31. Harv Jean 2.0.1
    10:13 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

make sure not to mention me. i would hate for your ratings to go up. #ULNECKTATTOO

32. Kidnut
    10:13 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

They did this in Rocky IV as well

33. Rob Bromley is a Beast
    10:14 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Will football teams start using HRM’s now?

34. Kidnut
    10:14 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

They also track how far the player has run during the match with the monitors

35. TJ
    10:14 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Ga Tech and other schools do the heart monitor also

36. Harv Jean 2.0.1
    10:14 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

this is such smart radio. Heart monitors and such. #ULNECKTATTOOS

37. Rocky Balboa
    10:15 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

All the heart monitors and science training in the world will not help you, Ivan!

38. Adam
    10:15 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

16- I feel like Woulard will comitt next weekend when he is visiting. I agree that getting him would be big with guys like Samples and Gibson.

39. Harv Jean 2.0.1
    10:15 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Is that a bell curve Lemon?

40. Fake_Dan_Cummins
    10:15 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I like that we have new back up singers for our great commercials

41. Florida st football
    10:15 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Has used this technology for two years now.

42. Beth
    10:15 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Ryan, WE ALL KNOW Alex doesn’t play hard enough. Monitor don’t lie.

43. RealCatsFan
    10:16 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

#10, yeah, right, I’m sure everyone will rush over to check out your twitter site. SMH.

44. doubleDfence
    10:16 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I think we should do blood samples and check oxygen levels too.

45. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:16 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Cal is also going to start analyzing fecal samples and determining sperm counts in order to figure out dietary habits and a player’s virility.

46. Harv Jean 2.0.1
    10:16 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Would you like me to call in and talk about the neck tattoos again? or will you just hang up on me for my crap comment?

47. KingRex
    10:17 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Cal isn’t the first one to use heart monitors, as I guess you’re pointing out now. I think I heard of some NFL or NBA teams do this. Effort isn’t something that is easily measurable always and if this actually gives them something that they can point at and say “see, you can give more…” then it probably is accurate.

And I’d assume that everyone gets a baseline for their heart rate to establish the percentages and zones they are in at given points. They can probably also tell who is in better shape by who can maintain a heart rate for longer periods of time.

48. Paul
    10:17 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

You need to bring on the UK Women’s soccer coach Jon Lipsitz…he uses HRMs on his players.

49. Harv Jean 2.0.1
    10:17 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

you did CATS FAN 3452

50. James K
    10:17 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Does anybody else not like to think about their heart beat? I’m a healthy guy, in decent shape, but I hate thinking about my heart. Might be the whole ‘not dying’ thing.

51. Dr J
    10:17 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

60-70% increase in HR is known as the cardio zone.

52. Uklistener
    10:17 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Matt, The Kentucky Women’s soccer team has been using these monitors here on our on campus for over a year. You should turn to John Lipsitz for critique too if you’re going to turn to Cal.

53. cat nasty
    10:17 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I have a background in personal training. Everyone has a baseline resting heart rate. When I would get new clients I would get there heart rate up to 70% of there baseline, this tells me that they are givig max effort and getting the most out of what I am being paid to do..It’s a great test that the eye test won’t give you..In basketball this is a great test in order to see what kind of effort you are getting..

54. Harv Jean 2.0.1
    10:17 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

@harveytgene is gonna get a neck tattoo.

55. JBazz
    10:17 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

It seems to me a big reason Cal is using these monitors is to push the NCAA on all their stupid rules regarding feeding players. The whole calories burned/calories replenished argument is a good one that would allow Cal to challenge the NCAA’s rules.

56. St. Paul Raiders
    10:17 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

32- In addition to the steroid shots in the thigh, haha.

57. Fake Hal mumme
    10:17 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Every premier league player on England wears a monitor every game to measure distance traveled and heart rate.

