Randall Cobb on Jim Rome

Randall Cobb was on the Jim Rome show last night. If you’re too lazy to listen above, here are some highlights:

On four games in a row with a touchdown and his chemistry with Aaron Rodgers: “I think he’s starting to trust me a little bit more now. We communicate so much and we’ve got pretty good chemistry now. We’re just trying to keep it going and stacking up these wins. … I think he’s starting to pick up on the type of player I could be and he’s giving me opportunities, and I’ve got to make the most of them.”

On Rodgers calling him a “star in the making”: “It makes me feel great, especially from a quarterback like Aaron. Whenever you hear things like that, it gives you a confidence boost. It’s humbling, because I know he’s been around some great receivers and I hope I can be one of those for him.”

— Cobb said playing multiple positions at Kentucky has helped him play several different roles at Green Bay, including taking handoffs in the backfield. Cobb said he’d be willing to line up in the backfield more often if it would help the Packers win a Super Bowl, but joked that his career probably wouldn’t last long if he did.

— Rome pointed out that Cobb is already over the 1,000 yard mark for all-purpose yards this season, an accomplishment that Cobb said means nothing until the season is over: “Right now I’ve got to just keep improving. I’ve had a decent season this year, I’ve got to keep building that success: keep working with Aaron, doing the little things that I have to do to improve as a player.”

Cobb said he’s learned a lot from his each of his fellow receivers, starting with Donald Driver, whom he sits next to in the locker room: “[Donald] teached me more of being a man and understanding this business world of the game and Greg “Route Running” Jennings the fundamentals of being a receiver and Jordy the way he attacks the ball and makes plays. I think I’ve learned things from all of these guys and I’m just trying to get better and be on their level.”

Cobb also has a new blog post up at mademan.com, in which he talks about his family and the different gadgets he uses daily. The strangest one? The Zeo Pro+ Sleep Management System, an iPhone app and lightweight headband that you wear to track and improve the quality of your sleep. Sounds odd, but it seems to be working.

#goldeneyes

12 Comments for Randall Cobb on Jim Rome

1. Tom Sellecks Mustache
    11:52 am October 30, 2012 Permalink

One of the classiest men to ever put on the Blue and White.

2. Matt in Franklin
    11:54 am October 30, 2012 Permalink

Best to wear the blue, period. Glad he gets it and is having success in the NFL

3. Duke Sucks
    12:21 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

He was great., but Wah Wah is the BEST to ever wear blue.

4. Linda Taylor
    1:07 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

The fans in Green Bay are starting to love RC too. Did anyone see the Cobbheads instead of the Cheeseheads this weekend? They were great. Fans were wearing big corncob hats instead of cheese hats.
    Hopefully we’ll get our football program turned around and someday I can picture it in my head now, Randall Cobb greatest head football coach in UK history! Keep learning all you can young man. Soak it all up.

5. Head Bussa
    1:56 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

4 — That sounds great to me. Randall Cobb is perfect leadership material and could easily end up being a successful football coach one day. The problem is, he’s probably too smart to be a football coach but knowing how he loves the game I wouldn’t put it past him.

Remember Cobb’s last season here at UK? Remember how we had a losing record? Remember how we didn’t build the offense AROUND Cobb? Remember long periods of gametime without Cobb really getting involved at times? That season was all I needed to see to know Joker didn’t know what he was doing. The Joke was blessed with UK’s best football player EVER and he failed to take advantage of his abilities.

6. Nick Papageorgio
    2:36 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

GO PACK GO

7. Stooge Franklin
    2:47 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

Randall does not say Greg “Route Running” Jennings, he (quite clearly) says “Greg – route running, James – the fundamentals of being a receiver,” saying he learned route running from Greg Jennings and fundamentals of being a receiver from James Jones. #corrections

8. Cats in the NBA
    3:15 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

Cobb would make a fantastic coach. Finally, a “coach in waiting” hire that makes sense. (And as a great player himself I do not think he would be too jealous/stupid to resist building around a great player on his team.)

9. Grammar Cop
    4:14 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

Donald “teached” me? Really?

10. Bob Sugar
    5:06 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

Kind of like when Randall Cobb ignorantly called out the loyal UK football fans for leaving the game early. That was a major miscalculation by Cobb and earned him a reputation among UK fans as unappreciative and ungrateful.

11. WhyChangeHorses
    6:32 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

#8 Maybe BrainFart will replace Choker in 10-12 years when Cobb retires from the NFL.

12. Just Lew
    9:09 pm October 30, 2012 Permalink

Then Jim Rome went on to congratulate himself on what a great interview it was. Also encouraged others to call and reinforce his ego.