Radio Ron Asks If Kentucky Fans Can Ever Be Satisfied

Article written by Thomas Beisner

19 Comments for Radio Ron Asks If Kentucky Fans Can Ever Be Satisfied

1. ColoradoCat
    5:19 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

2. Blue
    5:33 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Some whackos can’t…But the same could be said of any fanbase, or any group of people…Some people always need to have something to complain about. That being said, I’d say if you took a poll of Kentucky fans, an overwhelming margin would not only say they were satisfied, but extremely happy with the state of the program over the last 3 years, and looking forward to the future.

3. jpgott2
    5:36 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

I do not think many (rational) fans wearing the UK brand could be, or are not satisfied with the amazing results Cal has had in the little time he has been here. He is a master recruiter, a great coach (undervalued), a fantastic humanitarian, and is just the perfect ambassador for UK Basketball. I am more then happy with where the program is. We are a national entity once again, and Cal is the reason for it. I thank the stars every time I see these kids take the court, may it be to the tune of a win or loss. Being in the conversation as a National Championship contender is all I will ever expect. Winning one would be great, but, I just love seeing UK basketball in the same room with all of the other juggernauts.
    I think there is a lot of nervous excitement among UK followers, because we all know that it has been some time since UK has brought home a chip, and many other fan-bases let us know it. Yet, that has nothing to do with my level of satisfaction!

4. Me
    5:45 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Lets win a National Championship (in basketball) and then we can talk. Not satisfied with just having #1 recruiting classes and sending kids to the draft. Sorry, but I need more. Don’t get me wrong, I love it all – but lets hang a banner (or 2) then worry about being satisfied.

5. tdogg4033011
    5:46 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

3) If a UK fan isn’t satisfied with Calipari by now, then they are the ones that
    will never be happy.

6. Trav
    5:47 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

I don’t care what you say, but radio Ron’s a beast!!! Fans schmans. I could listen to radio Ron talk about the deficit.

7. tdogg4033011
    5:50 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

3) see what I mean?? #4 isn’t happy, he’s prolly a boder line idiot !!!

8. Bald Guy
    5:53 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

I enjoy beating UofL 3 years in a row and going to the tournament every year with a legit chance. The title has and always will be a roll of the dice… look @ the last two years, could have won them both. Radio Ron is awesome

9. Bald Guy
    5:54 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

UK fans may never be satisfied in football but you can’t move the state further south or leave the SEC so find a way to enjoy good years and every tailgate.

10. Bark McBarker
    5:58 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

You don’t satisfy me. I satisfy you!

11. Lakesidecatsfan
    6:03 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Dancing guy was just on sportscenter intro!

12. jpgott2
    6:08 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

4.) start thinking logically. Winning a National championship is a great thing, but it is not the line with which anyone should measure this or any UK team. It takes more then skill and talent to win a chip. It takes luck, and usually a semi-favorable draw. Satisfaction should never be purely based on the end result. There are many facets of life where the journey itself is the reward and the end result is moot. UK basketball is one of these things! Enjoy the season, and if in the end UK has an 8th chip to hang in the rafters, then fill the streets with exuberance.

13. Me
    7:14 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

#7 – Suck it, bro.

Do any of you think Cal was satisfied with JUST making the final four? Do any of you think Cal will be satisfied with making a good run in the SEC tourney, but not winning it? Do any of you think Cal will be satisfied with sending 4 guys to the draft each year for the next 10 years – BUT – never winning a Championship? Why did Cal come here – TO F’ing WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Yall can be satisfied with fluff, but Cal and I won’t be satisfied until UK hangs EIGHT.

14. bung
    7:40 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

i agree with radio ron…

15. GapToothDanny
    7:54 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Fulfill this list and I will be satisfied.
    1. Never, ever have another “blarge” called in a UK basketball game.
    2. Set a new record for home winning streak, currently 129 games.
    3. Play Indiana in Rupp, with ESPN gameday, force B. Knight to attend & utterly crush the Hoosiers.
    4. Tidy up some loose ends from last year: defeat UCONN in the tournament and play Butler in the title game.
    5. Anyone else? What would be on your list?
    GTD

16. Bigcat4453
    9:04 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

I’m satisfied knowing we can win every game we play in….. Hanging another banner would justr be icing on the cake!! =-)

17. Catfaninlawrenceburg
    9:46 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Yes, what Calipari has done is great and I love him for what he has done for Kentucky basketball and for the state. BUT what does all of that mean if we aren’t hanging banners? We are a school known for winning and being on top- at the end of the year, all that matters is the banner. I can truly say I am happy with the present state of Kentucky basketball and happy with what the future looks like, but we need a banner. Banners are what Kentucky basketball is all about.

18. Computer Blue
    11:31 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

I love Radio Ron!

19. BlueInMI
    8:21 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

I’m satisfied with the state of the program now vs. 4 or more years ago. Sure I hate to see one-and-dones leave so quickly but it’s so much more fun to watch Kentucky now knowing we have that talent level to beat anyone. Will Cal with a NC with one-and-dones? Who knows! But he and Kentucky stand a better chance now than in a long time. Enjoy the talent that others can only envy!