Rajon Rondo does not want to be filmed, guys

“No, I won’t be answering any questions about my jacket, either.

Last night after the Celtics lost to the Hawks, 87-86, Rajon Rondo spotted a TNT cameraman filming him in the hallway outside the locker room and didn’t like it one bit. In fact, Rondo put on his creepy eyes, pointed straight at the photographer, walked over and confronted him:

“How many times I’m gonna tell you, dog. You’re not filming me. I told you quit filming. Do not film me. I’m not doing an interview right now.”

Now, Rondo had a rough night, going 6-17 from the field and coming up with a crucial steal with ten seconds left in the game only to dribble the ball off his foot, so I can understand having a short temper, but man, that was pretty diva. Maybe Sir Charles was right when he said he was just upset about being filmed in that jacket he was wearing:

(h/t to Larry Brown Sports)

56 Comments for Rajon Rondo does not want to be filmed, guys

1. kingrex
    4:18 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

He is a terrific player, but he needs to grow up.

2. ShivelyUKFan
    4:24 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

I honestly wish that Rondo and his jacket would have never came to UK. Never have liked him. Never will like him.

3. kingrex
    4:25 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

This is another example of why the NBA is just horrible.

4. CosmoTheKramer
    4:25 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

That jacket reminded me of the time a friend of mine had to wear a puffy shirt as a favor to someone. He was in a bad mood the whole time.

5. Blueneck
    4:30 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Was it Michael Jackson tribute night? Rondo may even have the voice for it…

6. Richie Farmer
    4:41 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Drew Franklin, meet me at mile marker 58 on I64 east bound. Just bagged a twelve pointer and need some help getting it in the trunk.

7. REAL BLY
    4:42 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Teams / People / Coaches / Fans would all appreciate him more….if he’d drop his bad attitude and appreciate where he is in life. He’s got it made….just enjoy it!!!

8. Hal
    4:47 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

believe a talking mannequin told him to buy that jacket before he spent the weekend at his dead boss’ mansion

9. schwing
    4:47 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

eff rajon rondo.

10. T Rex
    4:56 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

7) I agree, but it’s obvious by now that his personality is at times surley, and it’s not that easy to just drop a part of your personality. He’s always been moody and sullen, that’s just part of his makeup.

11. dave
    4:58 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

just read the espn story on nerlens originally from thamel/nyt. was skeptical at first, but may be doyel was right bout ncaa-thamel in cahoots.

12. SteveNash
    4:59 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Don’t blame Rondo one bit. Trying to talk to his family, had a bad game and he’s got a camera-man just waiting for him to smile or something so some analysts can break him down and say that he doesn’t take the game seriously or that he is selfish or something, kinda like how the media did Rob Gronkowski, after the super bowl. Why do they need to film someone when there trying to spend some time with there family after an emotional game, should be off limits. Rondos the man!!! He will go down as a top 20 player to ever play in the NBA!

13. jamborain
    5:00 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Here is this camera guy, making maybe 2% of what Rondo does getting chewed out for doing his job. He is a great player but seriously- grow up. That said- There should be a family area that is off limits to reporters and cameras.

14. B-Real
    5:00 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

he is who he is. an elite point guard is one those things. he is surly but he has also done some really great things off the court. he is human. I bet a lot of you that are throwing stones would not handle the NBA spotlight very well either after a big loss.

15. Ciggy
    5:04 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

don’t blame him one bit. Cameramen should respect folks a little bit.

16. WhatSheOrder?FishFilet?
    5:10 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

7/10) pardon my french, but how in the F*** do you know he doesn’t “appreciate his life”? such a dumb comment

17. ukgags
    5:15 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Easy Question I hope…What email can you send in pictures for “fan of the day wants afternoon notes”?

18. Jeff Garlin
    5:16 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Rondo has always been a little bitch and sounds like one to!

19. nassau65
    5:16 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

yeah, he’s just a lil full of himself IMO.

