– Coach Stoops has his fair share of expectations for Saturday’s Blue/White game. Not all of them will probably be met, but he will be satisfied as long as he sees ‘good football’. “I just want to see good football on either side of the ball. I just want to see good competition, good effort, good execution, and make good plays. I don’t want one side of the ball to be successful because the other side isn’t playing the right way.”
– After spending a month with his team every day Coach Stoops is most pleased with his team’s overall attitude, “It’s not where we want it to be, but I see the improvement. I see them doing things right, I see their attitude being good, and their effort, that’s what I’m most pleased about.”
– Stoops said there is still a possibility that they could add another LB or WR, most likely a JUCO player, to the Class of 2013.
– Josh Clemons arrived on campus two years ago to be a bruising, power back for Joker/Randy Sanders’ Pro-Style system. Since being hampered with a meniscus injury that has sidelined him for about a year and a half, Clemons was excited to make improvements in his first ever Spring Practice. Whatever is necessary for Clemons to see the field, he is willing to do. “Coach Brown came to me before Spring ball and said that I needed to improve on detailed routes, something I really hadn’t done before. I think my route running has improved the most this [Spring] season.”
– A shared sentiment for all of the player’s is the excitement of playing in front of the fans Saturday. The player’s feel at home and want to put on a great show for the fan base. Patrick Towles said, “It’s not the same as last year, there’s a certain warmth from the fans that makes it that much more exciting for us.” Last year was an embarrassing time for players around campus; now they are walking with their heads high around campus, something Coach Stoops promised when he was introduced as the head coach. Be proud of yourself #BBN! You’ve given the players a new energy, and now they are ready to take it to the field.
I’ll be on my grind all week, getting you ready for Saturday’s game @RoushKSR