Patrick Sparks Takes His Game To The Ukraine

Sparks is back – back again.  Sparks is back – tell a Ukrainian.

Patrick Sparks inspires a curiosity about his whereabouts more than most former Kentucky players, and I’m not exactly sure why.  Sure enough, every couple months people will wonder aloud where he is/what he’s been up to, and sure enough a couple months after Sparks is signing a new contract with a random European team.  Never quite athletic enough to make it to the NBA, Patrick has found a way to do well enough in the more skill oriented Euro Leagues.

He is back in the Ukraine ‘Superleague,’ where he was last season before moving to play in Greece.  His return, however, puts him on a different team this go around having signed with BC Odessa this time.  In past stints in the Superleague, Sparks has done pretty well for himself averaging close to sixteen points a game.  I’m not entirely sure what makes the Ukraine league Super, but if it’s anything like I imagine, it involves circus bears for referees.

If anyone knows any way to watch one of these games, let me know.

Article written by Will Lentz

28 Comments for Patrick Sparks Takes His Game To The Ukraine

1. Big D
    8:04 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

Wow, from dad-gum Madisonville to the Ukraine. I’m bad , I’m worldwide……….

2. GoCats2
    8:07 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

I dont care if Sparks toe might have been on the line! He was fouled dammit! It should have been a four point play to win the game!

3. Big D
    8:09 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

Damn, now I’m upset, I thought I had put that one behind me. Vent brother, vent .

4. Han
    8:21 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

Odd. I was just wondering whatever happened to him.

5. Nick
    8:40 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

My Dad was in Ukraine eating at a restaurant, when he a guy in a UK hoodie sitting across from him. It just so happened to be Patrick Sparks. Still representing the BBN even form over there.

6. njCat
    8:42 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

7. SeoulCat
    8:42 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

I hear Odessa is nice. Eisenstein tells me that you should stay away from the steps, though, Patrick. Bad things happen there.

8. MattCat71
    8:44 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

He is from Central City, not Madisonville (Travis Ford). He played for Muhlenberg North in high school.

9. clay county
    8:45 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

harold wagers is a king

10. BPsycho
    8:53 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

#4 Will Lentz is climbin in your brain now, he’s snatchin your thougts up, tryna post em, so you better, plug your ears, close yo eyes, plug your ears, close yo eyes….

lol

11. SexnNursinHomes
    9:05 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

Is this place next to Prague? cuz if it is, they got a free brothel there. the catch is that you have to agree to be video taped in the act. Sounds like a nice place when you’re hobo rich. May be Sparks can go there, and make the dreams come true to all the female UK fans dying to see Sparks necked.

12. MikeInLex
    9:11 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

Some hot women there…

13. echo 1
    9:13 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

11 – Only you would know that information. You are a sick sick man, but in a good way. By the way, have you been freed yet?

14. Big D
    9:16 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

8)Drive on over here. Central City(home of the Everly Brothers)and Madisonville(home of Sonny “Don’t touch me” Collins)is a stones throw from each other. Muhlenberg County and Hopkins County boundary each other. I know where Travis and Eddie Ford are from. I will gaurantee you if Patrick tells someone where he is from he will qualify with , you know where Madisonville is ? C’mon man…………………….

15. BPsycho
    9:20 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

#8 You can drive through Central City in like 15 secs. I was hoping to see a “Home of Patrick Sparks” sign haha

16. Big D
    9:31 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

8)And a John Prine to you. “Mr. Peabody’s coal train done hauled it away”. That is some real nit picking you’re doing there. C’mon man……………..

17. Big D
    9:34 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

Kind of like saying, Oh I’m from Okolona, or, I’m from J-town. Yeah, right. Unless they are a homie, they would say I from Ughville. Man you pissed me off. C’mon man………….

18. SexnNursinHomes
    9:35 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

13- not yet man. haha, hopin for shock parole.

19. MattCat71
    10:03 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

Big D. Get over yourself.
    Central City is not Madisonville. They do not even play in the same region in high school basketball. Hell, growing up in c.c. we did not go Madisonville for anything. Did not play them.. Owensboro Senior was the big out of town game and did not have to even go their to buy booze. Central city had plenty of bootleggers and mannington was closer than Madisonville.
    In summary. Patrick Sparks is from Central City not Madisonville.

20. BukakenNursinHomes
    10:38 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

Ukrainian women have the best face targets in all of Eurasia.

21. BukakenNursinHomes
    10:39 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

18) I have given many Ukrainian women a shock.

22. SexnNursinHomes
    11:49 pm January 17, 2011 Permalink

20 – i concur.

23. Odessa
    8:31 am January 18, 2011 Permalink

Lentz, do you have a hookup in Ukraine? Where did you steal this information from?

24. Rockfield, KY
    9:33 am January 18, 2011 Permalink

I’ll end this now. Sparks is actually from TN according to some of by Muhlenburg County buddies. He didn’t move to KY until he was 10 or so, as they tell me. Chattanooga or Knoxville, something like that.

25. UKoverALL
    9:39 am January 18, 2011 Permalink

Lucky him! Some of the world’s best looking women are in Ukraine. Odessa is happening in the summer when many Ukranians head to the black sea. I hope he is not married or he won’t be for long if he was!

26. UKoverALL
    9:42 am January 18, 2011 Permalink

I am so in love with that country I will be going there in February.. who cares about the cold???

27. leegulfcoast
    10:14 am January 18, 2011 Permalink

Indeed, Central City had a “Home of Patrick Sparks” sign at the entrance to town for several years. Just recently, city leaders have erected a sign recognizing Tom Eades, NCAA b.b. referee who has officiated more than 900 games, mostly in the Missouri Valley and SEC conferences.
    #17: With local pride an admirable trait of Kentuckians (and for the entire country), a few miles does make a difference.

28. spark's home town
    1:35 pm January 18, 2011 Permalink

Sparks is actually from Central City. His mom and Dad divorced – he and his brother moved to TN. He then moved back at about 10 years old. His dad was his High School coach.