Recruit Tweets to Make You Feel Better

SadTwitter

Laughter is the best medicine, but right now it’s hard to find any jokes other than UK’s attempts at tackling last night.  So in lieu of humor, here are some optimistic tweets to help you through the grieving process.

Cheer up, Buttercup.  It was just one game.

Article written by Corey Nichols

38 Comments for Recruit Tweets to Make You Feel Better

1. Lil c
    4:11 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

Someone should have given the entire defense the Patches O’ hula hand pep talk…… ” YOU GOTTA GET ANGRY, YOU GAOTTA GET MEEEEEAN!!!! Because, our whole defense stuck the place up last night!!! D-line got manhandled, the linebackers just took the night off, and the corners couldn’t guard a candy store!!!! Just my opinion, and you know what they say about those.

2. Lil c
    4:11 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

*GOTTA

3. joecrawfordsfoot
    4:17 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

I’m just as frustrated with last night as anybody, but we should’ve known this season was gonna be a struggle. I know that’s no excuse to loose to western AGAIN but we still have JOKER talent all over the field. We have a new coaching staff that like a lot of our true freshman were making their debuts last night. Stoops has never been a head coach and DJ Eliot has never been a defensive play caller, its a learning experience for all of them. Neal.brown I have no clue what his thinking was last night. Came here promoting the air raid and how it was gonna be back in the bluegrass ends up looking like joker/Randy playcalling. This season will be tough.but they will.get better and this staff has done a great job recruiting better talent and getting the bbn excited about football. Don’t give up, at this point were building and improving for the future. Guys like timmons, mccclain, Henderson, blue and kemp all are young and looked liked future stars in the making. Just don’t give up.on this staff yet

4. Gabe
    4:17 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

These high school players are telling us that this team sucks

5. UK Freshmen
    4:18 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

In my whole sixty years, I have not seen such a spectacle as yesterday! I hate ALL things related to UK sports.

6. Jumbo
    4:23 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

Thats the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard

7. Gabe
    4:23 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

I also suck. But, come Tuesday, I return to work on my HS diploma!

8. HicksPickSix
    4:31 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

Reading a Corey Nichols post is a much more painful experience than last night’s loss. Thanks for rubbing salt in an open wound, Corey.

9. Beau
    4:35 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

I had a feeling that our expectations, as a fan base, was a little far sighted…. It is unfair to pass judgement yet. I preach patients, Couch Stoops and crew are not going to turn it around over night…. Fact is I still believe in the new staff, and in players like Drew Barker, Thaddeus, and TV. It sucks that we lost! No doubt, it was a terrible performance, but I still hold out hope for future… The guys we have coming in WILL set the ship back on course. It just a matter of time people!

10. lol
    4:40 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

@HicksPickSix: You are hating him for 4 sentences? Get a life!

11. Hey Thaddeus
    4:55 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

Thaddeus what are you talking about? What I saw sure wasn’t a ball game! Way to throw your future teammates under the bus. In case you didn’t know, at least Joker got WKU to OT last year instead of suffering a severe butt whuppin.

12. Karma
    4:58 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

I’m sure it will do wonders for team chemistry next yr for these 18 year old babies telling this years team how bad they suck.

13. Mark
    5:01 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

I know they will get better. Now that I got that out of the way, is it Basketball season yet!

14. gets worse from here
    5:02 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

It was two games. Its been 35 years. You cheer up.

15. classof68
    5:08 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

Yeah, that made me feel a lot better. Tweets from high schoolers.

16. Jose Villareal
    5:27 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

Put Towels in

17. I. Melvin
    5:34 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

Kiss my ass, Buttercup. That was a pitiful performance from top to bottom. Totally unacceptable.

18. BigBlueVein
    5:48 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

I did not expect Stoops to be a miracle worker, but I did expect some changes and what did we
    get…nothing..same generic Joker style offense and a defense that cannot tackle.
    I would have liked to have seen more energy on offense and defense on our
    side of the field but instead I saw it on the other side of the field.

19. Katdaddy
    5:50 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

Its pitiful, children have to cheer up the grownups.

20. Jon
    5:55 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

To all of the fans out there that are bashing the new staff, either find a new team to bash or just shut up because we don’t need you. On the play calling, the plays were called to fit Whitlows talent. If you didn’t notice, that changed as soon as Smith entered the game. Also, it wouldn’t have mattered who was coaching which team. If UK’s current staff was coaching at WKU and Petrino was at UK, then WKU still would’ve won. Joker’s staff demolished this team, not the current coaching staff. In my eyes if the team improves throughout the year, then it will be a good year. Those of you expecting great things from the start don’t know anything about football. Unlike basketball, you can’t improve a team that much with one good recruiting class. I believe in the coaches and the players. GO BIG BLUE!! C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS!!

P.S. Not one time did the 2014 class say anything about this team being bad. They know it’s a long process establishing a good team, just like the players on this years team knows.

