Please, please, please let this happen.

Beisner went to ESPN’s Mock Draft Generator this morning and came up with the perfect draft order in one click. It has Anthony Davis joining John Wall in Washington with the first pick and then Michael Kidd-Gilchrist going to Sacramento to play with Boogie at No. 2.

Big Blue Nation would have a heart attack if this is how it all played out.

Article written by Drew Franklin

35 Comments for Please, please, please let this happen.

1. boogie fan
    1:31 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

first….

2. fandom
    1:31 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

not to mention that the Sacramento arena deal is off again… meaning they may relocate … Louisville?

3. NameChange
    1:38 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

If Calipari keeps it up, we will have a Washington Wildcats team on our hands!

4. City of Pikeville
    1:38 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

Thank you MKG and Anthony for bring th national championship back to Kentucky – it’s rightful home!

5. RiffRaff
    1:38 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

Speak for yourself….

This fan could not give a hoot who plays together at the next level.

6. WhatSheOrder?FishFilet?
    1:39 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

I would love to see AD go to Washington, or even Cleveland, just because they both have elite point guards of the future. It would be great to see either one end up in Sac (or location TBD) also.

It would also be cool to see Terrence get draft by his home town team.

7. catlogic15
    1:40 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

Doesnt mean anything. 1st pick is by pill draw, determined by percentages of earned “pills” For instance, Chicago only had a 1.9% (I believe) of drawing the first pick for Rose. So this post is really odds against, and just a filler for a slow afternoon.

8. catsfan65
    1:40 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

I live in Chevy Chase, MD just outside DC and I work near the Verizon Center. If this happens, my son be ecstatic and I will have to buy an AD replica Wizards jersey to go with his Wall jersey. I will also have to immediately invest in some season tix.

9. funky pathogen
    1:41 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

1) That would be amazing! I’m already in cardiac arrest. No, seriously…someone help.

2) I will NEVER understand why the NBA thinks so highly of Harrison Barnes. What the heck

10. bluefan
    1:42 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

I agree that it would be great to see the guys on the same teams, except for the fact that we NEVER get a Wizards game aired here, and very seldom do we see the Kings.

11. Doug
    1:46 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

What is the Big Blue Nation going to do when they announce they are all returning for a repeat season?

12. todd
    1:47 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

really does anybody watch the NBA, its above college basketball but that about it

13. Thomas
    1:49 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

Anyone else hearing MKG and Doron set to announce they are coming back?

14. bmack
    1:51 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

That would be fantastic. This transplanted Kentuckian might have to spring for Wizards season tickets. Wall and Davis (plus, don’t forget, Lexingtonian Shelvin Mack) playing together would be sick. Just the lobs would be worth the price of admission.

15. NKY CAT MAN
    1:51 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

I’m hoping Washington wins the lottery and gets Davis. MKG with Cousins would be awesome as well.

I’ve been without a true favorite NBA team for years, I just root for players. I could easily be a fan of a team with alot of UK studs.

16. Jen
    1:53 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

Where are the foreign players? Everybody bumps down 7 spots due to those

17. gobigblue
    1:53 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

that will be the greatest night in Kentucky basketball history. haha

18. Tebkats
    1:56 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

This is probably what will happen, the Bobcats are so bad they will lose in the NBA lottery as well.

19. Becca
    1:56 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

For Washington Wizards season tickets, contact me at 202-292-1984. Great offers for next season – get in before the draft and secure a 12 month payment plan as well as the opportunity to purchase USA Basketball tickets

20. WhatSheOrder?FishFilet?
    1:57 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

I’d be absolutely shocked if anyone decided to come back. People who say they are “hearing” stuff are just finding it on other comment sections.

21. Drew Franklin
    1:59 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

13. — No. No one is hearing that.

22. bluefan
    2:00 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

#11 We would all probably unanimously soil our pants.
    But, sorry, as much as I would love it, not happening.
    I would be overjoyed with one return but I sure don’t expect it.

23. WildFan
    2:02 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

I’m not overly concerned with where they begin their NBA careers. I think the best thing would be if they got drafted to a team in a location they wanted to be in who also happened to need the skills they bring.

24. blueblue
    2:03 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

KSR. After the draft is complete this year, please make us a list of all CATS in the league and their current teams.

25. True Blue fan
    2:04 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

I honestly don’t care where our guys go. I hope they have a great NBA career but I still have no interest in the NBA.

26. UK97
    2:06 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

My first thought in looking at this draft is….my god this is a terrible draft class other then a few players.

27. TJ's SowerTude
    2:19 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

Who cares????? It’s the NBA.

28. Spaulding says
    2:19 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

Turds! Double turds! My comment done got moderated!

29. Mercer
    2:30 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

Lamb and MKG are staying….Jerry Tipton assures me, He wouldn’t lie to a UK Fan would he, He told me I could trust him and then handed me a folder of erroneus stats

30. mb
    2:57 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

and Chuck Hayes – at the Kings! That would put two of the biggest hustle players to every wear the blue and white playing together I would love it!!!!

31. JustSayin
    3:12 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

Someone brought up a good point earlier. Where are all the foreign players. Usually there are atleast 5-10 in the first round. Surely some of them will knock down some U.S. players in draft position.

32. Dipstick Freemont
    3:18 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

A heart attack because of the greatest day in UK history? Why yes, yes indeed. Just how many cars will be destroyed like Cash for Clunkers is back in style?

33. Dipstick Freemont
    3:21 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

#3, what exactly did Cal do?

#4, Keh too the Citi

34. realjoemathis
    3:53 pm April 17, 2012 Permalink

and don’t forget about Terrence Jones going to play with Ersan Ilyasova!

35. Steady