Poythress named Second Team All-American

It’s hard to believe that it’s already time for preseason All-American teams, but it’s here.

The Sporting News released its All-Americans today and Alex Poythress was named to the second team. Poythress was also named to the All-Freshman team, along with Nerlens Noel.

Go Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

10 Comments for Poythress named Second Team All-American

1. gossie21
    6:09 pm October 1, 2012 Permalink

That’s an odd list. To be honest, I’m a bit surprised to see Poythress on the 2nd team. I didn’t think he would come in that high. Noel on the 2nd team would not have surprised me, Noel not on any teams is a bit odd. Especially when you consider that Jamaal Franklin, BJ Young, Adonis Thomas, and Michael Dixon all made the list.

Oh well, I would rather have players on those lists at the end of the season, than at the beginning. So I guess our guys will have to make the lists the old fashioned way. By earning it.

2. Goodwin
    6:13 pm October 1, 2012 Permalink

Great! so, when will the NCAA clear Noel?

3. nerlensflattop
    6:14 pm October 1, 2012 Permalink

you could argue that the second team could be better than the first team. id say definitely if they added nerlens noel

4. Nerlens
    6:21 pm October 1, 2012 Permalink

3) Is that including me. I have not be cleared to play. Hopefully, Jones and the rest of the crack staff will at least talk about this issue. Practice will start and I could still be on the sidelines. Fans won’t have a clue why.

5. gossie21
    6:24 pm October 1, 2012 Permalink

I would take a team with Canaan, Shabazz, Poythress, CJ Leslie, and Noel over that first team (McCollum, McDermitt, McAdoo, Deshaun Thomas, and a Zeller).

6. Badams
    7:09 pm October 1, 2012 Permalink

Well all know these preseason list look completely different come the end of the year, so who even cares?

7. Do whut?
    8:02 pm October 1, 2012 Permalink

Peyton Siva on the 3rd team? Peyton Siva is one of the 15 best college players in the nation? Seriously?

8. theSkinny81
    10:13 pm October 1, 2012 Permalink

7 – you meant 15th best in the world. at least 6 times better than John Wall……….

9. Captain obvious
    9:21 am October 2, 2012 Permalink

#7 , Peyton Siva? Really? he’s barely in the topm 15 in the state

10. steve
    7:10 pm October 2, 2012 Permalink

peyton siva better than john wall? who’s in the nba and who’s still playing in college?