Report: D.J. Eliot has accepted an offer to be UK’s defensive coordinator

According to CoachingSearch.com, D.J. Eliot has accepted the defensive coordinator position at Kentucky.  Eliot spent the last three seasons as defensive ends coach for Mark Stoops at Florida State.

Tomahawk Nation, a Florida State football website, called Eliot a rising star and an excellent recruiter.

Article written by Drew Franklin

57 Comments for Report: D.J. Eliot has accepted an offer to be UK’s defensive coordinator

1. Sec champs 2013
    7:10 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

First!! It’s tubbys fault

2. Sec champs 2013
    7:11 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

In all seriousness we need some major recruiters in order to compete in the SEC

3. ljblue
    7:16 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

they all have such nice hair down there

4. Bradley
    7:21 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

2. Dynamite drop in. You heard it there first folks. You need good players to compete in the SEC.

5. mbs
    7:23 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

we do need 4 and 5 star recruits but we do have good athletes. hopefully now we finally have coachs that will be able to develop that talent. something our last coaching staff was unable to do.

6. Hangin Banners
    7:24 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Alright now who are Stoops and Eliot going to go after the hardest for OC Position?

7. Al's IndiCats
    7:27 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

1, that was hilarious, I almost spit my beer all over the screen. 2, it’ll happen no doubt in my mind while loserville’s coach will go to Auburn or Arkansas. And they’ll wind up with a good parole officer.

8. Randy Watson
    7:27 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

The boy is good!!!

9. UK Grad
    7:30 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

If we have an uptempo OC there will definitely be an adjustment period for our current players, especially our offensive line that were brought in to run a prostyle type offense. Very excited about the future though!

10. blue balls
    7:35 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

The Calipari vacaters make a historic leap from the Top 25!

VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATEVACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATEVACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATEVACATE VACATE VACATE VACATEVACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE v vVACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE VACATE v

11. L
    7:35 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

#3 It is true! The Florida sun and air is great for hair. My hair is much healthier since I moved to the sunshine state.

12. rock
    7:35 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Sorry guys but.I.have been let.go. nice knowing.you bbn

13. blue balls
    7:37 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

The best is when UK football fans cheer for the SEC, even though their pathetic program would also be at the bottom of any other major conference.

14. BigBluSoTru
    7:38 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Some of you think that just becasue we got the d.coordinator of Fl.st and a positon coach we all of a sudden are Fl.st people we dont have Fl.st talent. Besides did any of you see the gators and fl.st game Flordia was still dominate. With their players so temper expextations.

15. JC
    7:43 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

5 turnovers was a big reason for the FSU D giving up all those points. And I don’t know who blue balls is, but he uses small letters to describe them and I’m pretty sure he hasn’t been laid in a while. Literally. If his coach could speak English we could have heard he hate Louisville fans and is already out the door. He loves the Big Blue Nation.

16. blue balls
    7:45 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

It’s hard to type my hatred of all things Cats, because my lover has his balls in my face.

17. Han
    7:45 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

They can’t announce it til Wednesday, I think, but good to hear.

14) How many National Champions has your team ever beaten in their championship year?

18. BigBluSoTru
    7:47 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

I am also a giant douche

– Sent from my Cricket.

19. BigBluSoTru
    7:49 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

The Gators managed to force five turnovers throughout the game and rack up 244 total rushing yards against a stout Flordia state defense.
    Headline from bleecher report it is what it is.

20. lawnorder
    7:49 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

blue balls, you snivelling two-timing bastich, THAT’S ***MY*** BOYFRIEND WITH HIS BALLS
    IN YOUR FACE! I HATE BOTH OF YOU! THIS IS TUBBY’S FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. eddie
    7:49 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

one down and now neal brown to go

22. kyjim
    7:50 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

we are not where we will be yet i am excited but bigblusotru is not a true fan

23. Lakesidecatsfan
    7:50 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Coach Stoops has all but called him by name on the call in show.

24. Dodo
    7:53 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Stoops has great defense, but if you watch any of FSU’s games, their offense isn’t worth a crock pot of poo. It isn’t bad, but it can’t stand up to a ranked D. You will give up 400+ yds/gm and 30+ points against ranked teams if you are on the field for 3/4 of the game. DJ Eliot and Stoops tandem will be a solid defensive foundation. Now all we need is Neal Brown to ratchet up the O.

25. wow
    7:53 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Here is a message to all the Tardinal Trolls on here…YOUR COACH CALLED YOU LOSERS OUT TODAY FOR BEING BAD FANS…HE SAID HE WISHED YOU WERE MORE LIKE THE BIG BLUE NATION…Wow your coach, who can’t wait to leave Louisville by the way, said you losers should be better fans/be more like UK fans….HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

26. BigBluSoTru
    7:55 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

B.B.S.T got sense!

