PHOTOS: Nick Saban-sanity

image

The legend around here is that Nick Saban doesn’t walk, he glides. Alabama fans have packed the Wynfrey Hotel lobby for a mere glimpse of the championship coach and trust me, they feel rewarded when he “glides” by for approximately 1.5 seconds. I camped out on top of the Escalator of Disappointment waiting for him to enter Radio Row, and once he did, quickly jumped on and took this Instagram video.

See? He moves so fast I couldn’t even get him in the shot. From there, I went to Radio Row, where he was doing an interview, and practically draped myself over another radio show in progress to get this shot:

BPd4D5yCQAA0sOM

Media Days is indeed a circus, and he’s the ringmaster.

image_1
The crowd at the bottom of the Escalator of Disappointment. They were not impressed with me.

image_4

RAAAAAAWH TIDE! RAAAAAAWH TIDE!

image_3

The championship ring hat takes a break.

image_2

Shocked there isn’t a UK/UofL version of this shirt.

And with that, I exit this crazy, crazy stage. I’ll have a final recap for you tonight when I get back to Nashville.

17 Comments for PHOTOS: Nick Saban-sanity

1. TravisC
    12:34 pm July 18, 2013 Permalink

I have seen a UK-UL version of the last shirt. Made by the same company and everything.

2. Auburn
    12:42 pm July 18, 2013 Permalink

War Eagle !

3. Why would you even...?
    12:45 pm July 18, 2013 Permalink

Instagram video fail

4. UKBlue
    12:52 pm July 18, 2013 Permalink

Over Under A new version of this shirt is at Fan Outfitters by the end of August

5. Bicycle Seat Sniffer
    1:05 pm July 18, 2013 Permalink

1 – Yep. I own said shirt.

6. Ben
    1:09 pm July 18, 2013 Permalink

I have that shirt. The back the says about 65 miles and 5 National Championships. Funny thing is I purchased it before UK and UL won their most recent championships. I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to wear it anymore after we won the ship… Thanks a lot Louisville

7. Rise
    1:12 pm July 18, 2013 Permalink

I can relate to why other fans hate BBN. We are comparable to Alabama football fans and I can’t stand to listen to them.

8. chipper3381
    1:21 pm July 18, 2013 Permalink

there is a UK-UL version of that shirt .. I hate when this site makes statements without knowing the truth .. I know this is just a t-shirt but you guys do it ALL THE TIME ! You write stuff without having any idea if its true or not … its called ‘research’ ..

9. Check the Facts
    1:45 pm July 18, 2013 Permalink

There already IS a tshirt just like that for UK-UofL. I can’t believe you don’t have the ability to check FACTS before posting this stuff! I mean, that is simple investigative reporting, how hard can it be? This site is seriously getting WORSE by the day. TSHIRT FACTS NOT LIES IDIOTS

10. SheedWallace'sGraySpot
    1:50 pm July 18, 2013 Permalink

Yeah, shame on you KSR writers for not knowing this. All you had to do is go to http://www.everyTshirtEverMadeInTheHistoryOfMan.com and there it is. Right on page 1,356,289! Duh!

11. SheedWallace'sGraySpot
    1:50 pm July 18, 2013 Permalink

He says with heavy sarcasm

12. wde
    2:25 pm July 18, 2013 Permalink

Warr eaagle!!

13. BillyJoeCat-Fan
    4:03 pm July 18, 2013 Permalink

#8 & 9: this type of thing iritates me as well. As far as the Alabama – Auburn rivalry goes I was at the SEC tourney at the Ga Dome the spring after Auburn was kept out of the championship contention when they were undefeated. Some Bama fans were selling shirts with rings on them saying “ok Auburn, if you’ll stop your crying, we’ll give you one of ours!” I asked the guy how much because I knew someone back home who might like it. He asked the guy who owned the shirts and said I had a Tide fan back home and said $15.00. When I told him no, it was for an Auburn fan, he started cracking up & gave it to me free! Those folks truely HATE each other!!!

14. CouchCat
    8:41 pm July 18, 2013 Permalink

It amazes me how stupid some people are. They are too busy trying to correct KSR writers to even get the joke. It’s sarcasm and its brilliant. I really try to stay positive on here, but come one people!!! Do you have any ideal what this website was started on and made it soooo popular?? THE MOST RIDICULOUS MANNER POSSIBLE !! Great job Tyler Thompson even if most who read it this post don’t get it. I do

15. @2 and 13
    8:45 pm July 18, 2013 Permalink

Glad to see a few more hybrid Auburn-UK fans on here! As an Auburn alum & lifelong UK fan, WARRR EAGLEEE AND GO CATS!

16. Gullible
    9:07 pm July 18, 2013 Permalink

#11, I hate you for making me fall for that link. I even got excited at the prospect of seeing all of them!

17. Matt Jones
    9:37 pm July 18, 2013 Permalink

#8, #9, you are the types of people that try to make life miserable. Please go read another site