Over 16,000 tickets distributed for spring game thus far

According to a KSR source, over 16,000 tickets have been distributed for the Spring Game thus far. For perspective, only 4,500 people attended the Spring Game last year.

If you missed it earlier, CLICK HERE to go get your seat for your first look at the Mark Stoops Era, and use the promo code LOYALTY.

Mark Stoops wants more:

32 Comments for Over 16,000 tickets distributed for spring game thus far

1. UK Freshmen
    12:18 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Wow. On the way to a sell-out, obviously. And a likely SEC Championship!

2. Coach Jamin
    12:18 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

bought mine about an hour ago. looking forward to this. I can’t believe the amount of excitement surrounding the football program right now. I’ve waited 20 years for something like this. Maybe we should be proactive and go ahead and give Stoops a Cadillac to put the curse to bed?

3. Muke
    12:32 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

We need to get the Spring Game on regional television, too! Give future recruits something to see and get the fan base even more pumped up.

4. Joey
    12:34 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Anyone else get the forbidden screen when trying to grab tickets?

5. sam
    12:40 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Im there.

6. 53blue
    12:52 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Got mine fist time to see a college football practices- game go stoooooooops

7. Big Cat Daddy
    12:54 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

its amazing how much more astute UK has been in marketing UK football since the Stoops hire

8. Gandalf the Blue
    12:57 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Bought my tickets. Last time I went to the spring game was before the 2009 season. All twenty of us fans that were there know how miserable and sad it was that day.

9. Good luck getting tickets
    12:59 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

#4, call ticketmaster and enjoy the ordering process. Frustrating, but you will get tickets that way. Would have been real nice to give current season ticket holders their season seats. Today was for season ticket holders only, but obviously per KSR giving out the promoition code, that ain’t happening.

10. HoptownsBeast
    1:01 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

How handicap accessable is Commonwealth? I know all facilities are handicap equipped, but some are just minimal. Only football game I’ve been fortunate enough to attend was Music City Bowl vs FSU & really want to go this year.

11. HoptownsBeast
    1:03 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

I only got to go to bowl game because my best friend took me

12. UK bound for spring game
    1:09 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

16,000 divided by 8 tickets per each order. So far, 2000 fans have all of the good seats and anyone else is now heading for end zones. Not sure if this was a great idea. Suppose it rains. People are hoarding tickets. How many no shows will there be should it rain. Your season ticket holders aren’t going to get their good seat, so will they show? This should have been thought through more. My opinion. I there rain or shine, but I don’t think this was thought out.

13. Ben
    1:09 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Thanks KSR for letting us non-season ticket holders and non-students, try that promo code. I got five tickets online at Ticketmaster this morning. I cannot wait for football season to be here!

14. MustangCat
    1:15 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Just read a lengthy post on UL’s main blog site. They are discussing the Stoops effect. Calling it smoke and mirrors. Talking about all the recruits following our pied piper to Lexington!!! How that we are battling the likes of ALA, and FLO, and LSU, and winning our share! How that the bubble will burst soon?!?!? lol. There is A LOT of fear over there. They are challenging his record for sending players to the NFL?! His ability to “coach up” these recruits once they get here…. in other words, making concessions NOW! Even taking shots likening him to Cal, and cheating?!?! enjoyed every ridiculous minute of it. Go Stoops. Go UK.

15. Sin The'
    1:16 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

I was able to get 400 tickets on the 50 yard line lower level. I’ll probably sell some because I don’t really need 400 I just got caught up in the frenzy. I love free stuff.

16. WhatThe...
    1:20 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

12 why would you assume everyone got 8? I only got 3 because that’s all I needed. Why would I get 5 extra? I’m not interested in handing them out to those who were too lazy or incompetent to do it themselves.

17. Honky Kong
    1:24 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

That’s more people than were at the Vandy game……
    GO CATS !! AIR RAID 2013 !!!

18. BigBlue
    1:30 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

I hope people are not reserving tickets that they have no intention of using.

19. LT
    1:30 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

@12.Just between you and me…I bet if there are a bunch of no shows, you can just scoot up a little. I wont’ tell if you don’t.

