Off Topic: Lil Wayne Deposition is Highly Entertaining

Anyone who has spent any amount of time in the practice of law knows one thing about depositions…they are boring. With one rare exception, every deposition I was a part of during my legal days was mind numbingly difficult to stay awake in and ended up confirming my desire to do something else with my existence. But then again, I never deposed Lil Wayne. The above video shows Lil Wayne being what would kindly be described as a “prick” in a deposition recently. It is actually quite hilarious to see Weezy do his thing above and I can’t even imagine what the (surely) expensive lawyers doing the questioning had to be thinking. One thing is clear…Lil Wayne had more success wearing a hooded sweatshirt to a deposition than I ever did. He also seems to take the Shaggy defense of “It wasn’t me”, but in his case it involves saying “I don’t recall that” and “I don’t know.”

Best answer:”Sorry sir, I am a superstar and people hire people to take pictures of me”

Second best answer: “You know he can’t save you in the real world right.”

Article written by Matt Jones

53 Comments for Off Topic: Lil Wayne Deposition is Highly Entertaining

1. Nick Papageorgio
    7:48 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

What was this deposition for?

2. Lil wheezy
    7:49 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

I dont recall

3. E.G.
    7:52 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Last sentence: “He cant save you.” “What does that mean?” “I was talking to myself.” LMAO

4. snoopaloop
    7:52 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Worst. Rapper. Ever.

If you listen to his trash music, slap yourself.

5. Bj young
    7:53 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

“I was talking to myfelf.” Hahahaha

6. J
    7:53 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Likely a jcps student

7. That was awesome
    7:53 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Number 3 is all over it.. I really did LOL

8. Ryan
    7:54 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Lil Wayne is so terrible

9. reality
    7:55 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Washed up rapper. Rap sucks anyway.

10. wickedgood
    7:58 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

more liberals out of control [dare anyone to say racist or he is not a liberal] .got to love him very respectful of knowing constitutional rights if this had been a conservative country singer [randy travis] it would have made every news outlet in the country . this is exactly why grandparents and parents say it cannot keep going in this direction people will be forced to stand up against this [rodney king , riots , and reginald denney attacked for no reason. this should disgust people no humor in it . hope someone calls me names or invokes grammar police definitely do not comment on video

11. MHFaulkner
    7:58 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

I love this video so much.

12. SMFH
    7:58 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

and the world would lose nothing of value if he left that depo and got hit by a car. He talks a lot of shit for somebody who’s 5’5″.

13. Dear UL and IU fans, We are national champions; you are not. The end.
    8:01 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Seriously, how does anyone like/respect this punk?

14. Fake Snoopaloop
    8:02 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Best. Rapper. Ever.

15. HicksPickSix
    8:02 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

“I’m sorry [taps head] that’s my psychic.”

16. Turners
    8:03 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Lil Wayne wouldn’t survive a quarter mile walking down Indian Trail. Its amazing folks like this guy’s music. It is pure gutter pop… with some tattoos and cigarillos. The artist in this little boy died with his connection to reality.

17. Shocked
    8:08 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

This is the type of people that we give millions of dollars to in our society. It’s a crying shame

18. Well for your info
    8:27 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

I actually DID see Randy Travis naked in the Wendy’s at Clay County bout 8 days ago.. Not sure if it was on news or not though.

19. Han
    8:34 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

“How would you describe your image in the media?”
    “How would I describe my image in the media? I wouldn’t describe it.”
    “What if you had to?”
    “I don’t have to.”

Classic.

The apparent threats were uncool (though more seemingly a reaction to the attorney bossing around someone who isn’t used to it), but given how self-righteous and superior most attorneys act in depositions, this is nowhere near as bad as some stuff I’ve heard.

I do some scoping (listen to/correct deposition transcripts.) And I would love to hear someone answer these types of questions so literally. Attorneys ask loaded questions that are meant to force you to agree with a premise you may not agree with, or they use triple negatives set during a range like “between the Wednesday before the accident and the 14th day after your 30th birthday,” and then when you don’t answer “yes” or “no,” they accuse you of not cooperating. It’s like the question Mitch Hedberg said, “Have you ever tried sugar or crack? Yes or no.”