58. Rob Bromley is a Beast
    10:18 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

With Cal’s comments lately, I think the HRM is to see who is putting forth true effort and who is just loafing it in practice. It’s not to embarrass anyone, but simply to push those who need a kick in the butt.

59. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:18 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

The coaches think Jon Hood is lazy, but a heart soaked in lake water is known to beat slower.

60. Mark H
    10:18 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Ryan- what’s the difference in the heart monitors and the All-Access? Pretty embarrassing if you’re the one being singled-out. You seemed okay with All-Access. #effortknowsnoembarrassment

61. NashvilleCat
    10:18 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I think Ryan is way off base here. Not sure how a heart monitor is embarrassing.

Shannon has a better grasp on the idea. You can compare resting heart rate to max heart rate and see where the players are on the scale of zero exertion to maximum exertion.

I personally think its a great idea.

62. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:18 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

You should call up the orthopedic that gave away the UofL tickets. He might know a cardiologist that you could talk to.

63. Kidnut
    10:18 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

The monitors are a great idea, it gives the players something tangible to achieve during a game. Can you imagine, being able to tell instantly that on the dunk the player jumped 40 inches at 2k lbs of force. These monitors are cool. You can also tell if one of the players get captured by an Alien.

64. Harv Jean 2.0.1
    10:18 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

cmon guys, block me and delete my comments. you’re so good at it. @harveytgene

65. Cat man Corrothers
    10:19 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I’m sure when Cal visited these kids he told them they would have to push themselves for the entire season if they wanted to succeed as freshmen. It doesn’t matter how in shape they are, they need to push themselves to get better. If you are in top physical condition, pushing your limits will make you that much better.

66. BennyTheJet
    10:19 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

____________________ <~~ Brian Long's heart monitor results

67. Playing with Heart
    10:19 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Monitors give a whole new meaning to “Playing with Heart!” Our players do and we have the documentation to prove it.

68. inlinefor9
    10:19 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I feel like the crazy masseuse/holistic healing caller would be great for this topic.

69. Billy Gillespie
    10:19 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I agree with you Ryan I think that would embarrass the players and it’s being a little to hard on them.

70. Chandler
    10:20 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Heart rate %’s are based on resting heart, which lets you know if you are doing aerobic or anaerobic exercised. http://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-Your-Target-Heart-Rate.

71. Soup Nahtzee
    10:20 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

NO SOUP FOR MATT!!

72. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:21 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

UK = heart monitors, UL = ankle monitors

73. Ryan Lemond
    10:21 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

“I have no idea what she’s talking about”

74. uklagdo
    10:22 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Heart Vitality Training and Heart Rate Monitors as Aids to Athletic Performance…

75. lakesidecatsfan
    10:23 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Thats correct its 220- age for maximun heart rate. Target heart is between 60 and 80 percent of max. Cal seems to be wanting to make sure they stay in their target heart rate as much as possible. Like he said the other day 13 minutes out of 25 in a practice is a long time to keep your heart rate that high.

76. St. Paul Raiders
    10:23 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

68- Yes!I’ve heard every athlete at Ironton High wears them.

77. Under armour
    10:23 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Game is today. Army all American game is Saturday.

78. UKBlue
    10:23 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Using Heart Monitors is just more of Cal getting it; it’s just more medical advancement being used in sports at UK.

79. BlueRedNeck
    10:24 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I can envision Kyle Wiltjer walking up to an opponent in our next game and saying in a thick Russian accent, “I must break you.”

80. Fake_Shannon_the_dude
    10:24 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Maybe ill start wearing a heart monitor when doing the booty shaking thing.

81. Rob Bromley is a Beast
    10:24 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Let’s get the best players possible, regardless of where they’re from. We need to get over the “Kentucky Boy” sentiments and just get the best we can. If that means Towles doesn’t start, then so be it.

