Randy Sanders just wants to go home and talk to his dog

The quotes keep rolling out after Kentucky’s epic 40-0 loss to Vanderbilt, including this one from offensive coordinator Randy Sanders:

“I’m looking forward to going home, sitting on my recliner and talking to my dog. My dog doesn’t really care what happened today. He might be the only I know that doesn’t care.”

#ThingsRandySandersSaysToHisDog?

56 Comments for Randy Sanders just wants to go home and talk to his dog

1. Randy Sander's Dog
    7:32 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Don’t even think about bringing me into this conversation.

2. Checking out
    7:33 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Mitch has been hinting about his desire to explore other personal options regarding his faith and family. I think he’s out of touch with the common UK football fan. Lee Todd gave him a huge raise and extended his contract after he raised the annual parking, ticket and k-fund for football, then Todd retired. Regardless of Joker,watch Mitch decide it’s time for a professional change in the not so far future.

My question is.. Is Mitch the guy we want to hire our next coach when he has one foot out the door. Rich Brooks had a foot out the door when he endorsed Joker being a coach-in-waiting cause he knew he was done.

3. Old Henry Man
    7:34 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Randy may have been the problem the last 3 years. Joker gave him way to much, for a guy that could not handle the job.
    The down fall of the program was at Tennessee, when Joker could not trust Sanders to pick up a 4 & 4, so he punted from the TN 37 yard line with 5 minutes to go. The ball went into the end zone, and UK never saw the ball again.
    The Pitt game in Brimingham showed a team that could care less. The Fans have not been back since.

4. coach search
    7:36 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

WOW! I think if I were in his shoes I would be searching the internet for a new job.

5. buckwild
    7:37 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

I talked to several of the players back in 2007 who all told me that Randy Sanders was the one who helped Andre Woodsen turn things around back then. Not Brooks, and not Joker.

6. Shawon
    7:37 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

This quote reminds me of the Tom T. Hall song “Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon Wine”

7. Girth
    7:38 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

“You like peanut butter boy?” #ThingsRandySandersSaysToHisDog

8. Johnson & Johnson Says
    7:39 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

The real question is, if Mitch announces that Joker will be let go then who will coach our bowl game?

Appears UK is a lock for the Johnson & Johnson “Depends Diaper Bowl.” That is the bowl featuring the two crapiest teams in the nation.

9. wildcatmama
    7:41 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Maybe that’s how he spends ALL his time. Because he sure isn’t spending his time dealing with the pitiful offense that has become UK football.

10. Mitch
    7:42 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

we stubbed our toe again today but we will get it fixed.

11. Experienced
    7:46 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Its okay folks. We just need to figure this football thing out. lol

12. SLINGBLADE
    7:49 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Sanders arrived home to find his dog had taked a huge DEUCE in the middle of the living room. Further investigation found the DEUCE had scored a touchdown and two field goals agaunst KY defense.

13. ks
    7:50 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

i just wish the hell he would stay there

14. Randy Sanders Dog
    7:54 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Randy, you SUCK. As a master, and as a football coach

15. wildcat502
    7:55 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

I love that Joker is an alumni of Kentucky and we will love Joker for wanting to coach our football team. If something happens and Joker does stay, then Randy Sanders and Rick Minter needs to go.
    Mitch Barnhardt alienated the Kentucky fan base over the personal agenda quote. This made our fan base sound racist and we are far from that and that remark offended me more than the 1 and 9 record. We just want to win and our teams record has gotten worse each of the last 3 years.
    The team quit on the coaching staff today and no one can say anything different. We had more dropped balls today, then the entire season, that lead up to, today total.
    Was it said that only 15000 showed up today?? Sure, but who wants to spend $200.00 for a ticket, gas and food, each person, when we embarrassed for what is placed on the field. Do the players embarrass(spelling?) us………..no. But the boring play calling, bad coaching and lack of preparation does.

16. Randy Sanders Dog
    7:57 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Like Mitch said earlier this week, “we’re headed in the right direction, we’re doing some good things in the SEC (just ask the other SEC schools who are padding their record against us), we just have to get this football thing figured out”

Is this guy mentally competent???

17. harry
    8:00 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

his dog and my shoe dont care about todays game!

18. Cutthroat Trout
    8:01 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Just saw some tweets…one from Towles saying how “excited” he is to be going to see Springsteen! Another from Maxwell Smith
    about how “ready” he is to watch the USC Oregon game. HEY UK Football players….aren’t you the least bit effing embarrassed
    at what happened today????

19. G
    8:09 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

#18, they are 18-22 year old college kids on a Saturday night. Chill. While I agree that they should be embarassed about the game, Im glad they arent getting on twitter and expressing their feelings about the game. If you were a D1 football player on a saturday night in LExington I doubt you would care much about the game that just happened, Im sure you’d be more focused on your gameplan for macking on hoes at two keys, or wherever the kids go now days.

20. STEVE!
    8:11 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

I think Sanders is a good QB Coach – look at the people he has coached here and at UT – but a terrible OC. That was the story at UT, also, where he was blamed for UT’s slide during Fulmer’s last years.

21. Dog Gone Randy
    8:12 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

He treated Towles like a dog today, so go home Randy. He has got to go!!!!!!

22. Ol' Roy
    8:13 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

We have to be a lock for the Sacko Bowl.