Most people just don’t understand or try to lie, but that’s because they’re being badgered by the other attorney. Tons of the attorneys I hear are kinda douchebags who would rather a deponent do something terribly wrong so they can get the case thrown out than actually answer the questions. I’ve heard attorneys accuse deponents of being liars based solely on hypotheticals just to try to get a rise out of them. Practicing the law isn’t about getting the truth; it’s about gaming the system to win.

20. reality
    8:45 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

These are the type of people who think obama is doing a good job.

21. snoopaloop
    8:48 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Are we sure this isn’t just one of his Mountain Dew commercials insisting that you “Dew you”?

22. First time KSR commenter
    8:53 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

If Matt Jones was an attorney, he wouldn’t think this was funny. Matt has no respect for law, lawyers, courts, pro bonos, magna cartas, carte blanches, or paralegals.
    Must be a liberal. Or def a conservative. Quid pro quo.

23. schwing
    8:54 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

i love this. he knows he doesn’t have to answer pointless questions like “do you know if you won x award?” and “do you recall being arrested for x on x date?” dumb f-ing attorney. if it’s public record, what difference does it make whether or not he recalls it?

24. shelbyjoe
    8:56 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

hilarious. and to think there are actually people who like this punk and idolize him. Wouldn’t you love to reach across that table and just slap the crap out of him until he cried like a little girl – now THAT would be funny.

25. Stupid is as stupid does
    9:05 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

According to TMZ this deposition was for a lawsuit filed BY LIL WAYNE. He’s being uncooperative in his own lawsuit. Someone punch him in the face.

26. kes
    9:12 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

i dont even know who he is, BUT GOOD FOR HIM! sit there and let some pin head ask stupid questions, same ones over and over.

27. Biglaw Dawgin'
    9:16 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

This is great. Most attorneys would have a field day with those responses, Wayne just debo’d the questioner. Dude was asking compound questions and Wayne did a great job of taking control.

28. Blame Obaammmerr!!
    9:27 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

These are the kinds of people are tax dollars are paying for!! It’s this elitist attitude that president Barry Obammmer has. He wants to take are jobs, freedom, and he is a socialist commie!!! Wake up people. This a Merica’ and these colors don’t ruuuun!!! Some hippy asked me what time it was. Looked at my invisible watch, gave him the crazy eye and yelled, “It’s dirty thirty bud. Merica.”

29. catcrawler
    9:27 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

@24. He is a punk, but he may just come up and kick your arse if you smacked him, or he could make a phone call… “You know he can’t save you in the real world, right?”

30. gmoney
    9:45 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Typical jig.

31. Blue
    9:59 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

I don’t care whether you like his music or not…The fact of that matter is that this douche bag loser, for whatever reason, is a major influence on millions of American youths, from 8 or 9 years old on up to kids in their early 20s. No wonder America is so screwed up…THIS guy is influencing society. It’d be awesome if he got hit by an oncoming Mountain Dew truck.

32. Head Bussa
    10:00 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

I loved this. F “the man”.

