Possible Andrew Wiggins announcement coming on Tuesday

The Andrew Wiggins rumor mill, which has been rather quiet all weekend, finally picked up late this evening when a few sources started to say that a possible Andrew Wiggins announcement could be coming Tuesday. Wiggins’ parents will be in town on Monday, which could be the reason for predicted announcement. Evan Daniels of Scout.com talked to Rob Fulford, Wiggins’ high school coach, who said that it’s possible Wiggins will announce on Tuesday, but it’s not definite.

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

49 Comments for Possible Andrew Wiggins announcement coming on Tuesday

1. Mr obvious
    10:16 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

Come on down?

2. Richard P
    10:17 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

Word in DaVille is Ravishing Rick made the lack push showed him da ring and da yum center and he comitted on da spot/

3. Jones Returns
    10:21 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

Who’s Andrew Wiggins? Is he good? What sport does he play?

4. BBALL24
    10:22 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

I’ll believe when I see it- our side (UK) or not.

5. Rick Pitino
    10:26 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

Ron (Jurich) and I have a surprise for you all.

6. rainman
    10:28 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

Only took pRick 15 seconds to seal the deal!

7. Wiggins Bro
    10:31 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

one year. then the pros. ncaa ring? KENTUCKY. otherwise, pick any school and get nada.
    But CAL puts kids in the PROS – after 1 year. Multi-million dollar contracts.
    Hmmmmmm. NCAA Championship; most highly acclaimed college team in history; most fun ever had….AND a #1 NBA draft pick………

8. Rick Pitino
    10:31 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

Our surprise is a summer barnstorming tour under the name, “The Sleaze Brothers.”

9. Rei
    10:32 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

I don’t know why his parents going to FSU would have anything to do with anything. My parents were born in a dump area of the state and that’d be like saying I wanna go back there.

10. charles ramsey
    10:33 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

His “mentor” say’s she won’t spill the beans but she’s pretty sure he will not be living in NC! That leaves UK and Fla St….Fla St just had a starter transfer and there is some discourse going on. The transfer said he didn’t appreciate the way he was “treated”! Wiggens will be a Wildcat….watch and see! DEAD GIVEAWAY!!!!

11. Scott Rigot
    10:34 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

If Cal had been smart and hired me, this would already be a “done deal”.

12. Ibleedblue23
    10:38 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

Man I hope we get this kid!!!!

13. Dirty Mike
    10:39 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

I just want this to be over with, but he has no reason to go anywhere else but UK

14. CreekCat
    10:44 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

The longer this drags on, the more I feel he’s headed to FSU to please mom and pop. I would love for him to be a part of the #9 NCAA championships UK team, but if he decides that UK just isn’t where his heart is, then I hope he goes to FSU and not KU or UNC.

15. blueblue
    10:47 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

Still want desperately to see him at UK, but if he goes to FSU, it’s ok. If he goes to KU or UNC, he could potentionally be standing in our way toward our quest for #9. If he goes to FSU, it ain’t happenin’!! We’ll still get #9 either way, but he may make the road much tougher unless it is FSU. But having said all that, I think he’s going to be a CAT!!

16. Lil c
    10:47 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

My parents were poor as dirt, I never wanted to follow in their footsteps and be poor too. So, I went my own way. Wiggins will be a Cat!!

17. Mike
    10:53 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

Hay, why not leave his parents out of it. Not necessary at all

18. Moomoo
    10:53 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

2- his coach has already shot down the idea of Wiggins picking UofL or Whichita State

19. Knott County DnA
    10:56 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

I chuckled when I heard, over the cube, an Indian contractor discuss the fact that where his father was born (India), there was no running water. We have alot in common. Only, where my dad is from, we pissed off and kicked the Brit ass sooner. Historically, my progenitors were more stubborn.

20. Kaboom
    10:58 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

You can tell we all kind of love this kid “hope he does what’s best for him, I’ll be happy with his decision”

21. WKYblue
    11:03 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

UK only gets stronger Tuesday. Enough said.

22. Margin of Victory
    11:22 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

Without Wiggs, our avg margin of victory to a one or two-loss season will be 18 points. WITH Wiggs, it will be perhaps a 40-0 record and a avg margin of 22.

Let’s all be honest, based ON WHAT HE HAS said multiple times, he wants to go somewhere where he can win, and win big. He wants to play against the best. He wants to prepare for the NBA. Kentucky checks off on ALL THREE of those categories. This is the biggest no brainer in the last four years. Choosing UK is the ONLY choice that matches his goals. Come on down, son, and be a LEGEND!

23. lss
    11:31 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

I’m sure this has been discussed on here, but I missed it. I am curious when Wiggins took any visits to UK.

24. Jessie Jackson
    11:31 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

William Warfield of PrepSpin.com said that Wiggins will announce on Tuesday or Wednesday earlier today. He also said a fax was sent to UK or Coach Cal’s house from Huntington Prep. He stated he was not sure if it was a LOI or a sorry coach fax. Warfield has been right several times and I believe him to be a good source especially with high school athletes. Deserves some attention.

25. TNT
    12:08 am May 12, 2013 Permalink

Well 25, he’ll have to wait a year for riches when he signs with UK….just like the many before him that have shown the only school to go to for the very best is Big Blue. I think he he is patient enough to finish his freshman year when Cal takes another player to multi millionaire status.

26. Nostradamus
    1:24 am May 12, 2013 Permalink

Had a vision that May 15 was the last day to sign a Letter of Intent.

