Predicting the 2013 NCAA Tournament

(Not in my house, Mr. Zeller. Not in my house.)

In Kentucky, it’s really never too early to talk about NCAA brackets. The madness of March was tailor-made for a fan base as rabid as this one. It’s essentially a month-long holiday for us. We put our lives on hold for the only thing that really matters to us…. a National Title. CBS Sports decided to publish the first bracket of the year, not based on current rankings like they’ll do throughout the year, but how they anticipate the bracket looking on Selection Sunday. Kentucky ends up with a number one seed in the South region, with the rest of its bracket looking like this:

Other #1 seeds are: Louisville (Midwest), Kansas (West), and Indiana (East).

It would only be right for Kentucky to face a Shabazz Muhammad-led UCLA team for a trip to the Final Four. And what about a Louisville-Kentucky National Championship? A run like that would make a tournament run just as sweet as last year’s. Yes, please.

Article written by Rashawn Franklin

27 Comments for Predicting the 2013 NCAA Tournament

1. catfan013
    5:19 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

Last seasons final 4 run by loserville was a fluke they wont make it past the sweet 16.

2. lol
    5:29 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

LOL, we dont even know if nerlens will be eligible and we are a number one seed

3. All My T-Shirts Say UK
    5:30 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

I think I would probably be in continual meltdown for the entire week leading up to a final with Louisville… I would rather UK lose in the 2nd or 3rd round than be runner-up to them.

4. bsquared
    5:33 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

wow has anyone seen IU practice for “midnight madness” on right now? there may be 100 people there I mean their coming off a stellar run in the tourney lol bless their hearts

5. chris
    5:35 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

I’ve got one extra BBM ticket. Sec 22 row HH. 1st to call 859-619-7612 gets it.

6. SeaCat
    5:38 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

if WCS turns out to be as good as
    Cal is saying, we can do it again.
    And Cal is not prone to hyperbole.

7. bsquared
    5:40 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

ok maybe not 100 more like 30 and wow ol boy dan dakich is on a roll…come on 7 o clock

8. Isaac in Long Beach
    5:44 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

I don’t think Indiana’s practice is open to the public actually.

9. Scott in ATL
    5:45 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

watching IU practice now and it’s almost an empty gym. Creen is yelling and actively running the practice….he’s LOUD!! This is exactly the way he was in the NCAA Regional practice in ATL in March. He was all over his team and running them through 30 mins of drills. Then UK came out and Coach Cal was “holding court” with the announcers and press people and barely paid any attention to the CATS during the practice. Creen was intense and Coach Cal was relaxed….just interesting to see the different styles. GO CATS!!

10. who dat
    5:52 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

These preseason bracketology things are the most ridiculous things in the sports world. I know they’re just for fun and discussion, but anyone that puts an ounce of credence into them is an idiot.

11. BigBluSoTru
    5:55 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

Man our bracket is loaded looks like we are the number one overall seed , so where do we play in the south. Mich St. should be no problem i’m gonna fear playing Memphis as a Four I’m ssure the committe done this on purpose. We always get screwed. But looks like we will get through this bracket. Sucks though.

12. NCAA Committee Member
    6:03 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

We will give UK the Big Blue Screw this year if we can….but we will be fair and objective of course!

13. BigBlueBallz
    6:16 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

I’d hate to play UL in the championship game. Don’t get me wrong, I think we will have a better team, especially come the 1st of April but the better team doesn’t always win. I’m not sure I could handle losing to them. I was a wreck the whole week leading to the FF game last year. Does anyone else notice how HORRIBLE teams play against UL by the way? Seriously, Mich St last year had one of the worst offensive performances by a 1 seed ever.

14. tdogg40330
    6:21 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

13) you won’t have to worry about it, UL wont be good enough to make
    a championship run

15. HillbillyInBC
    6:24 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

I’m down with this. I have tickets for the South regional in Cowboys Stadium already.

16. chipanzy
    7:13 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

But that block didn’t occur in “my house”.

17. Bigcat4453
    7:23 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

I thought Clappy the Clown was teaching his players the foul drill when I watched so I decided to watch the Yanks/Orioles Baseball.. Crean wants badly for someone to think he knows what he’s doing! =-p

18. YouMorrons
    8:06 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

You morrons,idiots don’t beleive that Ncaa bracket. Do you? #11 you are typical Uk fan. What education level is this pre-school

19. dumb
    8:23 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

#18 Jokes on you.

20. YouMorons is an idiot
    9:12 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

#18- do you mean “What education level is this? Is it per-school?’ If you are going to criticize, get it right dumba$$…lol at #18!!!

21. YouMorrons
    9:57 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

#20 YouMorons is an idiot Says:
    October 12th, 2012 at 9:12 pm
    #18- do you mean “What education level is this? Is it (per-school)?’ If you are going to criticize, get it right dumba$$…lol at #18!!!

I spelled (pre-school) look at your backwoods spelling LOL LOL!

22. Dave Ball
    10:07 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

#4 Bsquared…”bless their hearts”…hilarious…my grandma used to say that after every mention of kids in the Special Olympics (she used to work for them)…your usage brought back memories of her as well as the image of tall kids wearing red and white vertical striped pants and how “special” that program is…

23. Dave Ball
    10:08 pm October 12, 2012 Permalink

and UCLA will implode at some point this fall…

24. uk3k
    9:10 am October 13, 2012 Permalink

this is garbage! they oput michigan state in our bracket…. how unfair!

just practicing for march.

25. PennsylvaniaWildcat
    11:29 am October 13, 2012 Permalink

The selection committee is predictable. I mean, the fact that UK was in the same bracket as Duke 20 years after Laettner’s shot–big surprise there. Like we didn’t see that one coming. I could definitely see UK and UCLA with the whole “UK and UCLA’s recruiting classes are ranked #1 or #2 depending on the polls so let’s let them fight it out once and for all”. It’s always about a storyline, and, with UK and Calipari at the helm, you’re going to have them no matter the team, no matter the region. It’s a tribute to the tradition and quality of the basketball program.

26. Hawkins
    11:44 am October 13, 2012 Permalink

Interesting to read the comments concerning IU’s practice being an empty gym,….did you guys even watch the practice??? If you did, you would of realized the gym was empty for a reason. Coach Crean wanted the practice to be all about business as well as keeping the player’s hunger to prove themselves.

27. J Jones
    7:49 pm October 13, 2012 Permalink

Can anyone tell me why we are playing notre dame and not indiana?