Before we get into a roundup of what everyone is saying about yesterday, let’s give a little love to Rajon Rondo, who turns 23 today. Rajon will celebrate the festivities by leading the Kevin Garnett-less Boston Celtics against the team that drafted him (the Phoenix Suns) at 2:30 on ABC.
Now, back to the task at hand…
– John Clay says that having Patrick Patterson back was a boost of confidence for the Cats, allowing them to stay one step ahead of the storm.
– Mark Story writes that Jodie Meeks served as a great diversion yesterday, which might have been just as impressive as the 54 he scored in Knoxville.
– Eric Crawford thinks that the performance of Darius Miller was exactly what the Cats need – and that it even got the approval of Coach Clyde.
– Brett Dawson writes that UK showed great balance yesterday.
– Brian Rickerd of the Frankfort State-Journal takes a look at what yesterday’s win means for Kentucky in terms of the post-season.
– Mike Griffith of GoVolsXtra.com says that the Bruce Pearl era has hit rock bottom after yesterday’s loss at Rupp.
– Griffith’s teammate, John Adams, agrees and thinks that Tennessee basketball is in a recession.
– Former Kentucky Mr. Basketball and former Cat killer Chris Lofton had some advice for the Vols after yesterday’s game: work hard.
– Watch the post game press conferences of both Billy Gillispie and Bruce Pearl
– Listen to the post-game audio from Gillispie, Pearl, Darius Miller, Patrick Patterson and Michael Porter
– We beat them dirty snitches in tennis too, making it great week to be wearing blue.
Stay tuned for more excitment throughout the day as we continue to celebrate yesterday’s win with one eye vengefully focused on South Carolina. Speaking of the Gamecocks…..Rajon, do you have anything to say?
You just got Rondo’d.