Please stop mailing things to Coach Cal’s house

cal-mailbox

Unless you’re his lifelong pen pal or Orange Leaf’s rewards program, it’s not okay to ship stuff to John Calipari’s house. Good job, good effort, but no. That’s not acceptable.

Cal took to Twitter this afternoon to ask fans to please refrain from sending items to his home to be signed. We’re not shocked to find out people do it, but we do find it hilarious that he has to ask people to stop.

Article written by Drew Franklin

29 Comments for Please stop mailing things to Coach Cal’s house

1. OJDIDIT
    3:04 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Ok The NBA comish was doing an interview and he was asked if the 14 year run between the the spurs first and last visit or the heat run of three straight was more impressive. His response “reluctantly” was the the spurs because I quote “the heat only won one title if they had won two he might have chose them”
    OK conspiracy theorist aaaannnnnddddddd…..GO

2. seriously
    3:11 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Wow! who is fuggin rude enough to send items to Cal’s home to be signed? Not to mention, it’s pretty weird too. Leave the man alone!

3. Embarrassed
    3:13 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

This made me cringe. Really, people?

4. Ridge Runner
    3:16 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Just weird. People, stop c’mon!

5. Ridge Runner
    3:17 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

1, Umm ya know what post you are commenting in…right?

6. Matt Jones
    3:18 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

We will not be giving out Cal’s address on Monday

Show will be live from Cardinal Caravan from Lard Depot in Lexiington

7. Michael F. Jox
    3:19 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Is he gonna mail my baby back to me then!?

8. Son
    3:20 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Sorry about the underwear coach. I just thought Dad would be happy sporting your autograph around the house!

9. Hungry
    3:27 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Does that mean my tupperware salad container will be returned empty? Darn it. That’s OK, Ellen can use it to replace one of those Cal lost.

10. mike13w
    3:28 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

It’s just fan mail. Everyone who has ever been famous has to deal with it. Would I ever mail something to Coach Cal? No. But, I don’t think it’s too big of a deal.

11. DrSayre
    3:32 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

I hope Drew has an article later today with the top 10 items that caused Cal to take to Twitter to tell us to knock it off…

12. DH
    3:54 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

10) Did you read the article, or just the headline?… They are not sending him fan mail, they are sending him stuff for him to sign and presumedly for him to send back. And even fan mail doesn’t usually go to a celebrity’s home address. The saddest part is it’s probably mostly adults that are doing this

13. Aww Man
    3:55 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

So my balls not getting sign

14. John
    3:58 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

In light of all the ricin and whatever else is being sent to people, I wouldn’t want that volume of mail coming to my house either. It needs to go to the UK mail processing center so it can be dealt with properly. People are too crazy to be sending all that ish to Cal’s house, especially with his family living there too. That’s a real concern for someone like Cal.

15. J in Orlando
    3:58 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Seriously Tom Crean, stop sending Cal contracts to resume the series…no means no!

16. james evensole
    4:02 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Hey #1 … how ya likin’ that beer anyway? LOL

17. Andrew
    4:04 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Peace and Love……… Peace and Love………

18. KYStout
    4:10 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

If you have ever sent anything to Cal’s house to sign, you are a FREAKING DUMBASS.

19. Ain't
    4:18 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Only toothless inbred trash sends things to Cal’s house to sign

20. 3 pump chump
    4:29 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

In other news Ricky p took to twitter to encourage people to send him things.

@rickythreepump: Any body that wants a signature please send it my way… Maybe a McDonald’s all American LOI or an abortion clinic terms and agreement. Also if you want a pic with the NC trophy come on by. I swear it’s as if no one even cares. Ill set it out on my front porch because I know no one will take it so come on by and get a pic.

21. Chuck Alexinas
    4:31 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

They have been doing it since 1920’s

UK has over 15,000,000 things in storage sent to coaches by crazed so called fans

22. blueaville
    4:33 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

we got some stupid fans

23. National Championship trophy
    4:33 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Someone get me out of here! It smells like crown royal and I hear gunshots.

24. BlueLionKingX8
    4:35 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Coach Cal has officially reached ROCK STAR status!!!!!
    He really should run for mayor

25. Wild Blue
    4:57 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

3 pump chump…how true! Funny and oh how accurate.

26. East Kentucky
    5:34 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Why hasn’t #20 been taken down yet? Your comments are totally classless. Discrimination shouldn’t be tolerated towards any social group. If that comment was made towards the black community it would have already been taken down and been chastised by several people, why is it ok to do to EKY.
    #20 You do realize that the money from EKY has made UK basketball possible. If it wasn’t for the money from Joe Craft, Elmer Whitcker, and LD Gorman there would be no craft center or Rupp!
    KSR should list your E-mail address and IP address for making suck rude and hurtfull statements. It’s a shame your allowed to hide behind a screen name because you don’t have the balls to make such statements with your real name!

27. East Kentucky
    5:44 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

#20 KES would you make that same statement about Blacks, Jews, Hispanics, or any other minority group! It’s just a shame in this day and age we still have trash like you! People from east Kentucky are no different from any one else. Do we have some bad people sure, but no worse then any where else. I wish you would grow some balls and post your real name when making such a cowardly statement.
    KSR act like pro’s and remove that trash he wrote.
    I wish that Craft and the others would stop being so gracious with their money and stop giving to UK for a couple years. I bet then the respect for E KY would be shown and the first time a liberal professor tried to protest coal, they would be shown the door!

28. soggyUKgrad
    6:19 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

I think Cal should auction off all of the stuff that idiots have sent to his house for his Foundation.

29. East Kentucky
    6:32 pm June 6, 2013 Permalink

Thank you for taking down the old #20. You should post people’s email and IP address who write such foolishness. I bet if their info was made public and they couldn’t hide behind their screen name a lot of that foolishness would stop!