Part Two of Mitch Barnhart’s Interview with KSTV

On Monday, we posted part one of Matt’s exclusive interview with Mitch Barnhart for KSTV. Today, you get part two.

Watch as Matt and Mitch discuss John Calipari’s future in Lexington, basketball scheduling, and a little more about football. I can assure you this is as open as you’ll see Barnhart in any interview.

Enjoy.

Article written by Drew Franklin

18 Comments for Part Two of Mitch Barnhart’s Interview with KSTV

1. kk
    1:45 pm May 16, 2012 Permalink

At least we can actually hear it this time…

2. TampaCat
    1:51 pm May 16, 2012 Permalink

Nice Conversations Matt! It’s nice to hear Mitch’s thoughts and feelings about the subject matters that were discussed. My question would be, why are we not always saving a fund to upgrade our arena’s and stadiums?

3. Duke sucks
    2:08 pm May 16, 2012 Permalink

With the budget the way it is in the state people need to ease off Barnhart a little. I think he has done a absolutely spot on job here. He readly admits his mistakes like Gilispie. Manned up and fixed the problem quickly. He was in a spot were he had to hire Joker and needs to at least give him a chance to prove his self. I think he has made it clear if Joker doesn’t win this year he’s gone. That he’s has given him 3 years is fair for all involved.

4. Justin Yeary
    2:46 pm May 16, 2012 Permalink

Great interviews, I think he is really in touch with the fan base and he wants UK to be the best in everything. I never knew anything about the bonding issue until Mitch brought it up, you can tell by watching the interview with him its a main goal of his to make UK football competitive. I think fans need to back off of Mitch and show more support for him.

5. BIGBLUEFORLIFE
    2:48 pm May 16, 2012 Permalink

Great interview

6. Seneca
    2:48 pm May 16, 2012 Permalink

Great job Matt. Thanks for KSR, I can’t get CN2

7. JC
    2:48 pm May 16, 2012 Permalink

Matt, Great interview. I think Mr. Barnhart has done a yoemans type work at UK. Cap Cup in play. At kentucky, really, i donot think any AD has done a better job at a university than he has over the last 4 or 5 years. Thank you Matt for a great interview and to Mr. Barnhart a big THANK YOU from this big to the blue heart fan.

8. jaws2
    2:50 pm May 16, 2012 Permalink

Great job? He killed us with Gillispie, and he’s killing us with Joker. He showed weakness when he was cornered into making Joker the ‘head coach in waiting’. Yep, great job with our top two revenue sports. Paallleeeeeeeeazzeeee!

9. RYNO
    2:53 pm May 16, 2012 Permalink

Ahhhh..cmon Drew! Why’d you delete my “Matt got pwned” comment? It was just a joke! If you’re deleting those, you’ve got some work to do on the show thread comment section.

10. Bob Day
    2:53 pm May 16, 2012 Permalink

Maybe it’s just me, but I’m thinkin’, Mitch + cowboy hat = Roy Rogers. BTW, whose conference room/office is it that has “The Bell Curve” on the bookshelf?

11. todd
    2:54 pm May 16, 2012 Permalink

i love it when Mitch talks football and screws it up, first Neloms played Safety last year playing corner this year and Cobble doesnt play def tackle he plays nose guard, Mitch knows very little about football, and the more he talk about it the more it shows. as long Barnhart here its very unlikely UK will every improve

12. Did todd say that?
    3:20 pm May 16, 2012 Permalink

#11 — UK plays a 3/4 defense with a 3 man front? Did I miss that? I’m thinking we had 4 down linemen last year which did make Cobble a DT. Guess that’s why they list Cobble as Defensive Tackle on UK Athletics.com FB roster….

13. Duke sucks
    3:57 pm May 16, 2012 Permalink

#8 HE killed us with Gillispie. Yea Gillispie hurt but Barnhart was quick to catch his mistake own up to it and fix it. Most ad’s would have placed the blame elsewhere. Showed weakness when hiring Joker.Are you in touch? Joker was a hot name at that time hell he was commended nationally for the commitment to football and integration. Joker has failed not Barnhart. The AD has given Joker all the reasorces he needs to be successful.#11 You might have missed it but UK enjoyed its longest bowl streak under Barnhart so your words carry no wait to begin with.

14. hawkeye
    4:06 pm May 16, 2012 Permalink

Why does Mitch have them stage 2 of the same book behind him on the shelf.

15. RYNO
    4:20 pm May 16, 2012 Permalink

10) Nice catch- Wow, and two copies of it to boot. For those who don’t know, “The Bell Curve” is pretty controversial book. It attempts to link intelligence (measured by IQ scores) to life outcomes. It correlates IQ/AFQT scores with the likelihood of becoming for instance, a chronic welfare recipient, a high school dropout, having illegitimate children, etc. The most controversial part is about race (of course). The author of the book took the position that African and Latin Americans are genetically predisposed to have lower IQ’s and that immigration policy is diminishing the overall intellegence of the country. Not only that, but women also have lower IQ’s on average, and men with 125+ IQ’s outnumber women 2:1.

So it’s probably not exactly a book you want two copies of on your bookshelf during an interview, but who knows. Maybe they were a present.

16. jaws2
    4:45 pm May 16, 2012 Permalink

#13 Duke sucks; So he corrected the mistake ONLY after his obvious drinking problems were revealed and it became obvious that the job was WAY to big for him, so that makes a good job by Barnhart? Yes I’m in touch, I knew NO ONE that thought Joker was effective as Offensive Coordinator. What led you to believe he’d be a good Head Coach? Integration my arse! PaLeeeeezzzeee! I want a WINNER in UK football, PC race crap should have NOTHING to do with it.

17. Duke sucks
    6:01 pm May 16, 2012 Permalink

#16 Your clueless. Joker just lead UK to some of Thier best offensive seasons baring the Tim Coach air raid year. I guess you forgot about guys like Woodson and Burton. Joker was the one who moved Tamme from sparsely used receiver to tight end. So you and the “people you talk to are clueless.” I don’t think Joker is getting the job done either but to say he didn’t earn the chance is crazy. You seem to forget UK isn’t exactly a top job. Just who do you recommended we get. Remember we aren’t USC or Alababama not to many top coaches are beating down the door

18. Scratch
    9:36 am May 17, 2012 Permalink

You would think if they are going to have close up shots at the back of Matt’s head, he would’ve at least got some sort of fade or UK logo carved back there…