21. repsol-69
    6:14 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

UK football fans…head over to FB and like a new fan page created by Dylan George, a fellow KSR reader, called Occupy Commonwealth Stadium. He describes the page as such, “This page is for true UK Football fans to commit to filling Commonwealth Stadium with fans who really care about Kentucky Football.” Hope to see a lot of you on there as well as the recruits! #BBN

22. repsol-69
    6:17 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

23. Dude
    6:28 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

Jokers recruiting classes rank way above WKU’s. The excuses claiming WKU has better talent is atrocious.

24. Hilltopper
    6:41 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

EXCUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES

25. What
    6:44 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

As good as our basketball fans are, our football fans are absolutely terrible. Unbelievable. You guys embarrass UK jumping ship already whining about Petrino and blah blah blah. Its no wonder no coach wants to come here for football, our damn fans think we should be the Packers with a new coach a few months on the job with a roster that is on par with Louisville Trinity. Actually thats insulting Trinity.

26. Louisville underrated?
    6:49 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

They absolutely crushed Ohio…And some were claiming UK may upset Louisville…Teddy: 355 yds and 5 TDs…WOW

27. paul31
    7:14 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

Louisville Underated and you come to a UK web page to glot about that this game is two weeks away alot of things can and probley will change by then, I hope your players are not down playing this gam like all of your fans are, you guys could be in for a rude awakening. UL may beat UK but then again they may not. Don’t forget this game is at Commenwealth this year and not in PJ Stadium. UK’s kids will be ready.

28. Louisville
    7:39 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

LMAO 27! #yahtzee

29. Lance
    7:44 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

Multiple things to comment on here. First, number 26. I enjoy the fact that you reinforce the notion that UL can’t achieve success unless Kentucky recognizes it for you. Keep cheering for your Cards and when Charlie has Teddy in the game up 30 points in the second half and his ACL gets torn, I’ll celebrate with a cold beer. Second, last night was disappointing because we expected to see something different. I for one saw a coach refuse to make a quarterback change that could have changed the outcome of the game, much like Joker did when he was determined to play Newton. Mozzakowski was a better quarterback, but Joker refused to play anyone but Morgan. Third, for a defensive coach to have players out of position for an entire game is a disappointment. Fourth, last year Joker got us to OT with the same team, Thus year we lose by nine to a team that lost the best passer in school history. There are plenty of reasons to be disappointed after this game, and like most I’m praying that this team doesn’t scare all the kids off next year.

30. GrumpyCat
    8:42 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

The worst part of this loss is all the dumbass crybaby fans. If the recruits decide to decommit it will be because of you. This coaching staff will turn things around. Wait and see.

31. OK You Lost Me
    9:15 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

OK, “What”…how are our basketball fans good? Seems like we have fan issues in both camps.

32. Dude
    9:40 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

@29 “Teddy in the game up 30 points in the second half and his ACL gets torn, I’ll celebrate with a cold beer” Reposted without comment

33. Mr Obvious
    10:28 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

We Lost

34. Simmadown
    10:36 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

Well put Karma, these high school players need to bring it down a little bit. They do not need to be commenting on college players.

35. Jeffrey
    7:10 am September 2, 2013 Permalink

People quickly forget that this team went 2-10 last season, I’ll say that the team did look better than last season. But WKU just looked much better than what they were last season too, time to man up. WKU’s last coach out recruited Joker.

Now that our coaching staff has an actual ideal on what they’re working with, hopefully they can address those problems, and they can be more aggressive from here on out. HOPEFULLY.

36. Jeffrey
    7:13 am September 2, 2013 Permalink

But I am loving these 14′ recruits, they know whats up. Lets just show our support for this staff and just pack CWS, come on BBN, we can do this. If we want our football program to be successful, we gotta want it as a fan base. Just show up and show some love, and we will win the hearts of recruits that will turn this program around. We just have to be patient.

37. keith jackson
    9:51 am September 2, 2013 Permalink

What ppl forget is that the 2 teams that were inherited were really different. Petrino inherited a RB that is in the record books with friggin Barry Sanders and an all american LB thats better than any of ours. Willie Taggart is a very underestimated coach. He is a Harbaugh disciple that instilled fundamentals and discipline with his team. Joker did none of that. Ppl forget that Stoops has really only had 2 months to “coach” these players
    You cant undo 3 years of bad coaching and bad habits iin that amoount of time. There is a reason why the coaches said fundamentally ZaDarius and Blue were best…. Because they weren’t coached by JOKER! Petrino was left a much better product than Stoops was… You flip the coaches, UK still loses that game.

38. Change.....What CHANGE
    4:04 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

I waited a whole flippin summer for a change in the offense and what do I get, the same ass joker style rugby BS. The kind of offense that UKs runs has nothing to do with who the qb is.