27. Wildcatsteeler
    2:11 am May 12, 2013 Permalink

Who f’n cares anymore. I’m so sick of this kid I don’t even want him anymore. How indecisive do you have to be to drag it out this long? Or, what’s really happening, is the ego maniac thrill from everyone hanging on his every word. I sincerely hope he doesn’t come to UK. Indecisive, scared of the spotlight? He won’t live up to the hype in college or the NBA. Mark my words.

28. Wildcatsteeler
    2:14 am May 12, 2013 Permalink

I’d muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch rather Wiltjer/Poythress/Lee get those minutes. THEY are us. THEY want to be us and knew it right off. I’m done with him, I honestly hope he doesn’t come to UK.

29. Methinks
    2:28 am May 12, 2013 Permalink

23… At least 2 but I think 3 visits for wiggins

30. Methinks
    2:29 am May 12, 2013 Permalink

28… You’re pretty weird

31. ApronStrings
    7:44 am May 12, 2013 Permalink

Mom’s boy will go to FSU. Happy Mother’s Day Momma Wiggins!

32. Twinning
    7:45 am May 12, 2013 Permalink

Let’s talk about the Harrison Twins, they annouced a long time ago! #BBN

33. OkaySoWhat!
    8:07 am May 12, 2013 Permalink

I’m thankful for the players who chose UK months ago. They wanted to play here and weren’t conflicted about their choice.

I honestly hope Wig goes somewhere else. We don’t need chemistry problems, nor do we need prima donnas.

34. I-really-think
    8:11 am May 12, 2013 Permalink

That we should just shut up about Wiggins. He is not a Wildcat–never has been. You same idiots who are now licking his butt will curse him when he goes elsewhere. You clowns are what gives all UK fans a bad name.

35. Ryanno
    8:57 am May 12, 2013 Permalink

Not Wiggin’s fault that we have this crazy 24/7 media. He will pick soon and hopefully it will be UK. Be patient.

36. SexnNursinHomes
    9:01 am May 12, 2013 Permalink

34- well, that’s great. Just great. GD Einstein worthy. I see you as a man if you could suck your own penis, you’d have no need for the human race.

37. markky
    9:27 am May 12, 2013 Permalink

for all you “we don’t him because he’s taking so long or whatever”, you are all idiots…. THIS is what the top 2-3 prospects typically do every year for hype of it all. think for a second- idiot…. John Wall, Brandon Knight, and PPat did this same exact thing…. dumbassses….

38. wildcatballer
    9:27 am May 12, 2013 Permalink

This kid can take as long as he wants, it’s his decision and his life. I want him to come to uk, we will be really good without him but with him we will be epic and every game this team plays needs to be documented. UK has the best recruiter in the history of the game. Trust in Cal

39. Lcat
    9:32 am May 12, 2013 Permalink

He a heel-money in the bank and UNC coed in his bed!!

40. Insight
    9:42 am May 12, 2013 Permalink

#27 your the ego maniac bro, your ego has a problem with your perceived attention you think he’s getting, you don’t get it’s not how you see it at all, that is ego d bag.

41. Mike
    9:43 am May 12, 2013 Permalink

#37. These are not UK fans. Probably trolls from who knows where. True UK fans will wait as long as it takes for his decision!!! He’s an 18 year old kid trying to make the right decision thats all!!! If we get him which I believe we will, it will be worth the wait. And if we don’t then we should wish him nothing but the best on his choice!!!!

42. Wowzers
    10:38 am May 12, 2013 Permalink

^ I agree about them being trolls from other fan bases. That’s the first thing that came to my mind… In the slim chance they’re not, some IQ tests are in order

43. Nike
    10:53 am May 12, 2013 Permalink

Just Do it!

44. Trolls
    11:13 am May 12, 2013 Permalink

Those guys are definitely trolls… Wiggins can do whatever he wants on his own timetable. I like our chances. Cal doesn’t miss big time recruits often.

45. Mark
    12:00 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

I have read so many opinions about this. Look, it has been fun watching him play in the AllStar games. He is a great player and he can take as much time as he wants. The hate people have for Kentucky is understandable but reminds me of Star Wars and coming over to the dark side or something. The record speaks for itself. The most wins in any school History and the most National Championships. It is called envy. Cal has been under a mircoscope since he has been at UK. I read an artical talking about how AW should go to FSU. Why does that make any since at all other than that is where his parents went? He is trying to become an NBA player and win a National Championship. He will get less TV time at FSU than any of the other three schools. He will have 3 or 4 people gaurding him all the time and they will play him 40 min. a game. The only two schools that even come close to making sense is UK or UNC. I think he is a smart guy. He will make the right choice for himself and we will find out when he is ready to tell us. He will either play for the National Championship team or play against the National Championship team. I know that may sound kinda bold but I don’t think so. Not this year.

46. barn
    12:10 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

45–pretty sure we don’t have the most nc’s in history. there’s a school out in la which i believe has 3 more than we do. nice thought though

47. Ken Tucky
    12:23 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

He spent yesterday at Kings Island with Xavier Raython Mayes that should tell everyone he’s headed to Fla. St. Which I guess is the second best outcome for UK.

48. Mark
    12:34 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

#46, you are right, they have 11. Just been awhile. And 47, just because he is at Kings Island with Mayes does not mean he is going to FSU. No matter, Let him do what he is going to do. I wish him luck no matter where he goes.

49. gcarter
    3:59 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

your right he doesn’t miss many but I think everyone is getting tired of messing around with Wiggins, if Wiggins don’t come they will be just as good without him anyways…at this point im starting not to like the kid