20. Blue white blue fan
    1:31 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Salute to our legends of Kentucky sports, Larry Vaught and Tom Leach. You won’t see them blurting out a password. They are the legends of UK, the Caywoods of our times. Thank you gentlemen that you give to loyal UK fans who have supported UK football and have early awaited this coming season!

21. Cry babies
    1:41 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Hey season ticket holders, there will be plenty of room for everyone to see the PRACTICE. Lighten up, it’s PRACTICE… Just be glad you will have company at this years PRACTICE, I was there last year and it was embarrasing. Thanks for bringing football back Coach Stoops!!

22. ThanksKSR
    1:41 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Salute to you, KSR, for that password. Last year was the first year since 2000 that I didn’t renew my football season tickets. And for 6 years I’ve bought season tickets to UK Hoops, and 3 years now I have bought season tix to baseball. So suck it, #20, I feel like I deserve that code for all the money I’ve spent thru the years on UK athletics.

23. LT
    1:42 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

I can’t beleive some of you people are actually whining about the password being given out. So what if your aren’t sitting in your usual seat. In the immortal words of Allen Iverson,”we talkin about practice” Just be excited that our fan base might actually be growing. The fact that Matt gave out the password might have even encouraged more people who were on the fence or not interested in going to go ahead and commit. It’s more important to build momentum for this program and show BBN is not only a basketball thing than it is to make sure your sitting in the front row for a meaningless game. Just my humble opinion.

24. CPACAT
    1:47 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

In response to “UK Freshman” and his/her obviously snarky comment; an equally snarky response:

Tickets will be on sale for a total of approximately 44.833 days. Mathematically, at the rate of 16,000 tickets sold in 0.5 days, the projected ticket sales should be approximately 1,434,666, or approximately 21 Commonwealth Stadium sellouts.

It’s all in the numbers! GO CATS!

25. UKfanNKY
    1:48 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

Can’t wait lets fill Commonwealth BBN GO CATS!!!

26. jt
    2:04 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

I live almost to Tennessee I just bought my tickets ill drive 200 miles to watch practice!

27. smiffinator
    2:49 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

I don’t know if some of you have actually been to UK football game or not. But the fact eing that it is not very hard to get a good seat in Commonwealth. Even when the team was at the peak of the Brooks era more likely than not you could always find a bunch of empty seats down around center field. Also given the fact that this is a practice, I do not believe this is going to be sell out like UK and UL when Stevie got loose!! So, please, for once people stop complaining like a bunch of little kids about seating and enjoy the enthusiasm about spring practice!! I have never heard this much excitement about UK football in years!!

28. JB95Jeep
    2:56 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

It was an opportunity for the Season Ticket Holders to get a good seat reserved for this event for being loyal fans. KSR just pissed all over that small reward by giving the passcode out to the general public. Everyone else would have gotten tickets anyway, but by giving out this code, every bandwagon fan jumped online and got their maximum 8 tickets. Probably most won’t use them anyway. Just bad form by KSR.

29. bloodthorne26
    3:18 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

I got my four tickets. My children and I will be in the stands weather you people want us there or not. So #[email protected] off. Thank you KSR.

30. CatomicBomb
    3:42 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

What makes a fan “more loyal” if they have season tix? Just because you have more money than those that can’t afford them? Bah, whatever… it should have been done on a first come first serve basis. Where were YOU LOYAL fans last year? I was there… along with maybe 3k others… far below season ticket sales…. so I don’t want to here it. THANK YOU KSR! LoL

31. Bluieville (not the poser)
    3:49 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

#10 Commonwealth has great accessible areas right behind the top row of each end zone. A walkway goes all around the stadium, between the lower and upper level. Handicapped wheelchair spaces are on that walkway, right behind the top row of each end zone. There are elevators located at each end, as soon as you enter the end zone stadium gates. See you there! GO CATS!

32. Tampa Satchel
    9:06 pm February 28, 2013 Permalink

This practice might outsell a few of last year’s games. Damn, that’s impressive.