27. Joe
    7:55 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

As Lee Corso would say, “not so fast my friend”. The job is still being “advertised” on their website. Who knows, Monte Kiffin may apply.

28. Kneel
    7:56 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Seems as though Nole Nations thinks highly of DJ, they are upset to lose him…

29. BigBluSoTru
    7:57 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Wanted: 18-20 yr old cute male to keep me warm at night. Message me if interested.

30. BigBluSoTru
    7:58 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Now all of sudden Fl.st offense is crap could it be that we were on here saying we got Coley too bring him on. But since he sad no thanks their offense was crap again lol .

31. BCS SYSTEM IS BROKE
    7:58 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

What is so funny is that not only will UL get their azz kicked, since they will FINALLY play a real team, but after they take a Fat L and embarrass themselves and their conference on National TV, Strong will then Bolt to the SEC LOL.

Then, Fiftino will choke, like he always does,and fail to cut down the nets for the 12th straight year LOL.

Hey UL trolls, enjoy your invite to the party in the Sugar Bowl. As your Big Brother, we fully expect you to embarrass yourself but at least you made it and it didn’t take a completely broken system to put you losers from the Big Least Conference and Northern IL in BCS Bowls, WTF?????? How broken is the system when a 2 loss UL team from the worst BCS League and Freaking Northern IL makes a BCS Bowl???????

But in all seriousness, we are just still enjoying our National Title and back to back Final Fours and the hire of a great new coach. Best of Luck in the Sugar Bowl, God knows you will need it LOL. The Cupcakes are no more and reality is a Bi-ch LOL

32. blue balls
    8:00 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

30 What’s your number? I’m interested. I’m not very cute but I have a great personality and can definitely keep you warm.

33. BigBluSoTru
    8:00 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Seems i have a stalker 19,30 thanks but no thanks i’m into women.

34. Tired Of Being 1 of 12 Games
    8:01 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Stoops already acts more like a head coach then joker ever did.

35. BigBluSoTru
    8:02 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Oh yippee 33, I’ll take what I can get these days! It’s on!

36. Bob Cobb
    8:03 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

I don’t suspect UK will be pulling in great numbers of 4 and 5 star recruits any time soon (although I do think the number of 4-star recruits will increase), but Eliot could really increase the pool of 3-star recruits within UK’s reach. He coached at Rice a long time and was a Recruiting Coordinator there for three years (2007-2009). He should be well connected with high schools in that state.

37. BigBluSoTru
    8:04 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

34 stop pretending to be me. You’re going to ruin my date.

38. BigBluSoTru
    8:05 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

but a warning 33, i have a very insignificant penis.

39. BigBluSoTru
    8:06 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

like, its REALLY little. but like my boyfriend use to say, ‘its not the size of the army, but the fury of its onslaught!” so ill give it hell the best i can!!

40. BigBluSoTru
    8:07 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

We out of the ap top 25, we need to find every voters name and personal info and give em the full BBN effect.

41. BigBluSoTru
    8:08 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

38,39,40 get a life like foreal.

42. BigBluSoTru
    8:11 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

42 stop it. You can’t be me. For real.

43. BigBluSoTru
    8:12 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

37 Rice in Texas right. My understanding Uk doesn’t really delve into that state most those players stay west mostly trickle into Lsu and Ark mostly.

44. Bone infield
    8:14 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Any UL fan coming on here and talking smack need to get off the lazy boy in your parents Portland home, and go take the trash out.

45. BigBluSoTru
    8:14 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

It burns when I pee

46. theSkinny81
    8:19 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

42 – who’s ‘foreal’ and why should I live like him?

47. foreal
    8:31 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

im the shit… live like me…

48. red headed step child
    8:36 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

JC, you are spot on. I have a hard time understanding Charlie’s dialect, st first I thought it was a florida accent but I understand stoops dialect.

What I gathered from Strong was that he doesn’t want to beat us he wants to BE us. Welcome aboard Charlie, there is an extra blue shirt in the corner.

49. Nerd
    8:39 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

foreal for President!

50. catfan38
    9:02 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

Blue balls, take your balls and go home!!! Go Cats!

51. Catlogic15
    10:06 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

I had to stop reading after #30.

Too damn gay for me.

A lot of that bullshit on here lately.

52. Roland
    10:49 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

You guys FIND New sources ALL the time. Over on Catsillustrated.

53. Roland
    10:52 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

However you NEVER give cred.

54. Roland
    10:53 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

To that site. Okay sometimes, but not your sources from those posting there and giving links.

55. Roland
    11:08 pm December 3, 2012 Permalink

To sources YOU use. In the OLD (REAL OLD) days of the internet, you heard something on the internet and found a nice link: an “interneter would say, Hey, Poster “a” from the site “a” gave this link to info yOU MIGHT LIKE. HOW COOL. I enjoyed it, Do you?

56. Learn to make money today by completing surveys like the one included in this message, This is real, People are making money using this technique, It is simple and extremely easy to do.