Only 13,000 tickets have been distributed for GameDay

Like it or not, College GameDay is coming to town on Saturday. Tickets became available for the event this past Wednesday, and so far, the malaise in the fan base has carried over. According to Les Johns of the Kentucky Kernel, only 13,000 of 22,000 tickets to the GameDay taping have been distributed so far.

Things may seem bleak right now, but do we really want to show the world that it’s getting to us? Click here to get your free ticket to GameDay, or if you’d rather not pay the Ticketmaster fees, go down to the UK or Rupp Arena Box Office.

Let’s not give Digger the satisfaction.

43 Comments for Only 13,000 tickets have been distributed for GameDay

1. M.
    10:31 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

2. Vandy Students
    10:34 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

LISTEN TO ME!!! See you guys Saturday!!!

3. blueaville
    10:35 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I’ll be at the game Saturday just like every other home game. But I’m getting kind of tired of the pressure to be at EVERY event. Yes Gameday is cool but I’m not going to re-schedule my whole day just to be at the filming of a show so that we can say we had the most.

Come gametime…I’ll be in my seat plenty early. But I’ll pass on the extra events.

4. Ryne
    10:40 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Can a person get tickets on campus the day of or just walk in?

5. El Guapo
    10:42 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Would Archie and Alex show up to support YOU if you couldn’t do YOUR job?

6. Kentucky Mildcats
    10:43 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Expectations have been lowered for this year’s UK team and the enthusiasm around the program is pretty low. I expect this to be a low turnout per UK standards.

7. uk3333
    10:57 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

i will be at college gametime and the game later that night.. this will be the first uk game i have ever been to. i really hope i wont be dissapointed. im excited though!

8. uk3333
    10:57 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

i meant college gameday lol

9. Jon
    10:58 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Since Dance Blue will be occuring at the same time as Game Day, will there be some TV coverage of the Dance Blue event? What a perfect way to increase visibility for both !

10. TruCat
    11:00 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

5,6: LISTEN TO ME! Archie and Alex probably do their job about as well as the average (note the word “average”) worker on the job who is younger than the other workers and is in the first year in a demanding role. It’s not just about supporting them. What about Nerlens, Julius, Polson, WCS, Hood, et.al? But showing up for Gameday is more a show of support for the UK athletic program and more importantly a show of force for BBN. Regardless of another 10-loss season (Wildcats have had those before), we remain the greatest college basketball program in the nation, COMING OFF A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON and looking forward to perhaps the greatest NCAA recruiting class of all time! “Enthusiasm around the program is pretty low” . . . seriously??? With the recruits we have coming and the experience we will retain from this year’s team? How could we be less excited about the basketball program than we are about the current prospects for football? Oh, how we ridicule those colleges that can’t muster a big turnout for their Gameday. Maybe you’re correct in your forecast of a low turnout for Gameday, but there is absolutely no justification for BBN to fail to represent at this event! WE ARE UK!

11. Will Be At The Game
    11:00 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

But I will put the same effort into Gameday that the players give on the court. So, I will not show up, and then trash anyone who talks bad about my effort.

12. Not digger
    11:01 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Why would anybody go see those fools? Meaning digger and his band of morons!

13. Next years freshmen
    11:05 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Starters. This years team will make a good bench.

14. I'll be there in any kind of weather
    11:11 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

11: Why don’t you just sit the bench this weekend. Stay at home and I’ll take your tickets. That allows you to put out the most minimal effort (thereby effectively demonstrating your disgust with the Wildcats), while I will go as a full-time UK Wildcat supporter to GameDay and the game. You would just be sitting on your hands and booing the poor efforts of the team anyway, so let me go in your place and I will do your normal job- cheering wildly in support of Coach Calipari, his current crop of young players (however decimated by injury) and the University of Kentucky basketball program.

15. Lil c
    11:11 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

We are Kentucky fans, they all ready think we are crazy. Who cares what people think of us!??

16. Gandalf the Blue
    11:17 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I am driving from Atlanta to be at gameday and the game. You guys can jump ship when things get bad but I’m 100% in support of Kentucky and Calipari through the good times and the bad. Those of you not coming to gameday, don’t bother coming back when we’re a #1 seed next year.