82. robuk
    10:24 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

GUYS DID YOU NOT READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE QUOTING CAL???
    Every question you have asked Cal has answered.
    These freshman do not really have an upperclassman to emulate. No one to actually push them to work harder. All they have is themselves.The monitors are working, the players want to know their rate and actually push themselves harder. Especially Kyle.

83. lakesidecatsfan
    10:25 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

An 18 year old kid has the Max Heart rate of 202 and his/her target heart rate would be between 121-161.

84. adam
    10:26 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Jrowland over on Catsillustrated posted last night that the staff would accept Woulard with open arms if he were to decide to comitt to UK

85. bowrider
    10:26 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

They are measuring the effort based on the percentage of their v02 max. The v02 max is a previously measured value obtained by scientific means. Everyone’s v02 max is different and can be manipulated with exercise. Have you seen the the videos of RGIII on the treadmill wearing a mask on the treadmill? The v02 max represents your ability to efficiently use oxygen. Once these values have been established for any particular person you can very accurately access the physical effort.

86. Wildcatgal
    10:26 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

The formula Beth gave you is called the Karvonen method and is the quickest/simplest method and used by the average person exercising. I’m guessing they probably go into a bit more updated, higher level training (VO2 max)and the heart rate monitor would tell Rock and the players they are getting there (needs to be 70 to 85% of MHR) It is not much ado about nothing, it’s part of the science of high level athletics. I turned on show late, so I didn’t hear Ryan’s take on it-but there’s nothing to be embarassed about, the game has changed and part of being successful is keeping up with that.

87. SLEEPY
    10:27 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Australian Rules Football players wear heart monitors and GPS to track heart rate, speed, distance run, and work rate!

88. Rob Bromley is a Beast
    10:28 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Madison should ask John Short the question of how many bigguns UK will win by.

89. Cauley-Stein's headband
    10:28 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Us getting our mind blown over the use of heart monitors really proves how ahead of the curve cal really is.

90. Harv T Geney
    10:28 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

my pants are already soiled. but thanks for sniffing around.

91. robuk
    10:29 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Rick Pitino is very familiar with ankle moitors.

92. CatsFan12
    10:30 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

UA All American game is today at 5:00 PM EST.

93. robuk
    10:30 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

monitors

94. Kidnut
    10:30 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Cal is just trying to get the little brother in shape before Kevin Costner dies from a brain aneurysm.

95. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:30 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

they need to hand out heart monitors when you walk out of an Orange Leaf

96. Fake_Bill_Bad_Lamb
    10:30 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I think my next point of view segment I will wear a heart monitor…that’s my point of view.

97. Ken in Middletown
    10:31 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Matt – According to the CJ, the Under Armour All-American game is today at 5PM on ESPN, not Saturday, as you mentioned earlier. Long time listener-love your show & your site.

98. UKnKingsport
    10:32 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Next Cal will put shock collars on them!!!

99. Jack Nicklaus
    10:33 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Heart monitors would be worthless during games. Too many time-outs, foul calls, etc, stopping play…by the time you start to get your heart rate up, you stop.

100. G-Unit
    10:33 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Matt- You sir are wrong, Asiantii Woulard is NOT PLAYING… and Samples is not starting…

101. Truths Cruits
    10:33 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

One of the Mackenzie brothers is also in the Army All American game. 4 star DB is high on UK. Jason Hatcher is in the Army All American game.

102. Adam
    10:35 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Woulard is still recovering from his injury i think

103. Truths Cruits
    10:35 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

G Unit) Woulard is recovering from an ankle injury, and will be there but not play. Why are people like you so negative? Jesus people wake up! These are top recruits that are 100 times better than Podunk Kentucky Boys.

104. Adam
    10:35 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Also Shelton Gibson will be in the Army game. 4 star WR from Ohio actually rated higher than Quick who is considering UK OSU Tenn and WVU

105. UKBlue
    10:36 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Matt just have Rock on the show, problem solved

106. robuk
    10:36 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Please guys….35 minutes on this subject. I love you but…….