33. incognito
    10:12 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

just another in a long line of proof positives that our society has gone to hell in a handbasket…and yes…it can all be traced back to liberalism…the destruction of the family…and the persistent attacks on Judeo-Christian Values…right in our own country…which seems to be “well-tolerated” by our “leader”…but why not? He campaigned in ’08 by demeaning Christians as “bitter” and “clinging to their guns and religion”…yet our President- in a speech to the United Nations TODAY…stated, “The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam.” Yes, that one sentence was within the context of defending “all beliefs” from attack if one reads the entire context of the speech. But that one sentence still DOES say a lot. Obama has a One-Way Foreign Policy. It is a Policy of apology and appeasement. For one, we (The United States of America) should NEVER apologize for our desire to bring Freedom and Liberty to all peoples in all the world. Yet we do- or, well…our President does anyway- “apologize” as a part of his basic Foreign Policy platform…and apologize to whom? To ruthless Dictators and those who believe in a Global Caliphate and Sharia Law? Their goal is clear. The do not hide it. They do not mince words. The seek to “wipe Israel (the little satan) from the map”…and to do the same with “The Big Satan”…that’s us folks…you and me…we “infidels”…so…just how does one go about “dealing with” those who hold those beliefs and are quite willing to die for those beliefs? By “apologizing” and “appeasing them”??? They cannot BE appeased! For starters! Libs like Obama had one too may “conflict resolution” classes back in kindy garden I think! News Flash: It don’t work! So, what does work? Standing tall and standing firm. And having the Military MIGHT and the intestinal fortitude to back it up!!! Nothing more and nothing less. And it is the ONLY thing that can work because it is the one and only thing they respect about us at all is our power. Why is that? Well, turns out…when push comes to shove…the majority of these “people” are simply NOT in that big of a hurry to meet Allah and kick it with their 72 virgins…look, all I am saying is this: Stand firm and resolute in our belief in individual freedom and liberty…carry a BIG STICK to back it up…be ready, willing, and able to USE that BIG STICK if necessary…and NEVER apologize for standing up for freedom and liberty!!! This is a dangerous world full of dangerous people…so…for God’s Sake…WAKE UP you liberals who somehow think you can “sweet talk” these folks and “make friends” with them…it AINT happenin’!!!

34. Greg
    10:16 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

What a jackass. How do so many Americans put this douchebag on a pedestal and look up to him. Pathetic

35. Mkgistebow
    10:16 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

What an unintelligent, entitled prick. The world would be a better place if he was eradicated from it.

36. HeshimuEvans'2ndGradeTeacher
    10:18 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

19 – I believe it’s: Have you ever tried sugar or PCP?

I’m not a fan of Wayne’s music and like 50 said, “How can dude be a gangster if he’s been on tv since he was 13?” but that clip is hilarious!

37. Bill
    10:31 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

I don’t care if you like him or not, and I don’t see why ppl are bringing their lib and conservative agenda into this. The attorney was playing the system and he was playing him back. He’s actually more intelligent than you think. Sorry he doesn’t have ur ole grandaddys values

38. Smiley Pete
    10:32 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

23 – It’s very clear from your comment that you have no idea what you are talking about. It makes a very big difference what he recalls.

39. Head Bussa
    10:39 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

33 — You talk big but you aren’t the one sacrificing your life or your kid’s life to prove America’s military “might”. For a long time our government’s leaders have taken advantage of our brave men and women in the military and those people deserve better. I’ll take diplomacy anyday rather than sending our nation’s underpriveleged to their deaths or to a miserable life without limbs just to show that America carries “a big stick.”

40. UKClay
    10:41 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Terrible, washed up rapper. Terrible person. This is what gives rap a bad name. FYI, go out and buy Lupe Fiasco’s new CD that came out today. It is real rap

41. incognito
    11:21 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

39- You’re point is well taken. And I even agree with you to a certain extent with some of what you said. But I think if you were…oh, let’s say…the age you are RIGHT NOW…only back in the year 1945 AD…right at the end of World War 2…you just might see things a tad bit differently. Just maybe. Let me tell you…I am the FIRST to want DIPLOMACY to WORK…and to NEVER send ANY of our brave young men and women into harm’s way…the point I was trying to make…and…it is a cold, cruel reality in this cold, cruel world…in this “fallen” world…is that there ARE…unfortunately…those out there who wish to do us harm…with no apologies whatsoever…and also very unfortunately…no amount of “diplomacy” or “talk” or attempts to “reason with them” will ever work…but…the one thing that “might” work…the only thing that “might” work…is a “deterrent”…something to make them think twice before deciding to act or attack or whatever…it has nothing at all to do with wanting to be some kind of brash, redneck “Bully” or “Bad Ass”…but it has everything to do with wanting to do what is necessary to insure that we have the best chance at maintaining peace…and avoiding military conflict…and…truth is…our nukes…and Russia’s nukes…have averted more wars than we will ever know…which is why I do believe in military might…and…when I speak of the intestinal fortitude to use it…I mean this: If your “aggressor” KNOWS that the people of your country do not have the “stomach” to use it…then that too makes you vulnerable and weak…the whole point of what I was trying to say in my first post was to AVOID conflict…avoid WAR…avoid sending our nation’s young men and women into harm’s way…and…seeking the best way to accomplish just that…and…in my humble opinion…from what I do know about this world in which we live…and from what history has taught us…we have to have strength…and we have to have the willingness to use that strength…if we wish to garner enough respect and fear from our enemies to avert war…it’s like this…if your enemy perceives you as “weak” and “vulnerable”…you are far more likely to find yourself in a conflict than if you are enemy respects and fears you…hopefully I have made things a bit more clear…I am no “war monger”…which is unfortunately the “label” the liberal left tries to stick on like-minded folks such as myself…I am nothing more than a realist…who realizes that this IS a very dangerous world full of very dangerous people…and that we do not live in Mister Roger’s Neighborhood…ya dig?