23. MemphisCat
    8:13 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

#18 What are the players supposed to tweet. I’m happy that they are excited about something, it sure isn’t playing football for Joker. You could tell today that they are ready for the season to end, maybe everyone but Mitch knows it is over. #StoptheJoke

24. Wildcat Nut
    8:19 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Maybe his dog will chew up his playbook.

25. Donnie Baker
    8:19 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Shut up Randy!!!!

26. bigbluejon
    8:22 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Sounds like Randy and his dog have a lot in common. Neither of them care, and they both stink. Bet his dog can’t catch either

27. Matt Hobbie
    8:23 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Randy, take your dog over to Barnfarts house and sick him on him.

28. Hoof hearted
    8:25 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

“HERE SCREEN PASS!!!! HERE BOY”!!!

29. Slingblade
    8:31 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Umm hmm!! !

30. Catlogic15
    8:36 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

#21. You are incorrect. He at least talks to his dog.

31. bigbluejon
    8:37 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Love “Screen Pass” as his dogs name hahaha

32. Factual
    8:45 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

No player likes the guy. Ask Hartline or Woodson. Bottom line, he ran out of excuses on who to blame his boring, incompetent offense on. You are arrogant at recruiting also Randy. Putting Sanders in control of the offense is the biggest, hugest factor why UK is 1-9.

33. Booger
    8:48 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Fire his ass- Peyton manning made him

34. Buckwild
    9:04 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

I’m not sure if liking one’s coach is the best case. See Joker Phillips. Maybe the qb needs his coach to be hard him. Joker is the problem.

35. John
    9:07 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Ask the dog where he wants to live after the season. With all the so called experience the players are getting you would think you would start seeing some results. Clean house, lets play the coaching search game again.

36. Realistic Thinker
    9:08 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

#20 is exactly right. Great QB coach & terrible OC. Makes me wonder whether our defense is really that bad or just a result of being on the field for 75% of the game.

37. Bob
    9:13 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Then GTFO. Of course we care, this is SEC football you jackass. This shit is embarrassing

38. BonzaiBobCat
    9:18 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

#5 I never spoke with any of the football players, but I know what you’re saying is true. I believe that Sanders saved both Joker’s and Brook’s job. His arrival marked the start of their success. I don’t understand what’s going on with our offense now but it’s Joker’s responsibilty not Sanders.

39. Kirby Smart
    9:18 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Would UK come after me?

40. Subject
    9:24 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

I think his dog would care because we got beat so hard his b!t¢h would feel it.

41. kramer
    9:36 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Hey ?? did anyone here know that WDRB is a UL site?? I just got cussed out over on facebook article about UL and I commented that UK sucks in FB and we should hire Bobby P, some a**hole UL fan sent me a direct message calling me stupid and a bitch cause I commented on a UL site. WHATEVER i TOLD HIM LAST I CHECKED WDRB wasn’t a UL site! God I hate them….

42. Mr. Jagerbomb
    9:41 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Screen Pass..#28 thats a great name for the dog,lmao.I was gonna suggest 4th n 10.
    Any other suggestions?

43. Buckwild
    9:57 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

#38, agreed. Brooks didn’t accept sloppiness in practice, but Joker has. At least back when each had open practices. Joker’s are closed now, so can’t say for sure. But I’d guess that’s the case now as well given what we see on Saturdays. Sanders separated himself from Joker this week with the comment about the comma in the paycheck.

Woodson responded to Sanders’ experience and his NC ring. Prior to Sanders, Woodson couldn’t even beat out Curtis Pulley in the Spring of 2006.

44. UK Fan
    10:01 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

I hope his dog tells him to get the hell out of Lexington along with Barnhart and Joker.

45. SteveM
    10:04 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

He’s assuming his dog wants to speak to him

46. UKfoosballz
    10:20 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

he failed to mention in his quote that big jar of peanut butter by his chair

47. mashburnfan1
    10:30 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Hey Randy thanks to you and the other coaches most UK fans don’t care what happens with UK football anymore, not just your dog

48. UKFANinnc
    10:36 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Yeah, like his dog is ACTUALLY going to talk to him. What a maroooon.

49. carnifex
    11:10 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

ZOMG!!! Guys!!!! That’s it!!!! That explains all the weird ass playcalls!! Our coaching staff talks about the games with their pets! And then listens to the pets advice on how to improve!!!

I was gonna’ do a whole bit listing the coaches and their pets, and their conversations but it’s just too tiring. Especially after the lack of effort I saw on the field.

50. David Berkowitz
    11:13 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Is his dog telling him what plays to call?

51. Shannon
    11:44 pm November 3, 2012 Permalink

Well done #28, well done

52. Hero
    5:01 am November 4, 2012 Permalink

Actually the dogs name is “third and long”

Also has a cat named “run off tackle”

53. SandersDawg
    9:02 am November 4, 2012 Permalink

“Unchain me from this Z-28 on blocks in his mud lawn in front of his trailer!!! I can see the TV from here and UK Football is on!!!”
    Signed,
    Randys Pooch

54. ebeebee
    9:31 am November 4, 2012 Permalink

Randy, you screwed the pooch, its a bit late for small talk.

55. Jeff
    9:34 am November 4, 2012 Permalink

Wish Joker would fire that a-hole. No more Tennessee losers on our coaching staff!

56. Mike Martin
    8:57 am November 5, 2012 Permalink

Thank god he want’s to go home and talk to his dog, good luck! It’s apparent no one else wants to hear his B.S. This guy is usless and should have been let go two years ago, Joker might not be in this position if he’d made this call back then!