20. Culver
    5:26 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

2) You stole my words…agree 100%! I wish his punk ass had went to UofL. Him and Cousins are my most hated UK players of all time. Without basketball, both, most likely would of ended up in the hood dealing or in the pen. Neither had no business being on a college campus in the first place. Truth!

21. Dajon Dondo
    5:27 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Well, that camera guy was a little paparazzi-esque filming the guy in the bowels of the arena with his family. What was to be gained from that? However, Rondo overreacted like a woman. If he just ignores it, that film never is viewed. His reaction, though, made sure it was. I still like Rondo, though.

22. TheDecker
    5:27 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Maggard is offering “inside” information on why Pete Thamel/NCAA are investigating Noel. Only for subscribers of course. Like we really need inside information on why they’re investigating. What a douche.

23. Dajon Dondo
    5:28 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Culver – It’s not Rondo’s or Cousins’ fault you have a miserable life. You need to move on.

24. Culver
    5:28 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

8) That’s Funny! I get it!

25. Culver
    5:29 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

23) Suck it!

26. ltylerj
    5:30 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

I love Rondo, and he will always be a Wildcat regardless of what he does, but he needs to realize that he is becoming the face of the biggest NBA team in history and needs to start acting like it. You’re a super”star” for a reason and being filmed on video or getting your picture taken comes with the territory.

There is nothing that annoys me more than watching a humble kid turn into an egotistical bitch because he is now a star in some way…Grow up Rajon, these last few weeks have made you look like a whining bitch.

27. Patrick Sparks' Girlfriend
    5:32 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Rondo is the best.

28. Dajon Dondo
    5:35 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

25 – Nice retort. While you’re saying that Rondo or Cousins had no business being on a college campus, do you mind looking up double negatives?

29. James K
    5:39 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Neither Shaq nor Charles could comment on this issue, because both of them have done FAR worse, and they are both still loved dearly around the league. Rondo will have to do a lot for that to happen.

30. Dory Iasics
    5:39 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Somewhere Brittney Griner is laughing…

31. Culver
    5:43 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

28) You mad bro? You come off as a diva, like Rondo. Let me guess, you’re a big fan of his?

32. Dajon Dondo
    5:51 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

If you could read, you would have noticed that I already said I liked him. Your intelligence, or lack thereof, continues to show itself. You don’t even know the definition of a diva. Or at least you lack the ability to correctly apply the term. I’d suggest starting with phonics and working your way up.

33. Just Sayin
    5:53 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

SOME OF YALL ARE DIVAS
    Yes Rondo is a Douche sometimes. But he does good things too if you all cared to know.
    I’m going to come find all of you after a rough day of work, then I’m going to take notes on every mistake you make. After that I’m going to point them out and proclaim “this is why you suck.”

And dont give me that he makes millions B.S. because by that logic people who work at McDonalds have a right to be A-Holes.

34. ColoradoCat
    5:54 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

This is the only place I’ve ever witnessed a collection of UK fans not able to get along. Could you imagine 2 guys wearing UK gear getting in a physical fight over Rondo? Maybe back in Lexington, but out here, a stranger in Blue and White is an automatic friend.

35. Shawn
    5:55 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Rajon Is one of the best PG In the league but he Is also the biggest douche bag In the league. Hes actually a b!tch. Almost makes me wish he would have never came to UK. Its not like he did anything when he was here anyways.

36. nassau65
    5:56 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Sir Charles never disappoints. I could drink beer with him.

37. Julius Mays
    5:58 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

I’m going to Purdue.

38. WTF
    6:06 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

WHY ARE WE ALWAYS SO QUICK TO HATE?
    You all talk about BBN like its a family, but you act like it’s a buisness. We praise players when they are doing the right thing then disown them when they mess up. So we only claim the guys who are exactly what we want them to be? Thats not how a family is. Like it or not he came to UK. And yea he’s a dick. But how about not openly dissing him. He seriously he hasnt done anything egregious enough to warrant the comments you guys leave sometimes.

