Patrick Patterson at the Barnstable Brown party

Patrick Patterson was one of the many stars in attendance at the Barnstable Brown pre-Derby party, and he took time out of his busy night of rubbing elbows with Ashton Kutcher and the guy with the deep voice from Boyz II Men to talk to Matt Jones of KSTV.

Watch as Patrick and Matt argue over who is the most important recruit in UK history.

“You would be working at K-Mart.”

Article written by Drew Franklin

15 Comments for Patrick Patterson at the Barnstable Brown party

1. Travis Ford's Jersey
    1:14 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

I think Matt is a step above working at K-Mart. He would be the door greater at Wal-Mart.

2. GoCats2
    1:15 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

That was great. Patterson and Jai Lucas did more for KSR than SexnNursinhomes did for deleted comments.

3. Deep
    1:19 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

1 & 2. Stick to just reading the posts, you both failed at humorous comments.

4. Mike McAnulty
    1:21 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

matt jones is a clown

5. Travis Ford's Jersey
    1:21 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

@3 in all fairness it was better than just saying first.

6. uknowit
    1:24 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

sixth

7. Ryan
    1:26 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

P^2 was another recruit that keep Kentucky afloat. To say top 3 in history… No chance without a title? 1. Issel 2.Davis 3.Bowie

8. TruthSetsYouFree
    1:34 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Ahem….how quickly we forget Jamal Mashburn.

9. UKBlue
    1:37 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

D’oh!

10. Brent S.
    1:39 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Matt Jones, Kmart checkout associate of the week! His only problem is with every item he tries to fit in that he went to law school. “Pencils! These are great, I used this same brand in law school!” “Khaki pants, I like these! I wore khaki pants to all my law school classes!” “Sudafed, this is good stuff! I had lots of allergies when I went to law school!”

11. warrior
    1:47 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Warrior says Mashburn most important player at UK in last 25 years.

12. WildMetsCats
    3:13 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Two different perspectives – Coming off probation and for Mashburn to still commit was able to bring UK way forward from where we had fallen…Patterson to still commit after the coaching change kept UK from falling back to that low level before Mashburn….I think we would have still made it back without Mashburn but we would have plummeted without Patterson…..my votes for Patterson #1 and Mashburn #2 !!!!

13. David Sprague
    3:26 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Love Patrick, Wall and Mashburn. Why even go there. Just be gratified they all came to Kentucky. Why do we need to analyze a list of what a team or Kentucky would be like without one player. I think it can’t help be subjective. Can’t we just agree these are all “Kentucky All-Americans.

14. We Love You Pat!
    4:03 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

The difference is the path. Even if Patterson went to Florida UK would still be where it is today. Cal would still have been hired and someone else would have had to fill Patterson’s spot in 2009. The only difference being we don’t make the tournament in 2007 which to be honest didn’t matter anyway. We were going to be bad with or without Patterson. Mashburn on the other hand set the wheels in motion for UK to dominate the 90s and helped resurrect UK from probation.

Patterson is one of my favorite players so it’s no disrespect to him. The impact between him and Mashburn is just totally different. To be honest, Patterson wouldn’t even be in the top 3. Without Mashburn UK doesn’t dominate the 90s. Without Wall UK doesn’t have that same excitement and marketability to vault it to the top of college basketball. Without Kenny Walker UK doesn’t go to the Final Four. There are more that can be named ahead of Patterson but you get the point. Patterson just made a very bad team only good enough to sneak in the tournament and even then we didn’t make it very far. The guy could only do so much with the lack of talent around him.

15. spookykim
    8:23 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Patrick is always #1 in my book. Mashburn, #2. Bowie, #3. Wall, not even close. Matt Jones’ first born needs to be called Patrick Lucas BTI Jones.