Photobombing Pastor wants an 11:30 a.m. Wigginsanity update

photobombingpastor

We are a little over 24 hours away from Andrew Wiggins’ long-awaited announcement. We’ll be bringing you updates and predictions all day, with the first round coming from some national writers on Twitter. Let’s go!

Evan Daniels: “Not saying Kansas is getting Andrew Wiggins, but they are/have been more in the mix than many are giving them credit for.”

Jeff Goodman to Daniels: “I agree. I think Kansas has been Florida State’s primary competition the last month or so — for whatever that’s worth.”

Matt to Daniels: “Totally agree.”

Jerry Meyer: “And 4 record, I’m predicting Andrew Wiggins to #FSU not saying I know where he is going. Not in stone. …As I’ve said before, don’t think incoming UK freshmen are doing a great job recruiting him.”

Dave Telep: “Probably single digits the amount of times I’ve been this thoroughly confused & in the dark regarding a player’s decision #wiggins”

Me to everyone: “Party at my house if Wiggins is a Cat.”

Stay tuned…

35 Comments for Photobombing Pastor wants an 11:30 a.m. Wigginsanity update

1. Sean Clark
    11:32 am May 13, 2013 Permalink

First!!

2. Sandy
    11:36 am May 13, 2013 Permalink

I hope he goes to Morehead.

3. KevinM
    11:37 am May 13, 2013 Permalink

Again, I go with Jason Jordan’s article. There isn’t another media guy out there who knows ANYTHING! Someone show me an article that says anything that leads him to another school? It isn’t there.

Looking forward to 12:15 tomorrow!

4. ATTN: Tyler Thompson
    11:40 am May 13, 2013 Permalink

Tyler, we need directions!
    I’ll be there!

5. cope
    11:41 am May 13, 2013 Permalink

3. Is there anyway you can post a link to that Jason Jordon article? App if you can

6. Wall2Cousins
    11:43 am May 13, 2013 Permalink

THESE PEOPLE ARE SO FKN STUPID SPEWING UP CRAP AS IF THEY KNOW ANYMORE THEN ANYONE ELSE ON WHERE WIGGINS IS GOING…THEY ONLY POST THIS CRAP TO GET PEOPLE TO READ OR LISTEN TO THEM AND GET HITS ON WEBSITES…BBN don’t read into any of this BS unless it come from Wiggins himself or a famliy member.

7. Wall2Cousins
    11:45 am May 13, 2013 Permalink

This includes Matt Jones and his so called sources from Tweeters who make themselves somewhat credible to get others to believe in what they say,then end up looking likes fools when all said and done.

8. Boogie
    11:47 am May 13, 2013 Permalink

He won’t be wearing Adidas at Kansas. Won’t want to loss half his games at Florida state. Doesn’t want to live in Jordan’s shadow with the pressure all on his shoulders at UNC. We don’t need out incoming freshman to recruit him. He either wants to play here or he doesn’t.

9. Big Blue Coming At You
    11:50 am May 13, 2013 Permalink

Agree with #6. These guys don’t have a clue about Wiggins. Especially the one saying that he doesn’t think our recruits have done a good job recruiting Wiggins. That’s just plain stupid. These guys will be proven wrong once again tomorrow.

10. JEREMY
    11:54 am May 13, 2013 Permalink

Throughout the ENTIRE Wiggins recruitment all the recruiting analyst said that Wiggins hated the pressure that came with the recruitment and how he hated the media part of it. The so called experts always made it seem like any of our recruits making pitches to him would be a bad thing and he wants the space to make that decision. Now a day before the announcement they are saying that the lack of our recruits making pitches to him is the reason why they don’t think he’s coming to UK? Seem kinda fishy to anyone else?

11. Musehobo
    11:58 am May 13, 2013 Permalink

Oh my goodness! How did I miss this? UK#9 posted that article, and as I read it, they were talking about how Wiggins says what everybody wants to hear, and how he was prepared for everything that he is asked.

Then they reference the “greatest team ever, no one would stop us” comment (on coming to UK). My heart sank. Until…

“All those reporters ask the same boring questions,” Wiggins said. “I already know how to answer anything they say because it’s all the same worded differently. It’s boring, so I have to make it fun.”

Like last week, when he said that Kentucky would “win it all” if he decided to go there.

“I knew they would take that and run with it,” Wiggins said. “But I do think that though. I mean come on now; me, Julius (Randle), the Twins (Andrew and Aaron Harrison), James (Young), Marcus (Lee), Dakari; who’s stopping that?”

That makes me feel better.

12. big O
    11:58 am May 13, 2013 Permalink

Yeah- but all this anticipation and searching under every rock for a clue that points one way or another is excitiing! It is what makeS UK hoops the greatest show in college basketball. Just think, at most schools a player getting ready to sign his LOI would not even make the school newspaper. Here in BBN country we want to know if the player goes to Wal-Mart and the real winner in all of this– KSR!

We all need to remember that although the player is a freakish athlete- he is still an 18 year old boy!
    Respect his privacy, his decision and his life! Would love to see him in Lexington where he would hear us all yell- GO BIG BLUE!!!!

13. Steve Fitts
    12:04 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Last year, Shabazz Muhammad was “the big one that got away.” This year, Wiggins is going to be “the big one that got away.” I’m sensing FSU!

