We’re just hours away from the NBA Draft and, as anticipation builds for a KSR live blog, the question of “Where will Jodie go?” is becoming the hottest topic on the internet (or at least at this Gator v. Wildcat office). As we’ve documented numerous times, Meeks and his family feel there is a good shot of being a first round pick and rumors started to swirl last week of a guaranteed contract regardless of where he’s selected. Today, the 2009 NBA Draft continues to be as clear as Craterface Coburn’s complexion and Jodie’s stock rating is as uncertain as it was the day he walked out of that locker room in South Bend.
Here is the latest on what the internets have to say:
– Pro Basketball News (I prefer my PBN to finish with a “J”) says the 76ers are considering Jodie at 17th overall
– The Philadelphia Daily News writes that Meeks is in a group the Sixers are considering at 17
– The Miami Sun-Sentinel says Jodie might be the most underrated player in the draft and a player the Heat could consider as they look for first-round value in the second round.
– Utah’s Deseret News says that Meeks could be in consideration for the Jazz at #20
– The official site of the Detroit Pistons lists Meeks as a player they could pursue in the second round (don’t even bother clicking, it’s just one line at the end)
– The hometown paper writes that Jodie is excited to be one step closer to his NBA dream tonight
– Meeks could be a diamond in the rough for the Celtics at #58
– The LA Times rates Meeks as the 40th best prospect in the draft
Here is an interview with Jodie following his Jazz workout this week:
So what does this all mean to us, the UK fans? It means you better strap in tight to your seat this evening when you saddle up to the KSR live blog. It’s going to be wild, fast-paced and it might even make your head hurt in the morning. I’m excited about every NBA Draft but the uncertainty of this one from top to bottom should make it must-see TV.