107. Ken in Middletown
    10:36 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Don’t know if the Cats can get Hatcher from Trinity, but he will NOT go to USC. Write it down.

108. fact is
    10:36 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

asinanti is not playing hes doesn’t want to get injured more then he already is

109. G-Unit
    10:36 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Jaleel Hytchye, 4-star CB is committing this weekend on saturday….. Down to Pitt and UK… what kind of chances we got?

110. James K
    10:38 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Guys, MONITORING heart rates is not the same as AFFECTING a heart rate.

111. UKfanFelicia
    10:38 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Wow Matt arguing with a granny lol he must not be feeling much better

112. Look Out Fireworks!
    10:39 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

You can put the guys on a treadmill and get a max output heart rate as well as continuing to monitor the results will give you baseline numbers. When you compare these numbers in real time you can see their output.

Whatever he’s doing, its getting results. WCS is checking his heart rate during practice and it makes him work harder. Maybe its just a placebo effect on the guys, if Coach has proof to show they can work harder, they are working harder.

113. G-Unit
    10:39 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

103- Im not being negative… just telling Matt that he isnt playing. I want Asiantii, he is a baller. He also said he didnt “break” his ankle on twitter.

104- He is a big possibility, just has some academic questions

107 – he isnt gonna be a trojan, and many think UK has as good of chance as anyone

114. Kidnut
    10:40 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Matt wants a woman who will demand you be in Chicago at a moment’s notice

115. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:40 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Is Cal willing to make a 7ft man stand in the corner in timeout if his dorm room is not clean? I really hope so…

116. G-Unit
    10:41 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

a WR they really want is Marquez Valdes, a 6’4/185 WR.

117. KCK
    10:41 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Who actually buys music?

118. Champ
    10:42 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

G-Unit- While its completely ok for you to closely follow football recruiting, Im not sure why you are complaining about the lack of coverage/knowledge on this site for football. If you really want this info, im sure its much more thorough on Cordero’s site. go there. stop being negative.

119. hair plugs
    10:42 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Do we think Della’s married? Because Turley Curd…

120. UK_JB
    10:42 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

In kentucky we wear bass shirts

121. Kidnut
    10:42 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I wore the crap out of shark and dinosaur shirts in the 2nd grade…he should have gone for the 3 wolf’s shirt

122. Adam
    10:42 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

109- it sounds like Hytche will be coming to UK. The staff is expecting a comitt this weekend and most believe it will be him. Would love for it to be either him or Timmons.

123. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:43 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Cutler is more of a puppy sweater guy.

124. MKG shoulda been sporting a UK championship shirt! It woulda looked a lot better than the shark shirt…a whole lot.

125. JackB
    10:45 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Alex was wearing a heart monitor during practice in the all access show. Apparently Cal is checking him out on that all year. You could see it on him when he lifted his shirt in a practice clip. It was a black strap on his chest.

126. Fake_Sue_Wylie
    10:46 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I wear a shirt of myself often.

127. G-Unit
    10:46 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

122 – Great, He is the kind of athlete we need in our secondary. I think if Quick says OSU this weekend, we get Timmons, if Quick says UL, OSU takes Timmons.

128. UK Fan
    10:46 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Why don’t our former players who return to attend a game never wear UK gear?

129. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:46 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I suspect Lemond’s power walk to the bathroom was more of a waddle.

130. ktmiln2
    10:47 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

How about that Arizona game last night?

131. G-Unit
    10:48 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

118 – the only reason I said that in regards to Woulard is so ppl didnt tune in and say “well he didnt play so he must not be THAT good” like some idiotic UK Football fans do. Thats all

132. G-Unit
    10:49 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

122- I cant wait to get some athletes in the secondary that play a physical bump and run…. not give a 15 yd cushon (SP?)

133. UKBlue
    10:49 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Forde is a narcissistic jackass constantly looking for attention

134. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:50 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I predict 3 months of the Yahoo stock tanking and Pat Forde’s job will be on the bubble.

