Going to College Station? Perry Stevenson has a mission for you

Are you going to the Kentucky/Texas A&M game in College Station on Saturday? Billy Gillispie is, and Perry Stevenson has a mission for you

Think Papa Brooks will lend us some tomatoes?

29 Comments for Going to College Station? Perry Stevenson has a mission for you

1. Billy Clyde
    12:09 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Perry, I should have locked you in the toilet!!

2. daddy
    12:13 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

is that picture photoshopped? his face looks like it was placed there

3. Marshall Henderson
    12:15 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

I’ll be happy to throw some ice at him…

4. bluebiscuit
    12:17 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Difficult to find good tomatoes this time of year. How about cans of tomatoes? That would make a real impression on Billy.

5. bloobloodcat
    12:17 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Heck no! I want to shake his hand. Without his massive failure as our coach, I don’t think the administration would have had a fire under them strong enough to hire Cal. I think our one night stand with Billy Clyde is a direct cause of us deciding once and for all to only date MENSA beauty queens. So, THANK YOU BCG!!! Without you, we might still be looking to hook up with other lower grade coaches after they turn the lights on at last call.

6. Reality Check
    12:21 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Love me some Perry Stevenson! Hilarious!

7. ThatsAShame
    12:26 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Without BCG we may not have been in the NIT and Perry would not have had the best highlight of his career.

8. slimflannery
    12:29 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Is Perry tweeting from overseas somewhere? I’m curious how his tweet has a time stamp of 4:06pm today while it is still before 1pm. Obviously, I don’t have a twitter acct or I would already know the answer.

9. Oogie
    12:31 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Note to the BBN fringe: Perry is joking. Mostly.

10. Classic Stuff
    12:32 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Yes, I have always liked Perry Stevenson…. #7 Perry’s tweet qualifies as one of his best highlights!

11. Bluebloodtoo
    12:47 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

This seems like a very bad move on the part of BCG AND the Tex A/M coach to invite him. I can’t see anything useful coming out of this. BCG better use the tunnels to move about the arena….

12. Spenser
    12:49 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

@5…I like your logic

13. Craig McKinney
    12:55 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

More like a sack of empty Old Milwaukee’s Best cans (or full).

14. Kellogg's
    1:30 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Throw some Pop Tarts !

15. bluecreeker
    1:45 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Look fellas…..I can’t be too hard on BCG because I seriously think he has a stress related mental disorder…..in all seriousness. Why else would A&M “bury the hatchet” so quickly. As well, anybody of sound mind would not have been fired at UK, taken the A&M job and made the same mistakes if not for some sort of imbalance between the ears.

Even though he was a disaster….he was still ours and I wish him the best. Seems like a pretty good guy, with some serious issues.

16. HeshimuEvans'2ndGradeTeacher
    1:53 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

#15 – Something’s wrong with your timeline, bro

17. the ghost of Bill Hicks
    2:02 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Has Perry ever done a podcast about his time with Drunk Billy Cylde? I’d pay money to have that.

18. Timeline
    2:02 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

A&m to UK then he had another meltdown after Texas tech hired him. He did not go from UK to a&m.

19. bluecreeker
    2:03 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

#16 – Yes you are correct. Timeline was right, schools were a bit mixed up. Thanks for the assist.

He is still a bit tiched I think.

20. John Ellis
    2:21 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

I say let’s get Meeks, Patterson, Bradley, Crawford, Perry, Porter, and Jorts there and see if he dares to show up. Lost in the murk is he extorted three million from UK not to coach and then blew it on a pyramid scheme. Show up dressed as Egyptians. He and Farmer ought to start a law firm.

21. CoachCal
    2:28 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

I’ll throw some of the ice cream i just pooped at him.

22. BCG'd Up
    3:07 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Everyone wear maroon and white to the arena. Then u have the perfect decoy and opportunity to launch as many objects as you’d like at this loser. Furthermore, if he has a mental issue is not the question. He started Mark Coury. How flipping awful!!!!

23. Purry
    3:23 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Wasn’t it also BCG that insisted Purry eat Pop tarts? He’s a real rocket scientist, isn’t he?

24. Marshall Harrison's roach clip
    3:54 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

17) I’d pay money to see a UFC match with Perry and Clyde.

25. 13 year old uk fan
    4:31 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

should i buy the nike platinum warm up jacket from last year, even though the championship years on the back are now outdated? Or should i just buy the regular white uk warm up jacket?

26. blade
    4:41 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

who cares. not many from BBN.

27. kingrex
    5:20 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

I think this speaks volumes for what was going on. Meeks was suffering from PTSD and was so messed up he did not even come back to play for Cal. We would have won it all that first year if he comes back. I am always stunned when Krebs, Jorts and others seem very fair in their assessment of BCG. What Stevenson Tweeted seems more along the lines of what I would expect.

28. kingrex
    5:26 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

I had posted before about an article I found years ago where someone postulated that UK had hired BCG in order to fail, so then the fanbase would be so desperate that we would be ecstatic to have Cal and not too worried about the vacated Final Fours. It was really a very interesting article and oddly I have not been able to find it since. When you are UK the most important job in the state is your basketball coach and we went and hired a guy who could not possibly have passed any sort of background check or interview process. He had an affinity for co-eds, alcohol and bi-polar behavior. Essentially this would mean we threw Meeks, Stevenson and Patterson under the bus having them as a coach. The most fascinating thing related to this story is something BCG said when leaving the floor of a game late in his tenure. Someone asked him a question and he said, it did not matter because he was “brought here to lose”. This is a stunning revelation. I admit he was not mentally healthy and for that I am sorry, but again how could UK, the gold standard of college basketball, even entertain the possibility of hiring this man? I heard stories all the way here in Atlanta from people who witnessed his behavior in Lexington. It was as though he began to fall apart almost immediately. The coach at UK needs to be an ambassador and they could not have picked a worse candidate. I feel it is absolutely true we would not have fully embraced Cal immediately after Tubby. The perception of him was tainted and was the polar opposite of Tubby. Anyone have any information on this theory?

29. Axe Cop
    9:51 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

28. Did you find that article on http://www.discounttinfoilhats.com?