The website publicpolicypolling.com recently surveyed 1266 registered Kentucky voters on topics ranging from politics to sports to bourbon. Here are some of the most interesting results:
– If Ashley Judd and Rand Paul faced off for the 2016 Senate seat today, it would basically be a dead heat, with 47% voting for Paul, 46% voting for Judd, and 7% not sure.
– Kentucky fans outnumber Louisville fans by a 66/17 margin, making it one of the most lopsided rivalries the site has ever polled on.
– John Calipari has a 49/15 favorability rating, which is much more impressive than Rick Pitino’s rating of 44/32.
– Kentuckians’ favorite NFL Team? The Bengals with 25%, followed by the Cowboys and Packers with 11%, 9% for the Colts, 8% for the Bears, 7% for the Steelers, 5% for the Titans, and less than 1% for the Rams.
– When asked to choose between Jack Daniels and Jim Beam, those polled favored Beam 20% to 18%, with 61% not having a preference. Obviously they need to do a little more bourbon research next time.
Agree? Disagree? Go at it.