135. Earache
    10:51 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Matt, any word on the football bonding?

136. G-Unit
    10:51 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Watch this video to see Woulard do work.

3 coaches said “he has the ability to walk in somewhere and be Cam Newton 2.0 on day 1” “He may be the best FOOTBALL PLAYER in the country”

137. Jack Nicklaus
    10:52 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Spring game…how about female cheerleader take off a piece of clothing for every TD scored.

138. The King
    10:53 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

How Louisville football is like a cross dresser.

All season long there was ambiguity as to if Louisville was a ball team. Every now and then they would do something to make you question it, But nothing would make you say for sure they were a ball team. Florida had no reason to think otherwise, so they were excited for their late night encounter with Louisville.

Well when Louisville showed up for the bowl game and things started getting physical, lets just say Florida got a hold of something extra that they didn’t expect fine. Turns out, Louisville is a ball team.

139. UK_JB
    10:53 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Also bring back DJ!… I miss Dead Air Dennis, TNT Tilford… Officer Don and DeAnn

140. Shawon
    10:53 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Weather is key for the Spring Game. Last year the weather could not have been worse.

141. adam
    10:53 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

What is this guy rambling about

142. inlinefor9
    10:53 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I can definitely see 20k showing up to the Spring Game.

143. Kenny H
    10:54 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Did you know there is delay from listening on-line and listening on the radio. I can hear Ryan say something insignificant in one room and then walk in the other room and hear it again.

144. UK_JB
    10:55 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Versailles don’t have a walmart… just like campton.

145. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:55 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Versailles doesn’t have a Wal-Mart. The city government won’t allow it.

146. G-Unit
    10:56 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

two words… Ed Hardy

147. Jax Teller
    10:56 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Odds this guy wears Ed Hardy shirts? 1:1

148. Joe Walsh
    10:56 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

How about the coaches and players visit tailgates up to about an hour before the Spring Game? It would be a great way to thank the fans for coming to the game. Fans would arrive earlier and create a great atmosphere for the game!

149. Kidnut
    10:57 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Even Young Greg from Curb Your Enthusiasm knows it’s about…THE FASHION!

150. LansingCat
    10:57 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

151. G-Unit
    10:58 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

and Givenchy

152. MJ4UK
    10:58 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

you wear that shirt Matt, and all the positive “trend” of wearing shark shirts created by LeBron and Micheal immediately stops…lol

153. Chad
    10:58 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

This discussion about shark shirts…is this the definition of ‘jumping the shark?’

154. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:59 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I did the math – Ryan Lemond would have to make at least 16 bar appearances to pay for a $500 suit.

155. G-Unit
    10:59 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

147 – I dont wear Ed HArdy, I just know people that pay ridiculous amounts of money for his stuff and its absolutely retarted

156. BradinMississippi
    11:00 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Versailles does not have a Wal Mart they have a K mart. Know your comonwealth Matt

157. Aaron
    11:02 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

What is the date for the spring game?

158. G-Unit
    11:02 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

for anyone wondering:

UPDATED FOOTBALL TARGET LIST

β€œKey: Stars β€” Recruit Name β€” Position/Rank β€” Height/Weight β€” (Interest Level H/M/L) β€” ^=has or will take a visit to UK”

