Opening line for UK vs. UGA is out

“Excuse me, good sir. I’d like to wager everything on the Bulldogs please. I’ll give the points.”

The opening like for the upcoming Kentucky football game against Georgia hit Vegas today. And it isn’t pretty…

According to the books, the official line slates UK as a 27 point underdog to the Bulldogs. That is just under 4 touchdowns, ladies and gentlemen.

Article written by Chris Thomas

42 Comments for Opening line for UK vs. UGA is out

1. jetblue
    5:32 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

The scary thing is UK has yet to beat the spread all season. It gon be ugly.

2. tankercat
    5:39 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

Kentucky vs Ditka ? Ditka 48-3

3. Pete Rose
    5:40 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

Georgia will slaughter UK! 27 won’t come close to being enough.

4. Jim
    5:40 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

Heck, I would even bet on the “Bye” team to beat UK on November 10th.

5. PsychOfMSE
    5:44 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

Easy money.

6. Isucc in Long Beach
    5:53 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

Any news about the rumor going around that Joker and Mitch had a meeting this afternoon?

7. I hate joker
    5:54 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

I hope we lose by 80…… That’s Saturdays game and the rest on the schedule. I want there to be no doubt that the JOKE of a coach and coaching staff are thrown out on the streets. Hell, ill be rooting against us for that reason.

8. LexiMan
    5:59 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

When is Mitch going to understand it?
    Either replace Joker, or you both get pink slips and we hire two not one ?
    Just saying…….

9. RG
    6:03 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

The rumor is that Joker and Mitch were meeting at 3:00 this afternoon. Hopefully they are working on an exit strategy and agreement.

10. My Blue Heaven
    6:06 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

It’s darkest before the dawn. I said during the ‘Billy G’ era that it was the worst basketball team I could remember….I can pretty much say the same thing about this football team…..

11. Dude
    6:09 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

What did you think it was going to be? Arkansas just beat them in less than 3 quarters by 42. The line should be about 35

12. ChairmanRowe
    6:12 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

#2– You sir have won the internet for today.

13. Steve Fitts
    6:13 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

The opening LIKE? Shouldn’t that be the opening LINE? Chris, please proofread your posts before hitting that “send” button! Spellcheck alone won’t suffice if the mistake happens to be a real word!

14. Opti
    6:14 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

They were discussing a three year extension.

15. Lonnie
    6:16 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

Maybe a big thunderstorm will pop up and save us again….or the team will get hungry in the third quarter and call the game….either way one will work…

16. DB11
    6:18 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

#Rise

17. Japrick
    6:27 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

In Joker’s defense, it’d be hard for any coach to win with the injuries this team has had.

18. but, but
    6:28 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

Georgia’s coach is a good Christian man – he will probably take it easy on ‘the joke’ and the Cats. However, his 3rd and 4th string players will not get the message and will probably put 28 on us themselves.

We should just forfeit the rest of the games – sure we’ll catch some tv hell at first, but its better to get it over with early. Why get any more kids hurt? Bring in Petrino (who 95% of the fans want) and let him practice with the guys for 2 months. Give us a head start on next season – so the players that stay will know a little about the system.

19. BBN
    6:29 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

We should just forfeit the rest of the games – sure we’ll catch some tv hell at first, but its better to get it over with early. Why get any more kids hurt? Bring in Petrino (who 95% of the fans want) and let him practice with the guys for 2 months. Give us a head start on next season – so the players that stay will know a little about the system…

20. Mike
    6:31 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

It pisses me off that Joker still with the program.

21. oops
    6:31 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

So nice, I said it twice (#18 / #19).

22. Rhea Alist
    6:33 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

Joker is a nice guy.
    Always will be.
    Loyal too.
    He had his chance.

I vehemently dislike Donald Trump.
    Invariably, on his show, he fires the Project Manager.
    In any leadership position, you have to have plan A, B, C. In ANY business.
    There is NEVER Hope in a project plan.
    Joker had a project.
    The plan failed.
    He did not execute.

Joker: You’re fired.

23. Lipset
    6:33 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

17) in your defense….stuf

24. CatGrad7072
    6:42 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

27 points should hold up for about the first five UGA possessions. I’m being optimistic and hoping for one stop before we are physically destroyed.

