And now, a classic Kentucky/Indiana moment

Remember Mike Davis?

22 Comments for And now, a classic Kentucky/Indiana moment

1. PatPattersonISwalkingthruthatdoor
    5:23 pm December 9, 2011 Permalink

hahaha remember that like it was yesterday. one of the more bizarre things i’ve ever seen on a basketball court.

2. yeah first
    5:24 pm December 9, 2011 Permalink

now first!

3. yeah first
    5:25 pm December 9, 2011 Permalink

damnit

4. the ghost of Bill Hicks
    5:28 pm December 9, 2011 Permalink

I will never forget watching that as it happened….it was awesome!

5. SexnNursinHomes
    5:32 pm December 9, 2011 Permalink

1st time davis went out there, ref just shrugged him off like it was no big deal. davis was 20 ft outta of the coaching box. hahaha but davis had to stay and gripe. techie!!!

2- you been shit outta luck for the past few posts. just use a dirty needle and get it over with.

6. 2pac is dead
    5:34 pm December 9, 2011 Permalink

Joker Phillips?

7. mike burks
    5:34 pm December 9, 2011 Permalink

Davis hated UK. But i respect his honesty. He was a good coach never given a fair chance at IU. He won games – final four, didn’t cheat, didn’t choke players, cuss refs and ect. He was the wrong skin color for IU’s racist fan base.

8. NYCWildcat
    5:36 pm December 9, 2011 Permalink

I was at that game. One of the cooler/odd moments in UK bball. Crowd went nuts. We were like, “What’s this guy out there doing?!” Crazy mofo.

9. MKG fan
    5:43 pm December 9, 2011 Permalink

That 60 second episode probably cost him 2 million in lifetime earnings.

10. GoCats2
    5:46 pm December 9, 2011 Permalink

I’m not sure about this chicken dance version but this video needs to be played before every Indiana game just like the low down dirty snitches video gets played before every UT game.

11. SkyDog59
    6:04 pm December 9, 2011 Permalink

Actually, I think the video needs the “Yakkety Sax” Benny Hill treatment.

Go to bennyhillfier.com and put in http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8RxFpVihLqA

Fun times

12. Ira Tatum
    6:17 pm December 9, 2011 Permalink

Sevener, you are correct he hated UK; which does not make sense if he played for C.M. Newton at Alabama. He is a good coach; I’ve always respected him (despite the momentary insanity wherein it appears he is cussing the REFs with a verbal choke hold). Next, I would agree with your final observation in re IU and their fan base. Without question, IU, withi the Big 10, along with its fanbase, share an extreme case of: Napoleon Complex.

13. Ukalltheway
    7:18 pm December 9, 2011 Permalink

I remember this so vividly. I was a kid, and it is one of my fondest young UK memories, save 98 Duke win and despite the 96 win i was more concerned with how stupid i thought a giant orange was syracuse’s mascot. But i digress, this incident warped my views of coaches for a long time. For some reason i felt i would see thi more often and did notrealize the pure insanity of his actions. Haha way too funny!

14. Inside Your Mind
    7:22 pm December 9, 2011 Permalink

Good coach?? Davis is not a good coach. His lone title game at IU was a fluke. Every year they had double digit loss seasons. Gave IU it’s first losing season in like 35 years and made them worse than what Tubby made UK his last few years. He didn’t even show up for a game and eventually resigned before he was fired. You never hear his name anymore now that he’s at UAB. I’m sure UAB wishes they still had Mike Anderson.

15. Joe
    8:22 pm December 9, 2011 Permalink

13: well said, except for the many punctuation errors. But that annoyance aside, thanks for sharing.

16. rixter
    8:27 pm December 9, 2011 Permalink

Ah, yes… good times.

17. mike burks
    8:32 pm December 9, 2011 Permalink

Mike Davis wasn’t a good coach? Inside your mind, how many college teams have you coached? More less take one to a championship game.

Davis would have gotton a pay raise for his performance at just about any school for what he did in three years. He was black and had to go. That’s the IU way.

18. Lets break the drought boys
    8:43 pm December 9, 2011 Permalink

13.) I will admit those errors were terrible. I can’t post on an iphone. I believe I will quit trying, but thanks for liking my comment.

19. Gilchrist on D
    9:22 pm December 9, 2011 Permalink

#7- you’re a retard

20. frankybluegrass
    1:24 am December 10, 2011 Permalink

inside your mind…. ignorant. you are the reason people hat UK

21. Carl
    10:09 am December 10, 2011 Permalink

Ahhh….the good old days.

22. CATSTILDEATH
    12:00 pm December 10, 2011 Permalink

Davis sucked he got to the finals with a team that Bob Knight built literally Knight (even though I hate him more then anything) even said that he was gonna win it with that team. Davis did well with knights players then got it in the butt from Maryland, when he actually had to coach. Davis was a terrible coach had nothing to do if he was black. He stopped making the Ncaa tournament then they fired him like we would do at UK if a coach started missing the tournament. Davis sucks ask anyone.