Prayers to Everyone in Oklahoma

Action News 5 – Memphis, Tennessee

Above is time-lapse video of the devastation in Oklahoma after a tornado in Oklahoma City and Moore. The video is shocking, but the reports are even worse. A local tv reporter just said he is at an elementary school where 75 children were trapped when the tornado hit and many are still being rescued. Prayers go out to everyone involved.

Article written by Matt Jones

15 Comments for Prayers to Everyone in Oklahoma

1. Dualz
    5:55 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Prayers go out to the all the effected by the weather in the midwest.

2. Tennesse Wildcat
    5:59 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

I work in the weather business and this is as bad as it gets. Very similar track as the May 3, 1999 Moore Oklahoma F-5. Damage is as terrible as I have seen in my 24 year career. Can’t speculate until my co-horts at Norman look at and survey the damage.

3. Tennesse Wildcat
    5:59 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

My prayers also go out to the folks in the path of this terrible tornado and what is to come as the rest of the afternoon and evening unfolds.

4. TulsaCat
    6:30 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Thanks for the prayers – mine join them. Tragic, scary stuff.

5. Derbyqueen
    6:31 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Son is meteorologist here in L’ville…and says this is the WORSE he’s ever seen in 23 years.

6. TulsaCat
    6:34 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

One ear on the show podcast, one on the weather.

7. Memphis Raines
    6:35 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

horrifying, prayers up to those involved

8. ronkat
    8:26 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Prayers to those in Oklahoma

9. Paducah Patty
    8:29 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

My prayers go up for them. I’m heartbroken to hear that 24 kids have died in a school along with their teachers. As a teacher, every time the tornado sirens sound we pray that we can keep our students safe if the tornado heads our way.

10. Rose
    8:37 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

There is noting more horrific than an tornado. The BBN was there when West Liberty was hit just last year and I hope they will be there for the folks in OK & TX.

11. Jackson Purchase
    9:05 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

I am a Cat fan stuck here in Oklahoma and my daughters fastpitch team was playing in Shawnee, OK last night when the F3 hit that city and it was a scary looking storm black wall clouds reached all the way to the ground. Our Head coach lives in Moore where these storms hit today luckily they have a storm shelter.

12. Holler Baller
    9:28 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

Wow. God bless those people. Kinda puts basetball in perspective.

13. Sam Kinison
    9:33 pm May 20, 2013 Permalink

My thoughts are with the people affected by this tragedy, but I couldn’t help but think of an old joke I used to tell about Ethiopians and how it pertains to people living in tornado alley:

‘You know, we’ve been coming here giving you food for about 35 years now and we were driving through the desert, and we realised there wouldn’t be world hunger if you people would live where the food is! You live in a desert!! Understand that? You live in a f***ing desert!!! Nothing grows here! Nothing’s gonna grow here!Come here. You see this? This is sand. You know what it’s gonna be 100 years from now?It’s gonna be sand. You live in a f***ing desert! We have deserts in America, we just don’t live in them, a$$holes!'”

14. jpizzle
    8:15 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Great joke Sam, one of my favorites from a huge talent

15. Things that make you go hmmmm....
    1:23 pm May 21, 2013 Permalink

I’m sure we can all agree that this is a terrible tragedy and we need to pull together to help the people of Oklahoma pull through this.

The thing that bothers me is that OK and TX are two of the most staunchly conservative states in the US. The general consensus of their citizens is that Obama is a socialist and the federal government is basically out to steal their money. But the irony is that OK and TX are 1st and 2nd in receiving FEMA money for natural disasters.

What!? Isn’t that socialism? yeah, you’re right, they are only opposed to “socialism” when it doesn’t directly help them, but it’s just exactly the way government is supposed to work when it does help them.

You can’t have it both ways. We are happy to help, but shut the hell up when the help is going to someone else.