14. average fan
    12:05 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I wonder what true relationship is between Wiggins and UK’s current commits? That has to have some impact on his decision.

15. BBNinCajunLand
    12:08 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

If the kid wants to win and challenge himself daily then he cones to UK. If he wants to be the savior he doesn’t. Simple. His decision, be the best and lose, or play with the best and win.

16. kybigblue
    12:12 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

If it is family ties it could be either FSU or Kansas. Playing at Kansas he would be just over a couple of hours from his brother which would make it easier for his parents to see them play. If he wants a title it would be UK or UNC.

17. Rae
    12:12 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

14. He would have been ineligible at UK anyway.

18. SexnNursinHomes
    12:17 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

16- Yeah, he won’t be the man at FSU. It’s hard to be the “man” when you got 3 defenders in your face at any given second.

18- bingo

19. SeoulCat
    12:21 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Calm down, people. He said he wants to win big. He said he wants to win a national championship. He said he wants to get ready for the NBA. He knows that this won’t happen at FSU. They are out of the mix. The smart money is on Kentucky.

20. TheDecker
    12:22 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I think it’s funny how many time these recruiting analysts are wrong on their predictions. How many times can you be wrong in this industry before you lose credibility?

21. ice
    12:27 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I’d say it’s not looking good for us. By virtue of the fact that he has gone to such great lengths to maintain privacy and low profile I would think that UK would be the last place he’d go. What really sucks about this is not that he isn’t coming but that this has all taken our attention from the guys we have coming in. It’s pretty amazing that without the best player in the class that we could be the best recruiting class of all time. I, like most in every fan base in the running, am exasperated with this guy. Ready to move on.

22. Mike
    12:31 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

How many times has Matt changed his mind already? All you have to do is change it 3 times and then you can say” I TOLD YOU SO” Lol

23. ajh
    12:38 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

it amazes me how confident u guys are that hes gonna be a cat. you guys are clueless

24. Bobbum man
    12:39 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

People…. NO ONE KNOWS I don’t care what your sisters husband who’s friends with so and so told you…. There’s 4 schools anyone can pick one of four and act like they have some reason for picking, they don’t, it’s all speculation and we will not know until Tuesday so save ur stories on who u know and how u know where he’s going

25. SexnNursinHomes
    12:40 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

24- Amazes me that you are amazed by that.

26. mike
    12:43 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Hes going to get a hell of alot of attention where ever he goes so there no hiding the fact that he doesnt like it he’ll just have to deal with it the best he can. That being said heres the layout parents want him at fsu no doubt, if he wants to become the best he possibly can before he goes to he nba train with the best on his game, possibly win a championship and be apart of the best college team in history he comes to us in UK . Hes gonna be a great player no matter where he goes so just respect his decision.

27. ajh
    12:44 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

need to start showing our current guys more love. they want to be at kentucky. they didnt have to weigh food and weather into their options either.

28. jus sayin
    12:45 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

He’s not going to UK the best we can do is hope that he picks FSU because UNC and Kansas would be contenders with him on their roster.

29. RealCatsFan
    12:49 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

14, ever consider that what happened with Shabazz dropping his NBA stock considerably at UCLA might have some bearing on A.W.’s decision and move him towards UK?

30. E-Town Cat
    12:57 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

(Remember http://www.usatodayhss.com/news/article/andrew-wiggins-adapts-to-attention-as-college-decision-nears)

—–
    That and being prepared for the NBA, which Wiggins says is the primary goal for his year-long stint in college.

“And winning,” Wiggins said. “Coach (John) Calipari said we’d win games by a lot if I came to Kentucky because no one could play help defense. I love that because I love to dominate. Who doesn’t like to win by a lot? But I have to be prepared for the league. I’m really focused on that. Just gotta figure out where that preparation will happen.”

31. bigabes4uk
    1:09 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Here’s the most telling quote from that article IMO:

As Wiggins gets up to leave following an interview that has lasted more than an hour, he picks up his black McDonald’s All American backpack and pauses suddenly as if he’s forgotten something.

He smiles. Silence. Blank stare. Hesitation.

“But I just want to end by saying that I love all the schools,” Wiggins says matter-of-factly. “They’re all the same. At the end of the day, I just wanna play ball, man. I just wanna win at all costs. I wanna win a lot next year.”

32. bigabes4uk
    1:10 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

That sound like FSU??? Yea- didn’t think so

33. Bobbum man
    1:27 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

29- source? Oh you don’t have one? Then shut up

34. Bluemania
    1:45 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Some of u guys are freaking out again!! Take a deep breath, and just calm down guys!! He’s coming to UK!! No sources, no inside scoop, or anything like that! Just trying to use common horse sense! Where will he be able to practice everyday against future NBA players like himself to help get him ready for the next level? Where is the ONLY place he can be a part of the greatest and best recruiting class of all time? Where else can he go and pretty well be a lock for a National Championship (baring nothing bad happens, like a key player getting injured)? KENTUCKY, if u haddened guessed it by now, DUH!! Being coached by Cal is a great plus too, considering the quality players he has already helped get to the NBA!! I’m pretty sure that he’s interested more in getting better day in, and day out, than being the MAN at any program!! From what I’ve seen in the three classics, that he’s more of a team player anyway!! So all of u guys that’s getting nervous and uptight, u can settle down! He’s going to be a Wildcat come tomorrow! Common sense sorta suggest that!! Go Big Blue!!