Noel raps that he “might come back” in “Number 9”

Nerlens Noel and Lexington rapper Wes Grams (who worked with Terrence Jones on “Teach Me Bout Kentucky”) collaborated to create the BBN’s latest hit rap song: “Number 9.”

It includes this line from Noel:

“I might come back but I don’t know yet.”

Enjoy.

53 Comments for Noel raps that he “might come back” in “Number 9”

1. Lil c
    10:01 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

Haha… That’s great. I just wish we weren’t so horrible this year! Nerlens flows way better than TJones. Good stuff.. Go Cats!!!

2. NotInsertNameHere
    10:02 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

“I might come back, but I dunno yet”. Bullshit.

3. Flat Top
    10:06 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

I love Nerlens more than anybody, but I wish he wouldn’t tease us about coming back..

4. John Wall
    10:08 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

Not bad nerlens…but wes is a queer

5. Truth
    10:11 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

Soooo, have we given up on this year? Maybe if we beat Ga, we could storm the court (there will be plenty of blue in the crowd) have a National Champ trophy and hold it high. Put on some new hats….ok, ok. Just thought maybe we could if IU could, Ok, Ok we do not want to ever be anything like them. GO BBN, it is not over until—it is over. Never give up, never!

6. Nice1
    10:11 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

I likd it

7. Wes Grams
    10:11 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

Oh John Wall, you’re so funny..

8. Iceman J
    10:13 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

Dayum! I thought Nerlens killed it- nice flow!

9. lol
    10:13 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

Im glad nerlens is having fun but he needs to stick with basketball lol

10. really
    10:14 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

really 8 and 6 you actually thought it was good. 2 people who do not listen to rap or hip hop at all lol.

11. Catlanta
    10:16 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

What a joke.

12. sgsgd
    10:18 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

Nerlen’s was a lot better than I thought.. that’s too funny haha

13. Dandy Don
    10:18 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

Dandy little rap song

14. Uncle Ted
    10:20 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

FlatTop > TJones

15. masterc
    10:21 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

HAHA! That was really bad. The best part is that Noel was better than the “rapper”.

16. LL Cat J
    10:21 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

Does he say “gotta get nine, what the ville you think” ???

17. Fat Bastard
    10:24 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

My bowels have made better noises in the bathroom.

18. Nerlens Noel
    10:24 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

Wes Grams featuring Tha Flat-Top Feller

19. Matt
    10:26 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

#standwithrand

20. Never Heard of Him
    10:27 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

Who is Wes Grams?

21. NEWMAN
    10:38 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

We should cut down the nets after we beat Georgia In Athens.

“Mark Fox, you guys got any scissors?”

22. Jen
    10:39 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

19. Are you “standing with Rand” because you’re opposed to drone strikes or because of partisan horsesh*t?

23. MemphisCat
    10:44 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

He needs to quit messing with us, that is a terrible joke.

24. UK sucks!!!!!!
    10:51 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

UK program is a joke!!!!!!!

25. Han
    10:56 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

The lyric heard ’round the Commonwealth.

26. Jake Rolen
    11:09 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

Well, that was awful…..As terrible and cheesy as the Wes guy comes off, Nerlens actually sounded really good all things considered. He could have another career if given the opportunity.

27. MKG
    11:20 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

Hey y’all, don’t get too worked up. I said I was coming back too, and y’all know how that turned out.

28. Surprised
    11:21 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

All thing considered Nerlens is pretty damn good haha. I was shocked. Good flow, lyrics are clever, strange lyrical sound to his voice, sounds more comfortable than in many of his interviews, confident and had swagger. And #10 let me guess youre some rap and hiphop genius because you have 47 Wiz songs on your phone right? Wiz and wale and tyga and 2 chainz and every other crappy rapper that will have 3-4 years in the game at best and be known not for the artist they are but the guys who did “that one song”. Go grab you some Pac some eminem some jay z some TI damn even wayne. This is why i dont listen to any new rap. Its terrible. Lost all of its passion and truth. Some rappers actually LIVED the life they rap about

29. Crump
    11:47 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

@28…. 2Pac “lived” the thug life? With his mother… the english professor?! Come on genius.

30. IcemanJ
    11:52 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

So number 10- I guess you are the hip hop guru? When can I buy your mixtape- oh wait that’s right. I’m willing to bet I was listening to real hip hop while you azz was still in diapers…not that Lil Wayne overdone studio crap! Let me guess, what you like is the best right? I can’t stand people like you. Honestly, I figured it would be pretty bad, but i thought he did good. It was much better than TJones, that’s for sure.

31. zachsprad78
    11:54 pm March 6, 2013 Permalink

Well wes I dont know if you will read this or not but I want to say thanks for doing this with these guys.Last year was great and I still dig this one keep it up ill be looking forward to next years.
    Nerlen’s I dont like how you teased me on that I thought Anthony was amzing to watch last year but man you are great. Hooe to see you back next year and ill be watching if you go good luck and thans man.