39. Culver
    6:09 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

32) Alright, here’s your chance to vent…like the little bitch that you are! Exactly why do you disagree with those that are hating on Rondo? Why should “we”, admire him as much as you? Give me one reason to why I should like the guy other than the fact that he played at UK. Just one.

40. Mudcreekmark
    6:12 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Rondo hates to lose just like I did when I played. It was just an emotional game and he was feeling bad about the last play and the last thing he wanted was a camera in his face. I would rather have a player act like this than one act like he just don’t care.And by the was number 12 above, if you think that Rondo will go down as a top 20 player of all time you must have not been following basketball long.He won’t even go down as one of the top 20 point guards of all time let alone top players.

41. Embarrassed fan
    6:19 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

20, you’re the type fan that probably gave A. Bennett such a hard time. If your a real fan of UK not some troll, you would be considered that 3% of UK fans that give the rest a bad name and make recruiting a little more difficult. Just stay hidden behind that keyboard and hopefully no one will figure out who you really are.

42. Culver
    6:27 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

41) Because I care about a young man’s character makes me a “troll”? You’re an idiot! I have every right, as a Ky taxpayer, to object to a young man…or woman, with questionable background, to be granted a scholarship at UK. You are the one that needs to stay hidden. Geez…

43. TheRealHambone
    6:29 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

There is absolutely nothing more disgusting than the over-inflated egos exhibited by a professional athlete. People need to evaluate their own self-worth when paying hard earned money to support these louts. Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo both need to step back and stop thinking of themselves as supermen… they definately are not.

44. Ciggy
    6:32 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Rondo is a bit of a douche, but he’s still BBN for life. No one but him knows what drives him, or bugs him. Dude is a beast on that court, no one can deny t hat. I wish he had a bit of a shooting touch though, he would be unstoppable then. Or he might not be as good as he is now, guy guarding him always sags off and he can see that court so well.

45. BlueGene
    6:39 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Rondo is a pompous douche bag!!!

46. HeshimuEvans'2ndGradeTeacher
    6:40 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

8 – LMAO, awesome! Next season him and his boss are going to the Virgin Islands to find the 2 million dollars that Mr. Lomax embezzled

47. cats11
    6:52 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

If you watched the game last night, you’d know he didn’t struggle. He’s also the best ex-Kentucky player in the NBA

48. REAL BLY
    7:54 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

#16…..WOW!!!

anyway….

49. spookykim
    8:10 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Love Rondo & if he wants to bitch out a cameraman, then more power to him. Charles Barkley is heeee-larious!

50. Truth
    9:41 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Barkley and Shaq are right, nothing wrong with what Rondo did. And he was a badass at Kentucky too, Tubby just didn’t know how to play him. Much love to Rondo, hope to see him back at Rupp again this summer. Haters gonna hate.

51. hammerhead
    9:44 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Chuck cracks me up. Didn’t realize how funny that guy was but love his analysis for the most part.

52. dave
    11:47 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

33-you’re an idiot. just b/c you believe multi-millionaires (for playing a game) shouldn’t act like a**holes on tv doesnt also mean you think ppl on min wage are allowed to be dicks whenever. that the dumbest thing i’ve ever heard. ever.

53. unbiased judge
    1:52 am May 10, 2012 Permalink

My verdict is between Culver and Dajon Dondo….
    Culver, you are found guilty of typing more than you think and are hereby banished from the works of UK fandom.

54. DerbyDemon
    9:10 am May 10, 2012 Permalink

Rajon Rondo is a DICK, point blank. Period.

55. BNClay
    9:42 am May 10, 2012 Permalink

I am sure it is standard operating procedure for a sports camerman to get chewed out. If they didn’t take the risk of getting chewed out or punched in face they would not get any good footage and would quickly be out of a job. So I’d say the camerman wasn’t offended and Rondo has nothing to regret either (except putting on that jacket). Every really good team in NBA needs a little attitude. Celtics got Rondo and Garnett, Lakers got Kobe, Bynum, Artest… It is just part of it.

56. ok-cats-computer
    9:44 am May 10, 2012 Permalink

Someone forgot to give Rondo his post-game snickers.