Post game comments from Cal and the guys

Article written by Matthew Hays

25 Comments for Post game comments from Cal and the guys

1. GoCats2
    11:57 am December 4, 2011 Permalink

I love how Cal says he did not know that the media was making this out to be such a big game. The master of Coachspeak.

2. Nassau65
    12:12 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

anybody got a link to the clip of Roy throwin a zing at Tipturd? As many articles as Tipturd has linked on here, the least we could expect is a video of that. (not mentioning any names, Aaron) but fair is fair.

3. browdown
    12:19 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

Cal is funny. I don’t remember the coach speak being as “bad” the past couple of years.

Check out the #BROWDOWN T-Shirt.

4. Nassau65
    12:23 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

The browdown stuff is gett’n old already. My guess is Davis wouldn’t appreciate UK fans makin fun of his appearance.

5. Anybody else notice?
    12:49 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

He’s a hell of a ball player but did anybody else notice that MKG seems like he’s a few apples short of a bushel, if you catch my drift..?

6. Han
    12:53 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

5) Dude, some people just aren’t good in front of a crowd/camera when being pestered with questions and all attention on them. It’s different out on a court playing a game.

7. catcrawler
    12:55 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

#5 or maybe he was tired from busting his butt, or he chooses his words wisely. Don’t be such a prick.

8. DS
    12:56 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

Cool position by position analysis of a UK vs UNC alumni game.

9. lol
    12:57 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

I feel bad for Gilchrist. He looks terrified in interviews. I wish the reporters would see that and back off him until he gets comfortable in front of crowds. Needs to take some classes on that though, he can’t hide from reporters on the next level.

10. Jimmy
    1:02 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

Let me ask you guys something, do you think teague missing the free throw was a blessing in discuses. unc was shooting the three so well, they may have taking one if teague makes one or both. so davis may not have gotten the chance to block henson. Right or wrong?

11. Geno'sCats
    1:07 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

Leave MKG alone, he just turned 18 and he’s a bit timid. As long as he’s not timid on the floor, that’s all that counts. GO BIG BLUE!!!

12. Onions
    1:15 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

5) I dont think you realize how hard it is to so big time media interviews with 10 cameras in your face at age 18. He’s actually a pretty smart kid, St. Patricks is a solid school academically.

13. JoeMoney333
    1:23 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

GTFO #5

14. lexblue
    1:28 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

#5 – Michael is 18. Many adults would seem just as awkward with that many cameras and microphones stuck in their faces. He may not be a good public speaker (right now), but that doesn’t mean he’s dumb.

15. catnuts
    1:32 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

KSR should do a better job of letting these posters say these bad things about our players looks or intelligence or whatever. These are probably UofL fans and it only makes all of the fans look bad. If I were a recruit and I saw where fans were making fun of their own players looks or whatever I’d have to think about subjecting myself to those types of things. Its just like being bullied at school except you cannot confront the person who is bullying you because he is a coward hiding behind his computer.

16. Yeah
    1:35 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

#10- You may have a point there. I didn’t think of it that way.

17. Richard
    1:36 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

This was an amazing game! I am a retired college professor and it makes me realize what the difference is between freshmen and upper classmen. Believe me it is huge! For this UK freshman to do what they did yesterday is absolutely amazing! They are definitely mature beyond their years and we should be quick to overlook the small things that show their true age! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS YOUNG TEAM!

18. Jimmy
    1:52 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

Cats

19. AlexCcats
    1:55 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

Dear KSR Amdinstration,

***KSR NEEDS TO POST THESE POSTGAME VIDEOS FOR EVERY SINGLE GAME!

Isn’t that UK Basketball Blogging 101? Post as many new videos of the players and coach talking about the game as possible? I would like a one stop site to get all of the information. Kudos on the rest of the site (except that “Website Redesign” is still coming).

Thanks,

Alex

Go Cats!

20. RidgeRunner
    2:31 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

Knew MKG had hurt his shoulder bad but didn’t know it was dislocated until snapped back in. Ouch! Love this kid.

21. James
    3:22 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

#19. It use to be like that. Nowadays it’s more of the bloggers opinions of things like how such player will match up with another. Or how lamb is a better pg than Teague with 4x as many to’s in limited mins at point. I wish Matt would get back to what got him here today and thats the facts around the program not pages and pages of opinions. Recruiting posts are so rare now

22. Axe Cop
    3:51 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

5. Horrible take. MKG is a smart kid and you can tell he’s just trying to chose his words carefully instead of rambling, like some people do in interviews. Besides, he’s barely 18, cut him some slack dude.

23. bigwave
    4:34 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

I’m extremely proud of ALL of our players with the respect they showed UNC and the intelligence they displayed during their interviews. They had just played one of the biggest games of their lives that went “full throttle” for 40 minutes on a 36 hour turnaround. My hat is off to them all, especially MKG.

24. Tommy
    5:30 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

Feel free to credit http://www.uksportsinfo.com for the vids

25. Drowsyone
    10:04 pm December 4, 2011 Permalink

I love how, if it’s not a Freshman, Cal calls them a Senior.