25. Slaughter rule
    6:57 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

Geez….if this pathetic joke of a D1 football team had the slaughter rule invoked against Arkansas (and even though all of you have a collective IQ of 2 you know it’s true), just imagine what GA will do. Good thing Louisville pitied you all so much they took out their QB in the second half or it would have been worse than Arkansas.

Cayuts! If only you paid football players like you do basketball players. UK200K foe Davis!

26. Rixter
    7:07 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

Would it be appropriate to start referring to Joker as our ‘ex-coach in waiting’?

27. Slaughter Ruler
    7:11 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

@25, as Popeye states: Blow me.

Down.

BTW, enjoy Strong ‘lil bro.

He’s soon to depart (uavel is/was/always-will be a steppin’ stone….forever, ad in finitum).

Simply stated: “Axe” ….Lee Corso.

28. Rixter
    7:13 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

I hope the meeting went something like this:
    Joker knocks on the door
    Mitch: who is it?
    Joker: Coach Phillips
    Mitch: your fired, come on in.
    Joker: I’m sorry, I didn’t hear what you said
    Mitch: Your fired, can I get you something to drink?
    Mitch: Oh, did I mention that you’re fired?

29. Mike
    7:33 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

The whole world now knows that Joker Phillips is NOT a head coach. He doesn’t even have established credentials to show that he would even be a decent assistant coach. Possible the only mistake that Rich Brooks made during his tenure was to annoint Joker as CIW. I am sure he greately regrets this decision now because it has tarnished his legacy, but what in the world is taking so long for Barney and the rest of his power brokers to recognize this and make the long overdue changes. This will always be a blemish on Barney’s legacy as well.

30. 3rdand9
    7:37 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

UGA’s Gurley will look like a Heisman candidate and Murray will look like Peyton next Saturday. Heck, Joker and staff made Arkansaa look like a top 5 team yesterday. Arkansas literally went from dumpster fire to smelling like roses in 40 minutes of football.

31. Rixter
    7:39 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

Brooks hasn’t tarnished his legacy, in fact Brooks looks that much better the worse that Joker does. Now that I think about it.. maybe that was his evil plan all along….. diabolical!

32. Eli Capilouto
    7:46 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

KENTUCKY Football has zero chance while I, Eli Capilouto, from Alabama, am at the helm.

While I am King, OVER you poor bastiges…

BAMA rules….

33. Eli Capilouto
    7:46 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

I am a dentist.

34. Eli Capilouto
    7:59 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

As A BAMA born bastige, I have latent love for Awe BURN!

4 CRIES sakes…..& this IS WHAT I am accomplishing at your piss poor esquella (allow all illegal mexicans to be born and study at UaKay)….

LOVE ME!!! BITCHES!!!!

35. Eli Capilouto
    8:08 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

I WILL DESTROY Your program.

You cannot spell ELI ….without an : I

“I” will, and have done a good job already: E LIE as ELI
    my job is tro DESTROY football at UofK.

Chumps!

36. barn
    8:39 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

so uga gets 2 buy weeks in a row

37. Catlogic15
    10:00 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

Someone please answer. I’m on a fishing trip with limited access. QUESTION: Did in fact the officials call the game on their own or were they asked to call the game by Mitch/Joker. Last night it was not clear. Thanks.

38. Joker Phillips
    10:10 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

Joker, “Taxi!!!!.”

39. Jimi
    10:37 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

!!!!!!!!!!!!!RISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

….up from your seats…..

40. vikes
    11:23 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

our secondary has more holes than an orgy of bull dikes

41. sonsofanarchy
    11:25 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

Everyone calm down on why the spread isnt more. This is the spread for the first quarter. They will release tyhe other 3 quarters later this week.
    That is how pathetic we have become. If any UK fan still even remotely thinks Joker should stay, you need to put a paper sack over your head and pull it tight until everything goes dark. And yes I know UK football has always been bad. With Brooks we got to see one extra game a year. Now its back to Tennesse being our bowl game. Forfiet the rest of the year and save the money it costs to travel and put that toward the salary for a better coach

42. calfan2
    11:54 pm October 14, 2012 Permalink

#37– it was the weather, thunder storms and lightning. God saved us.