Photos from the Mark Stoops press conference

Mark Stoops was introduced to Big Blue Nation on Sunday afternoon in front of large crowd in Nutter Fieldhouse.  The music was loud, the soft drinks were free, and KSR photographer Regina Rickert was in the building, capturing the moments with her camera.

Fans waiting outside in the rain to see their new football coach.

He arrives via white chariot.

Barnhart and Capilouto enter the building.

Stoops makes his way through the crowd.

Stoops adresses the crowd with Mitch Barnhart and Eli Capilouto by his side.

Players watch from the side.

Article written by Drew Franklin

23 Comments for Photos from the Mark Stoops press conference

1. tdogg40330
    5:35 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

GO BIG BLUE !!!!

2. Mitch Lies You Buys
    5:39 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

Mitch: “Eli Capilouto doesn’t mind that I am responsible for paying 2 basketball coaches, and 2 Football coaches at the current time. Neither should you”

Coaches I’m Directly Responsible For UK Continuing To Pay:

Billy Clyde Gillispie — $
    Joker Phillips — $
    John Calipari — $
    Mark Stoops — $

Mitch: “The ticket prices will continue to increase by percentages that curiously don’t match inflation BBN. Why?

This is because the Athletic Department is a quasi-separate entity which funds it’s 2 Basketball Head Coaches & 2 Head Football Coaches currently on the Kentucky Payroll on the backs of the fans, many of whom feel compelled to support the Schools Athletics, since they attended the school.

“Swinging For The Fences” Version 2012
    Head Coaching Record
    Overall 0—0
    Bowls 0-0

Mitch: “As long as you don’t say anything, I’ll just keep hiring coaches. Thanks for your support”

3. E.G Nashville
    5:41 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

#2. Fail on so many levels.

4. Ich Heise Neil
    5:43 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

2. That was a waste of time.

Gillispie had a buyout. We arent still paying him. The whole reason that Billy G. sued UK was because he didnt have a contract and UK wasnt honoring the memorandum of understanding.

We paid him 6 million bucks to go away.

So, your point is invalid.

Have a nice day.

5. awww
    5:43 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

Somebody give #2 a hug

6. BIg D
    5:44 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

Could be a great hire. Curious as to who he brings in for offensive leader and what he decides is best plan for defensive players we ha e.

7. KYStout
    5:46 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

Looks like ul vs Florida in the Sugar bowl is going to happen. Bird fans already talking trash about how overrated the SEC is.

Absolutely pathetic that a team that never played or defeated a single ranked team (and lost to two unbanked teams) gets to go to the freaking Sugar bowl.

8. Ky_99
    5:51 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

I would rather give #2 a bullet than a hug! He could use that more it seems

9. Bluerthanu
    5:52 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

If someone could point me in the direction of a replay of the presser I would GREATLY appreciate it.

10. Blue Jesus
    5:54 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

Is he shaking Joker’s hand in that picture?

11. Big Blue22
    5:55 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

Go home #2

12. Reality
    6:01 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

#4 – Ich Heise Neil – The $2.98 Million (plus attorneys fees) Payout to Gillispie was settled due to the Memorandum of Understanding that existed.

The original payout amount would have been $6 Million. It was to be the equivalent for the remainder of his 7 year contract term, which happens (unfortunately for you & UK fans) be ongoing until year 2014.

UK paid Gillipsie for his services based on his contract until 2014. So until 2014, he’s still on the payroll.

Education is better than make believe.

13. Jen
    6:02 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

I sure hope the world don’t end on December 21st, UK fans have a lot to look forward to next year 🙂 Monster basketball class and Stoop’s Troops!

14. JEREMY
    6:03 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

Hey #2! What the poor lil baby not get his way and get his bobby petrino? WAAA!!! Get over it man, you will be wondering why you didn’t three years from now! Lose your man crush for petrino!

15. Hangin Banners
    6:03 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

At first glance, I thought that was Joker shaking hands with Stoops in the 5th picture down from the top…lol

16. Mitch Barnhart
    6:08 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

Am I good for UK?

17. Larry Hagman
    6:09 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

Try espn 3 for replay of presser.

18. Mark Stoops
    6:11 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

“I know, I should have arrived with an Offensive Coordinator today in order for all this hype to not seem so shallow.

I’ll get on the drawing board and see if I can find us a good one. You know, one that knows offense. Because I’m a defensive guy. You know, defense is not offense but can still score with safeties.

Our defense is going to be great. In time. You know, once we get good.”

19. people
    6:37 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

Some people are just the worst…#2…#16…#18…

20. Bob the builder
    7:16 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

hey drew, saw you at the press conference today. you look fatter than you did the last time i saw you. your heart hates you.

21. lhw
    7:33 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

Where us Mitch’s hand in the fourth picture???

22. Bob the builder
    7:46 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

I also saw myself in a mirror today and realized my face looks like a dog’s a$$…I hate myself

23. southern ind. cat fan
    8:17 pm December 2, 2012 Permalink

i dont care what they had to pay that dufus gillespie. but im glad he’s gone. go cats