**** Asiantii Woulard β€” #1 Dual Threat QB β€” 6’4/205 (H)
    **** Shelton Gibson β€” WR β€” 6’0/175 (H) ^
    **** Javess Blue β€” JUCO WR β€” 6’1/170 (H) ^
    **** Rashaad Samples β€” Top 10 WR β€” 6’4/185 (H) ^
    **** Jeff Badet β€” WR Woulard’s Teammate β€” 6’1/165 (H) ^
    **** Mackensie Alexander β€” DB #27 in nation β€” 5’11/190 (H) ^
    **** Devin Lauderdale β€” WR/DB β€” 6’1/190 (H)
    **** Ben Bradley β€” DT JUCO #4 β€” 6’2/310 (H) ^
    **** Toby Johnson β€” DT JUCO #7 β€” 6’4/305 (H) ^
    **** Jason Hatcher β€” DE β€” 6’2/275 (M) ^
    **** James Quick β€” WR β€” 6’0/165 (L)
    **** Jaleel Hytchye – CB – 5’11-175 (H) ^
    *** Antoine Miles β€” DE β€” 6’3/265 (H)^
    *** Macenro Alexander β€” DB β€” 6’0/200 (H) ^
    *** Ryan Timmons β€” RB/WR β€” 5’11/170 (H) ^
    *** JoJo Kemp β€” RB β€” 5’10/190 β€” (H) ^
    *** Aregeros Turner β€” CB/RB β€” 5’11/185 β€” (H)^
    *** Stafon McCray β€” RB β€” 5’11/195 β€” (H)^
    *** Marquez Valdes β€” WR β€” 6’4/185 β€” (H)^

159. Handsome Jimmie
    11:03 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I wear a shirt with Siva’s dad picture.

160. Adam in Florida
    11:08 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Matt, what is the latest on the Rupp renovations?

161. Woo
    11:08 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

fascinating stuff, matt. i was not born in versailles.

162. Kalan
    11:08 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Did you guys see that awesome Kentucky for Kentucky youtube video yesterday where they’re trying to replace “Unbridled Spirit” with “Kentucky Kicks Ass” as the motto? You guys should help make that happen!

163. WestWorld
    11:10 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

If it includes a tax increase – the politicians will be for it so they can work in pay increases for themselves.

164. Lawdogg
    11:13 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I tried to find out the legal problems associated with Behanan through state of Ky websites. no luck. any insight on on to conduct search?

165. Rockfield, KY
    11:15 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Ceviche is a type of seafood dish. Givenchy is the brand name I believe.

166. Rockfield, KY
    11:16 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

162. It was posted on the site a couple weeks ago

167. G-Unit
    11:17 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

165 – You are correct

168. Happy Happy Happy
    11:17 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

The heart rate monitor thing was mentioned on a game broadcast a few weeks ago….it’s not a big secret.

169. TylerH
    11:18 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I’m surprised the KY Fish and Wildlife Dept. hasn’t given KSR sweaters with bass fish and a big buck on it.

170. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:21 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

They fly in a V for aerodynamics. To put it a way you would understand it, it’s like drafting in Nascar.

171. Cliff Cravin
    11:21 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I thought the Buffalo Theory involved beer and brain cells.

172. Happy Happy Happy
    11:21 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Wow! Look at Ryan with the accurate v-formation geese flying information. Good job!

173. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:24 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I’m confused – Why is Cal monitoring the hearts of geese?

174. ryan
    11:25 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Happy Happy Happy – i am obviously not right very often, but i’m down with the geese

175. adam
    11:27 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

we have 2 senators right?

176. HugoCabrera
    11:27 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Rebar? Someone needs to tell these boys to never fight crazy.

177. EddieC
    11:27 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Do you have any idea how much money has been spent over the past four years for UK facilities and the Hospital? The amount will shock you.

178. Laker Cat 18
    11:27 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Can we air Ryan’s conversation with his Senator live on the show? LOL. Gold right there.

179. keenelandexpansion
    11:27 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Matt, KSR should try to schedule a rally on the Capital steps in support of the renovations.

180. Jim
    11:28 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

38 in senate
    100 in House

181. TylerH
    11:28 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

They could always move back to Stoll Field for a year

182. CvilleWildcat
    11:29 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Senate members: 38
    House members: 99

183. Richie Farmers Mustache
    11:29 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Actually when it comes to recording phone calls or conversations at least 1 party has to know it is being recorded, not both. I’m a state trooper, thats why I know.