17. Big Fan
    11:19 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

This article = “Come no matter how pitiful the team is.” Reminds me of football season, you guys.

18. Big Fan
    11:20 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

We’ve got some good fake 1 and dones. Can’t wait to watch them flame out in the d-league. I see you, WCS.

19. blugreg
    11:21 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

My daughter is on the DanceBlue committee and says they have reached out to ESPN for some coverage of the event. I was so afraid that there would be a poor turnout for this! That will look bad and give other programs ammunition to call us bandwagon fans because that’s what alot of fans are! Get off the players’ backs! Yea, a couple haven’t been what we’d hoped and personalities aren’t working but to be so critical. Only hoping that the azzes that are so critical are students that don’t have a clue to start with. Come on BBN show the world what kind of fans we are and if you ever thought about going to games and to an event, now is the time to go! I’ll be there and will drive 3 hours to get there!

20. ky_99
    11:22 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Looking for 3 tickets to the game. Anyone selling please email [email protected]

21. 3cats
    11:26 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Some UK fans need to grow up. WoW! cry me a river! We got beat,so what, go to the damn game and suppot our team. Band wagon losers!

22. bigabes4uk
    11:28 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I’m sure this number will go up quite a bit by Sat., but really as bad as we are and we still have distributed 13,000? That is still way more than any other school anywhere is getting at these gameday venues- I’d say by several 1000.

23. reality
    11:30 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I’ve seen all i want from this team, the one player who gave 100% every play is out. Sometimes you have to show your non-support for a team (really only a few guys) who could literally care less about whats on the front of the jersey.

24. lonnieb
    11:30 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Im not takin up for the team or anything, but we are 17-8 following national championship……after 6 went to NBA……….what did you expect. CAL was gonna pick every freshman every year that would come in and dominate immediately? The transition from high school to college does not happen at warp speed for everyone.

There is a couple of moments every game(like there is for every team) that the guys look lost……but I feel like they play hard most of the time…..they just dont always go to the right place on D or make the right play on O.

The fans that are talking trash and giving up on the players are the same ones saying they dont “deserve” to wear a UK jersey and they hope they all transfer…..its embarrassing really.

Do you think archie and poythress would be 1st round picks somewhere else….I dont but they also would not be expected to carry the team as freshman. There are very few freshman that can come in and carry the team the first year we have just gotten use to always having a few of them on the team

25. Wes
    11:41 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

Only 13,000 tickets claimed. The Big 10 had the highest average attendance for games last season with 12,800. Also that would be a sellout at every other arena in the SEC except UT and SC, (Not sure about A&M or Missouri).

The game is still a few days away and the students are probably all still to hung-over from the UT game and mass hoarding Maker’s Mark 90 proof to pick up tickets yet.

“The Big Ten Conference led the nation for the 36th consecutive year in conference attendance. With the addition of Nebraska, the Big Ten’s 12 teams totaled a league-high 2,856,785 fans and averaged 12,868 per game.”

26. The Crow
    11:42 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

DanceBlue being on the same day doesn’t help with the attendance when you remove 1,000 super involved students from the mix and all the families that will be there supporting the cause (www.danceblue.org). That said, Jay Bilas’s nephew is the Student Body President at UK, so hopefully he can pull some strings and get a short clip on Gameday about DanceBlue. What a great way to show two UK traditions that make a huge impact on the state (basketball and cancer research).

All in all, 13,000 attendees for Gameday is nothing to shake a stick at, especially considering our basketball troubles this year.

27. bandwagon fan says
    11:44 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

#24 on point. Kentucky has the number one fan base in the country, show us by showing up!

28. True Blue Fan
    11:46 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

I tried to get on ticketmaster last night to get 2 tickets and it said there were not 2 tickets available. However, there was a single ticket available in Section 42. I assumed most of the tickets had been given away and just single tickets available. Obviously something is wrong.