42. Rocket22
    11:34 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

41-You use a lot of “quotation marks”

43. Quotation quandary
    11:56 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

“I” “love” “quotation” “marks” “!” “They” “are” “super” “spiffy” “!” “!” “!”

44. barefoorpirate
    12:11 am September 26, 2012 Permalink

41 — stopped reading after “1945 AD”. Thanks for clarifying AD, jackhole. I wouldn’t have had any clue what year you were talking about. Because so much wild shit went down in 1945 BC that it’s common knowledge so you have to distinguish between BC and AD when referring to 1945.

45. UKnowMe
    12:18 am September 26, 2012 Permalink

41- TLDR

46. Harrison
    1:02 am September 26, 2012 Permalink

You people are ridiculous. Every one of you is why this country blows now. Someone posts a video of a rapper actin like an idiot, and everyone has to sit at the computer and push their agendas and ideas on people. Do everyone a favor and stay off the computer. No one cares what you have to say, you’re sitting behind a computer with no identity and you think you’re gonna change ideas or peoples minds by goin off on a comment section, jesus i cant believe im even typing on here myself but it makes me sick. You’re all what makes this country not enjoyable to live in. You make me never want to leave the house or be around anyone. Lil wayne is an idiot is all that needed to be said. People suck

47. Harvey Gene
    6:45 am September 26, 2012 Permalink

WOW, one “N” word comes to mind. Nincompoop!

48. UK Snuggie
    7:38 am September 26, 2012 Permalink

How is there any justice in this world when Stevie Ray Vaughn and Frank Zappa die too young and this ” entertainer” gets to annoy us for years to come? Could we just lock him up now because we all know he’ll eventually do something to deserve it.

49. KY Republicans
    8:00 am September 26, 2012 Permalink

#20 Oh I love our party and its people! I completely agree with you. Just go ahead and insert black for “these people” and your comment would be perfect.

You’re definitely a real American in my book!

50. Nick Papageorgio
    8:33 am September 26, 2012 Permalink

Everybody relax…this was funny….LAUGH!

51. kentuckyrules
    9:16 am September 26, 2012 Permalink

Love the political talk in here: Pure conservatives blaming liberals….Yeah, you really know what you are talking about. EVERY LIBERAL is Lil’ Wayne, right? Guess what, there are tons of us “Real Americans” like yourselves that are …oh my gosh, dare I say….LIBERAL.

Reaganomics is to blame, BAM!

52. internet tough guy
    11:28 am September 26, 2012 Permalink

I would love to smack this kid and anyone who thinks he makes good music. Pathetic

53. sHIMSKY
    12:26 pm September 26, 2012 Permalink

It’s OK for anybody to not take these ridiculous questions seriously whether they are a rapper or a dish washer. His mockery of the broken system we are all unfortunately a part of is amusing. He is able to distinguish BS from reality. The fact that his music blows, or that he is being disrespectful is irrelevant. He has reached a level that allows him to see beyond the intimidation. The way in which he has reached this level (and his race)is mostly what turns people off. I bet that the people who hate this video would love it if Allan Jackson or Hank Williams were the one being deposed.