Pictures of John Wall’s New $4.9 Million House

john-wall-house-7

Today we told you about John Wall’s new purchase, a $4.9 million dollar crib in the DC area that will allow him to enjoy his new contract. Well this afternoon, the website BUSTED COVERAGE provided some pictures of the house in all its glory. Click the link above to see more (they are impressive), but here is just a small sample:

john-wall-house-1 john-wall-house-4 john-wall-house-24 john-wall-house-13 john-wall-house-31

Article written by Matt Jones

27 Comments for Pictures of John Wall’s New $4.9 Million House

1. jking
    2:36 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

I would dunk so hard on that Basketball goal on the far right

2. Kevin
    2:38 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

Nice Wall…

3. bluetooth
    2:44 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

wow , really nice . enjoy it john

4. bmt22033
    2:46 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

By DC metro standards, that’s actually quite modest (relatively speaking, of course).

5. Terri
    2:49 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

I noticed that the basketball court was blue. Probably what sealed the deal.

6. Dandy Don
    2:50 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

What??? This house only has a half court indoor basketball gym? I wouldn’t buy this piece of sh!t

7. tltaworl
    2:51 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

He will pay more for maintaining that tennis court that I pay for my mortgage.

8. Wilford Brimley
    2:56 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

Nice shuffleboard court in pic #1. If I didn’t have diabetes I’d come over there and kick John’s a – – in a couple of quick games.

9. Austin
    3:01 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

Dang J, Ball out son!!!

10. FreshJive
    3:04 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

Face Goose

11. DC Traffic
    3:05 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

Holy Potomac to downtown DC commute in traffic. Bless his heart.

12. Hope for Better
    3:11 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

I was hoping for better from John Wall. Even with his huge contract he has a 60% chance of going bankrupt after he finishes playing. No need for a $5M home. Something 1/3 of that would have been more than adequate. Time will tell.

13. Mr. Obvious
    3:25 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

This house cost 4.9 million

14. DT in DC
    3:35 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

Agree with above. “Only” $4.9M in the DC area is actually not going overboard. Believe me, when I lived in Kentucky, I would have thought that was a ridiculous statement. But living in this area for 14 years and knowing what my husband and I had to pay for a VERY modest home in a nice neighborhood, I say he could have spent much, much more in this area.

15. Hope for Better
    3:42 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

Not wanting to get something started here but…look at the pictures. He does not need that house and there are other areas in DC he could have lived in for less money. Again, time will tell. Matt – mark this comment section and let’s refer back to it in 5-10 years and see how JW is doing financially. I hope I am wrong.

16. Backagain
    4:01 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

That one and done stuff really hurt him…lol. I guess if he stayed 2 years he could have bought a helicopter too.

17. WOW!!
    4:03 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

WOW like OMG STFU!! More celeb news! OMG I hope he uses Scott toilet paper in his house bc I do too and that would totally make us like bffs!!

Please more stuff like this!!

18. DH
    4:05 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

You people saying he spent too much do realize with all the money he makes (including endorsements and public appearances) he could have paid cash for that house. He makes more annually than that house is worth. Of couse he doesn’t NEED the house. But he’s making money now to be able to afford what he WANTS. I thought that was life and the American dream. But yeah, he should have only spent 200,000 on his house. You know, the kind of house somebody that makes a fraction of what John Wall makes would be able to afford.

19. J in Orlando
    4:22 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

12 The fact that he got a good deal (yes its a good deal) on a piece of real estate that is very likely to appreciate while he owns it indicates the exact opposite of what you are saying is true. I really hope you dont manage your own portfolio. The guy will likely make over 180M after taxes (conservative estimate)…even if the house lost a little value while he lives in it, still not that bad.

Its much better to buy property than blow it on cars and strippers

20. Just curious
    4:45 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

If you’re going to build a 17,350 sf house, why wouldn’t add an extra 200 sf so that you could have a full half court and not have to cut down on the sides?

21. Hope for Better
    4:55 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

I’m assuming he paid cash but it still doesn’t change the percentages…

Allen Iverson (made over $150M playing NOT including endorsements) — Bankrupt
    Antoine Walker — earned 110M — Bankrupt

Go watch the ESPN film “Broke”

Scottie Pippen, Kenny Anderson, Latrell Sprewell and the list goes on and on

22. Brandon
    5:11 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

There are always exceptions to the rule. Last time I checked Shaq, Mashburn, Penny Hardaway, Alonzo Mourning, and a lot of other players are still managing their money quite well. Its easy to point out the worst of the lot. Every pro sports player isnt a dead beat bum after retirement.

23. RahRah
    5:25 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

Beautiful! Glad things are going well for our guy. I wish him only the best.

24. bluristhurr
    6:39 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

Anybody else notice the little white peoples dunking goal next to the black peoples dunking goals. I used to recreate Jordans dunks on that sucker when I was 12

25. YouDaManJWall
    10:05 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

Everyone hating on John needs to give it a break. Does he “need” a $5mil home? No obviously, but the guy didn’t go all Evander Holyfield and build a $50mil mansion. At 5 I think he got a steal and if he wants to sell in a couple years he’ll probably make a killing. People who make bad business investments and have gambling problems are the ones going broke. Doesn’t matter what you spend on a house if you got those problems, you’d lose a mobile home. Getting good deals on real estate is how you maintain and add to your fortune! I say smart buy.

26. kyhank
    10:47 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

I think John is in big trouble in 10 years, money falls it will eat him up.

27. Old Timers
    11:17 pm September 4, 2013 Permalink

If only he had stayed at UK for four years and finished his education. He could’ve really made something of himself. What a waste….