Its been a fun weekend here around the Kentucky Sports Radio Compound as we build towards the big Woo Graduation party on June 8th at Longhead Bar in Louisville off Dixie Highway. It will be quite the social event and you should make your plans to be there. Until then, here are some notes….
(1) The question asked to me most often the last few days has to do with what will happen with Jai Lucas now. I spoke to Lucas this week who told me that he was waiting to see who UF hired, he would then meet them, and then look to see whether he will stay with the Gator program. He says he was mildly surprised about the move, but always thought Donovan might be gone before his Gator career ended. He said Patrick Patterson is trying to get him to come to UK and that if Florida doesnt work out, “UK would be at the top” of his next round of choices. Personally, I think UK does have interest in Lucas, but this will be a scenario driven by Lucas and I think UK will make him make the first move.
(2) There is no Argentinian point guard….at least not the one people think. IT is generally a good rule of thumb on foreign recruits to sit back and wait until an actual name is revealed before jumping the gun. Marc has good sources on this one….when the name comes out, I think we will all know….until then, it is all just guessing.
(3) Tayshaun did not look good this past series….
(4) I hung out with Patrick Sparks two weekends ago…..he lost all the UK senior year weight and has been playing in Russia…..looks like the Western Ky Patrick and not the UK Patrick.
(5) Two predictions…..Anthony Grant is named UF coach by Tuesday and UK has a new assistant by Friday…..
With that, enjoy the night. One more thing…..we want the comment section to be interesting and informative….but recently it has been (too often) at best, drivel. We have a group of about seven people who insist on posting nonsense or thoughts that seem to border on those of a second grader. Folks, this is not a section for Blue-White chants, one sentence comments with five misspelled words or middle school jokes. Plus, the continued desire to put the names of other people as your name on the comment has become too much to deal with. I dont want to go to a registration system, but if this keeps up, we have to. Please police yourselves.