Now onto supporting our team. True fans should show up and support this team. How are we going to continue being the best fan base in all of college basketball if we only have fans when we’re at the top. This will also be a great opportunity for our fans to show our support for Noel, he certainly deserves it. I also would like to add we’re not the only team to take a beatdown this season. Look at Michigan, Ohio St, Kansas, Duke, Louisville abd Florida. This is how college basketball is going this year. Kansas fans still showed up and supported their team on Game Day after they lost 3 games in a row, with one to TCU, a team that probably won’t even make the NIT. We aren’t a terrible team, and possibly with the fans support, this team could turn it around.

29. Big Fan
    11:48 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

#24 Fans have given up on the players? How about the players giving up on the fans (see Tennessee game) followed by an entitled 19-year old calling a fan base that spends tens (hundreds?) of millions of dollars a year on their team “fake.” I have no problem with one-and-dones…..no problem at all with Cal. I have a problem with zero effort followed by lashing out at fans. GameDay tapings are boring as hell anyway.

30. Apologist
    11:58 am February 18, 2013 Permalink

@24 – yes, actually, I do expect that – if he’s going to rely entirely (or mostly) on Freshman to carry the load. I do not care if the team is compiled of all Freshman or all Seniors, but poor, uninspired play likehthis is not okay with me. I invest a lot of my money to go to games and a lot of emotion in UK Basketball, in general. So do you. It’s not a sin to expect that we are better than THIS team is.

31. Chicago Chris
    12:06 pm February 18, 2013 Permalink

The most embarrassing basketball loss since losing 95-150 to Kansas in 1989 is not going to be good for ticket sales.

32. Steve
    12:14 pm February 18, 2013 Permalink

13,000 fans would be HUGE compared to any other crowd GameDay has had this year. Usually has 4-500 students.

33. RICK
    12:17 pm February 18, 2013 Permalink

Come on guys , go to the ball game. The gym will be full,i dont know what all this talk is about.

34. Remember
    12:26 pm February 18, 2013 Permalink

Remember when Digger and Dicky V ruined the UK-ND game with their man love for the liar who dates men on the internet? Watching that game was worse than the game at UT and we Nerlens for that one.

35. bdown
    1:00 pm February 18, 2013 Permalink

I’m excited for game day and bummed to hear so many people are not going to be attending the event. This is just as much of a chance for us to show our support for our school/bball program as it is to show our support for the actual players.

36. Bleed Blue
    1:27 pm February 18, 2013 Permalink

It’s funny we say “only” 13,000 have been dealt. IU only had what 3,000 or 4,000 sold? More will sell before Saturday I’m not worried.

37. blueaville
    1:55 pm February 18, 2013 Permalink

so i make a post saying that i WILL be at the game this saturday but i don’t like the pressure to be at every event like gameday and it gets removed from the site??

geez the mods around here are getting way to sensitive.

38. Der
    2:13 pm February 18, 2013 Permalink

#37 please refer to comment #3

39. blueaville
    2:22 pm February 18, 2013 Permalink

38..LOL!! I guess my ADHD meds are wearing off

40. oruacat2
    2:26 pm February 18, 2013 Permalink

After the way UK fans were treated in Nashville by the “Gameday” crew last year, I’d personally love to see a full-on boycott of that idiot show.

41. UK Dudes
    3:24 pm February 18, 2013 Permalink

I’ll be there!

42. cheercat
    3:42 pm February 18, 2013 Permalink

Come on BBN don’t stomp on our team like all the others do when their teams lose. Kentucky fans are loyal no matter what. I would love to have tickets to any of the remaining games and you people that are priviledged to have them should show up and support our team. Don’t join the haters out there in college basketball. Our kids still wear KENTUCKY across their chests and yes I agree they are in a fog but if BBN gives up on them they have no one. Put on your blue and white and come down to College Day and show Digger WE ARE KENTUCKY!!! Do you part to help this team lift their heads and WIN! BBN is needed now more than ever!

43. CaliUKfan
    6:28 pm February 18, 2013 Permalink

I suspect that if 13,000 were the final number then we’d still have the 2nd largest game day crowd to our record in the 2009-10 season. In fact I only recall Kansas State and Purdue a few years back and maybe Kansas this year as having decent game day crowds.