184. Rockfield, KY
    11:29 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

G-Unit, which rankings site do you get those rankings from? I generally think that Rivals is better for football and Scout is far better for basketball. I don’t really check 247 or ESPN that often. Thanks for the list, btw.

185. Winston
    11:30 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Tapping on the counter denotes seriousness on this issue.

186. CvilleWildcat
    11:30 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

House: 100 my bad

187. uklagdo
    11:30 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

99 in House not 100

188. rich brooks' tomato
    11:30 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Thank you Matt for holding this legislature’s feet to the fire! We HAVE TO HAVE these upgrades to our facilities. BRAVO Matt!!!

189. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:30 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Ryan is going to eradicate homelessness and build a stadium with one phone call. That’s juice.

190. St. Paul Raiders
    11:31 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

191. Tee
    11:32 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Matt,
    You guys should send Drew and Ryan down to Frankfort next week. They can hang out with the mountaintop removal protestor guy that sets up just outside the lunchroom in the Capitol Annex with his witty signs, and catch them on the way into lunch. Knock them out in droves that way!

192. Rockfield, KY
    11:36 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

How do you “ride” somebody a “new one”?

193. BBNinClearwaterFL
    11:36 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Senate Members
    23 Republicans
    14 Democrats
    1 Independents

House Members
    55 Democrats
    44 Republicans

194. Richie Farmers Mustache
    11:37 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

184- Rivals mostly but ones that are on the 3-star/4-star bubble I go by their highest player ranking between ESPN and Rivals…. for example Jaleel Hytchye is a 3-star in rivals with a player rating of 5.9 (6 is 4-star) ESPN has him as 6.1- so I give him the 4* status cuz he is on the bubble

195. BBNinClearwaterFL
    11:38 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Bill has to make it out of committee before house\senate has the opportunity to vote on it.

196. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:38 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Slapnuts is getting too technical for me, what is a “professional person that monitors heart rates and stuff” in layman’s terms?

197. JWoww's Cellulite
    11:38 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Come on Kevin…Rick Pitino doesn’t care about heart rates, unless it’s a fetus. And it’s reading zero.

198. Richie Farmers Mustache
    11:39 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

G-Unit is my brother, lol, he had to go to work but I help him compile the data. HE is much more die hard football than I am.

199. TylerH
    11:40 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Matt you know that just because their not ‘in session’ doesn’t mean their not working at all.

200. Wise Old Man
    11:40 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

About monitorgate – check this out:

Sorry about the soccer centric nature of that site, but this is the future, and at UK, the future is now.

201. Judge Williams
    11:41 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Matt,

All this disdain towards a bumbling, out of control, bloated, unneccessary and wasteful government that only serves as a hindrance to the people . . .

You also love the free market . . . and personal choice.

OMG, you are a REPUBLICAN and didn’t even know it.

LOL

202. Bill from Buckner
    11:41 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

This heart monitor nonsense is much ado about nothing. I got one that came with my Garmin wrist watch. I use it when I run. It has nothing to do with medical devices. You can’t identify an enlarged heart by using one. Most treadmills have one on the handles.

203. adam
    11:41 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Scout is an absolute joke as far as football recruiting is concerned. They don’t even have Woulard considering UK and he will most likely commit to UK next weekend. I could understand them missing info like that on a low 3 star kid or a 2 star kid but not a prospect like Woulard.

204. Heisenberg
    11:42 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Nerlens is the new Brandon Knight on being under appreciated. Though Brian Long appreciates him

205. Mark Emmert's Heart Monitor
    11:43 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Using a heart monitor also helps calculate calories burned. Calculating calories burned allows team dietitians to calculate required daily caloric intake. I heard Mark Emmert told Cal the NCAA need hard evidence (not the Rick Pitino kind) to prove that student athletes need a higher food subsidy.

206. Charlie
    11:43 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

The snowstorm was during Mashburn’s last year. 1993.