32. Jkwon
    12:10 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

I echo #31!! Well said! I believe he really wants to come back and win #9 but hard to pass on the $$$$$$$

33. Surprised
    12:20 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

29) i wasnt saying 2pac specifically lived the “thug life”. I wasnt even meaning the “thug life” just that some rappers did live the life they rapped about. When eminem was coming up talking about his mom and his daughter, his messed up childhood, working in the factory to pay bills etc. Or my own favorite rapper for example T.I. The guy actually WAS a dope boy. Sold drugs, dropped out of high school, got arrested at 15 for the first time, been to jail 30+ times, has 8 felony charges, has had REAL gun fights, anything else you wanna know about him lemme know. Point is the man DID live that life and therefore has the right to rap about it. He used it all as motivation and inspiration to use a talent he has been given to go from a little bad ass dope boy to a little grown up bad ass dope boy sitting on millions

34. Tim in Korea
    12:37 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

If Nerlens wants #9, he’s going to have to do it in 2013-14. You only go to college once…

35. Ukfan
    12:59 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Nerlens killed it!!! Dayuuuumn!!

36. Wizdom
    1:34 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

I’m pretty sure all Wiz Khalifa raps about is smoking pot, drinking Bombay, champagne and kicking it with his boys.. If you watch his DayToday videos on YouTube, he does live the life he portrays in his rap songs, do some research man. You should know music is a generation thing and eventually you’ll grow to dislike the music after your high school/college days.

37. jordan
    3:57 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

28- the fact that you throw wale in there ruins your whole arguement. Hes probably the most lyrical rapper ever and easily the most lyrical rapper alive. Nor does he rap about a life he didn’t live. “i was out there, where them packs move, but neva got to it, cuz I had school”. Best rapper alive for sure.

38. MacGruber
    5:27 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

OMG! Rap nerd fight.

39. Stone Cold
    6:20 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Rap music sucks and so do the unwashed masses who listen to it. And that’s the bottom line!

40. joe
    7:00 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

this song is joke…jeezz i wish we never had to hear another one of these terrible raps

41. Roofus Howls
    7:24 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

He probably “doesn’t know yet”. Based on what has been said, a lot of his future depends on his ability to rehab the knee. If things look good, the NBA will gobble him up. If they don’t look good, the NBA will back away. I just hope he has time to know what the doctors are thinking about the knee before the decision deadline. I don’t want him to go to the draft to only find out that the knee isn’t in good shape and I don’t want him to come back to UK only to get hurt again and never make it to the NBA.

42. Rambo
    7:48 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

The money is going to be there, the question is where is the best place to get better?

43. J. Mac
    7:57 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

29.) Pac’s mother was pretty much known to be a crackhead, not to mention a member of the black panthers. She was actually pregnant with Tupac while in prison. Pac grew up very tough and didn’t have a whole lot. His step father Mutulu Shakur was actually on the FBI’s 10 most wanted fugitives list and his mother was also charged with numerous crimes associated with her black panther affiliation. Tupac did attend a performing arts school in Baltimore, but he definitely grew up in a “thug” environment, especially after his move to Cali. Def nothing fake about Tupac Shakur, the dude lived it. Pac’s mom an english professor? You should have all 2pac commenting privledges revoked hahaha.

44. oldschool
    8:55 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

If kids these days listened to Kenny G and Michael Bolton they would stay in school for 4 years.

45. The Rise
    8:56 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Was it fun to listen to. Yes. Would I put it on my iPod, maybe. Do I think it’s the greatest, heck no. Would i Iisten to another Wes Grams collaboration with a wildcat, heck yes. I would prefer he goes with harrow that would be funny. Some times the people on here just love to argue. We’re the BBN love your brothers and sisters.

46. TuPac
    9:11 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

I liked it.

47. IcemanJ
    9:31 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

36- good point about how you grow to dislike the music from high school/college days. To be honest I don’t even listen to hip hop anymore, at least the new stuff. I listen to the older stuff from the 90s and 80s, but only because it reminds me of my youth (I guess I am getting old lol). Hip Hop is definitely more of a type of music you listen to when you are younger and then eventually grow out of as you get older. Again though, unlike #10 who is evidently the precedent in deciding what is good and not good in hip hop, I thought Nerlens did a good job. Heck, at least he didn’t require Auto-tune to sound good…

48. Confused Cat
    9:48 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

I am confused, how can we make fun of UL so much, and then support this trash. If UL or anyone else did it, we would have a field day making fun of it, because it is the stupidest thing I have heard. Be a real fan, and admit, we dont need freaking raps…this is embarrassing

49. Crikey
    9:52 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

19 – #poopwithstoops

50. Ballgame
    10:45 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

My keyboard makes me tough. Just a college kid having some fun chill out with all your hate.

51. Dribblebucket
    10:54 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

Good God people! Chill with the hate. Just a couple of kids having some fun. I actually thought it was a catchy little tune. Lighten up!!!

52. UKBlue
    10:58 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

I’m sorry, I hope to God Wes Grams has another job making real money because this is a disaster. Someone needs to get this kid a producer or teach him how to turn down the bass. I hope these songs aren’t something we’re going to have to endure from here on out. Wes should have just stop with teach me about KY.

53. Fitch Slap
    11:26 am March 7, 2013 Permalink

48) is exactly right. If this were Wes Grams the Louisville fan featuring Chane Behanon every single one of you would be destroying it. Fact.