Skip to content

Kentucky Sports Radio

University of Kentucky Basketball, Football, and Recruiting news brought to you in the most ridiculous manner possible.

Rajon Rondo talks about his GQ internship

Earlier this month, we told you about Rajon Rondo’s internship with GQ Magazine. Rondo is notorious for his style, and 99% of the time, he nails it. (The other 1%? That blazer in the picture above.) Rondo spoke to the Today Show about his internship, which he said was actually pretty hard work. Like other GQ interns, his internship was unpaid and he had to work 10-6. His duties? Working the GQ closet, packing bags, and writing a blog. Odds he ever had to fetch coffee for someone? Slim to none.

Some pearls of fashion wisdom from Rondo:

– He says men should own 25-30 pairs of jeans
– His favorite piece of clothing? Hoodies.
– He says Joakim Noah has no fashion sense.

At least we can agree on the last one.

Watch Rondo play with clothes:

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Article written by Mrs. Tyler Thompson

No, I will not make you a sandwich, but you can follow me on Twitter @MrsTylerKSR or email me.

11 Comments for Rajon Rondo talks about his GQ internship



  1. love
    1:40 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

    Rondo is the man!



  2. bigbluejon
    2:06 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

    Never considered this guy a UK Alum. Bad attitude. Never liked him.



  3. schwing
    2:11 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

    eff rajon rondo.



  4. schwing
    2:13 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

    oh, and any man knows he only needs two pairs of jeans. one to do dirty work on the house/yard/car and a good pair for anything else you can wear jeans to.



  5. lolcat
    2:20 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

    25-30 pairs of jeans? ok Mitt Romney, a little out of touch are we?



  6. Sebastian
    2:43 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

    ummmmmm…. does Rondo like boys?



  7. Musehobo
    2:54 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink


  8. Mattd
    2:57 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

    I like Rondo. His personality is a little abrasive, but he he plays ball with a lot of emotion and is genuine about wanting to win. I am also impressed that he decided to pursue something he loves, even if it means he has to do work (outside of the gym) and not be compensated for it. Of all of the past UK players, I would most like to spend a day with Rondo, he seems like an intelligent, unique person that isn’t afraid to be himself, and is unwilling to change who he is just so more people approve. That takes gumption. /signed Rondo Fan!



  9. Rick Roy
    3:23 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

    Rondo is one of my favorite all time UK players. I said it!



  10. MissUniverse
    5:25 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

    #6. you just now noticed?



  11. BigBlueFever
    6:52 pm September 19, 2012 Permalink

    It is really difficult to like Rondo. @6 and @10 you noticed also….