207. Nashvillecat
    11:43 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

They are renovating the Bridgestone arena idk if that means more seats or just nice facilities

208. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:45 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Walter McCarty was on a 10,000 calorie diet at the same time Nazr Mohammed was on a 1,0000.

209. Kidnut
    11:48 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

During that tournament in Lexington, I played Altered Beasts at the Fayette Mall arcade with some of the Alabama basketball team.

210. Kidnut
    11:48 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I wonder if Cal is wearing a heart monitor?

211. ryan
    11:49 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

wasn’t the 93 sec tourney at rupp the last one on a school’s home floor?

212. BBNinClearwaterFL
    11:49 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Do the show in the cafeteria, really good food there.

213. Kidnut
    11:49 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

stop using the word “Retar**d”

214. TANK
    11:50 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Marcus Lee is #22 as well.

215. BBNinClearwaterFL
    11:51 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

I’m sure Greg Stumbo could get you a vacant committee room to do the show.

216. Dark Helmet
    11:51 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Matt you actually have to register as a legislative agent if you ask about legislative policy to legislators other than your own. However you might be able to do that as a media member if you register with the LRC. Check with the legislative ethics commission.

217. jake
    11:51 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Hey matt I work with state rep. C.B. EMBRY grandson and he is such a idiot..

218. CB
    11:52 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Matt, when will the podcasts be back? I missed most of the show today.

219. The King
    11:52 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Steven Rudy was my ag teacher in hs and now he is a state rep. The man was very into mullets, to the point he purchased a calendar. Made the career change from being a teacher because he told a kid it might be a good idea to kill himself and decided to marry a former student. Quite the gem to have as a state rep, lol.

220. adam
    11:52 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

213- no shit. I work with individuals with deveopmental and intellectual disabilities on a daily basis. nothing pisses me off more than people who say that about everything.

221. Delk for 3
    11:53 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

That dude had some good information. No reason for Matt to be so dismissive. Lactic acid factors into nearly every sport.

222. TANK
    11:54 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

TODD SVOBODA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

223. G-Unit
    11:54 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Here is what ESPN has to say about Woulard

ESPN Analyst
    Updated 12/02/2012

Woulard is a prospect who has his best football in front of him as a dual-threat QB who is a passer first and runner second. He looks good on the hoof and is built like a wide receiver. He is lean, but well-built with adequate-to-good height. He has a strong, but raw arm. He can make all the throws due to strength, and when his feet are set he flashes nice accuracy. He is a spread-offense type of QB who works mostly out of the shotgun and has the size to scan the field and make quick reads. He is very impressive on the move and when the launch point changes, he can be a serious run/pass threat when outside of the pocket. He has very good feet and pocket awareness to buy second chances. He is an accomplished scrambler who is adept at making things happen when the play breaks down. He has strength and elusiveness as a runner and can not only make people miss, but can also lower his shoulder and initiate contact in the open field to fight for extra yards. He has a quick, but also slightly tense delivery — it’s a bit deliberate. When Woulard transfers his weight he can really hum the ball and it jumps off his hand. He shows promise in the downfield passing game. He has similar qualities to 2011 prospect and Auburn QB Kiehl Frazier. Woulard can be streaky as a passer, but there are a lot of tools to mold here. He possesses a nice feel for the game and is a great fit for the spread offense at the next level. Good upside and increased attention in recruiting should come his way.

224. TANK
    11:54 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

Did he just call him our bitch player

225. HugoCabrera
    11:55 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

That dude has told that story about the UT band on this radio show before. Weird.

226. jarrod
    11:55 am January 4, 2013 Permalink

youre right matt…..4-3

Also Mashburn stepped back and let Houston shoot the 3 because of some record he had. If you look at the film you can see it. and I think the announcers mention it as well

227. omegastu
    1:45 pm January 4, 2013 Permalink

Travis and his stupid “words of the week” needs to go. At least on the podcast I can skip over it. Thank goodness fake beckham has dropped off the radar.