Patrick Graffree transferring to EKU

UK Football Media Day

UK defensive tackle Patrick Graffree is now EKU defensive tackle Patrick Graffree. The redshirt freshman announced today that he is transferring to Eastern Kentucky to play this fall.

Graffree was VERY excited to be a Wildcat when he signed in 2012, but Stoops is bringing in a new level of talent on the D-line so playing time wasn’t look good for the former Central Hardin Bruin.

Best of luck to the young man in Richmond.

Article written by Drew Franklin

15 Comments for Patrick Graffree transferring to EKU

1. Big Blue Earl
    11:58 am August 23, 2013 Permalink

Wish best of luck to the Kentucky native. He played a lot in the Blue/White game, but that is the one position that we are pretty solid so, I understand the need to transfer. Does anyone know if he will be able to play this season? EKU plays UofL in week 2 and I’d like to see him hit some dirty birds.

2. Chaz
    12:04 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Hoping you do well at EKU. Good school with a strong tradition.

3. Magnum's Mustache
    12:07 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Good luck Patrick. The positive aspect of this is that it allows Stoops to replace another Joker recruit with a more talented player.

4. duffus
    12:10 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Yes he will play this year! And he will be the best “in shape player” that Eastern has no doubt!!!

5. deWildcat
    12:13 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Stoops is bringing in the talent – Pat will do great at EKU – Good Luck Pat!!!!

6. What?
    12:19 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

If he is eligible to play immediately, why aren’t the Davis twins? They both redshirted last year, and transferred this year. So if he can play, why can’t they? Is it because EKU is a DII school?

7. Stoops
    12:30 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Sorry to see you go but leave the Ipad at the door on the way out!

8. Yes
    12:41 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Yes #6, because EKU is not Division 1.

9. Open your eyes
    12:49 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Shows how non up to date the media is on the events of UK football. No clue. Stay tuned for more events.
    Interesting, he’s transfering but no mention of why. Why, because the media does not know.

10. Eazy E or Eric Wright it's all the same
    1:14 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Patrick deleted his twitter as well, which I found a bit strange. I hope he doesn’t feel like backlash is coming his way or is embarrassed about making the decision to transfer to EKU. I think I speak for most of BBN in saying we wish him nothing but great things in Richmond. Pat had high expectations for himself and was always proud to wear the blue and white. I felt like he would’ve pushed for playing time next season after two years of transforming his body in Korem’s High Performance Program.

11. I Say
    1:18 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

EKU will be a much better fit for him. Im not putting him down but I played against him in high school and he was overrated. I was shocked when I heard Joker offered him. But thats what Joker liked to do, find kids who look like football players that didnt quite have the best skill set and then try and turn them into Division 1/SEC caliber atheletes

12. Bill
    1:23 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

Being only a RS Freshman, I wish he would have stayed. You can’t have too many big DTs. I think he could have been a contributor in another year or two, which is what you want with your DTs. Bring them in, RS and develop them for a couple of years. I guess the opportunity for immediate playing time persuaded him to transfer. Good luck to him at EKU.

13. UK2K
    1:52 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

10. False, Im reading his twitter account right now @patgraffree

14. goUKats
    2:12 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

# 11,you hit the nail squarely on the head.

15. Georgia Blue
    2:38 pm August 23, 2013 Permalink

EKU is a D1-AA school which is now called FCS . He can transfer and play this Fall because he is playing down and he hasn’t enroll for the fall semester at Kentucky .