Photo from UKAthletics.com
On Saturday, Patrick Patterson returned without his injured finger wrapped up like a mummy, He scored 19 points on 9-12 FGs, and he made several jumpers that just seemed not to drop since he injured his finger. My homeslice Ken Howlett at ASoB sifts through Patrick’s stats with and without his overly-wrapped digit:
* Patterson first wore his finger wrap for the game in Knoxville on January 13. Since then, he played in eight games with the finger wrapped. In those eight games Patterson was 47-91 from the field (51.6%), averaging 15.6 points per game. He also averaged 9.5 rebounds per game during that stretch.
* In the 17 games Patterson played without the appendage bandaged, he made 126 of 184 shots (68.5%), and averaged 18.9 points per game. His rebounding numbers are nearly identical, though; he averaged 9.1 rebounds per game in the 17 bandage-free games.
* Patterson scored over 18 points in only 37.5% of the games with the bandage present; in the 17 games without the bandage he went for more than 18 points a total of 10 times (58.8%).
Ken extends his analysis to other members of the team, including the most beloved Wildcat since Sheray Thomas:
* Over the last three games Harris is averaging 5.3 points per game. His previous seven games he averaged 1.6 points per game.
* Over the last three games Harris has made nine of 11 free throws (81.8%). On the year he makes them at a 64.6% clip.
* Harris has grabbed 16 rebounds over the last three games (5.3 per game). On the season he averages 3.3 per game.
* He leads the team with 11 offensive rebounds over the last three games (3.7 per game).
* Versus UT Saturday, Harris made 1-1 three-point attempt. His previous 10 games he was 0-9.
* Harris committed 39 turnovers over his first 17 games played (2.3 per game). In his last five games he’s committed only four turnovers (.8 per game).
Ken’s statistical analysis makes my post yesterday about rebounding look like a 5th Grade math essay about fractions. When a professional gets his mitts on some numbers, that’s when it really takes off. Da da dee da da-da doo!
Video contains NSFW language! Baby move your butt-butt-butt!