North Oldham’s Run To The LLWS Begins Now

It’s that time of the year, friends, where we watch kids play baseball on ESPN while learning fun facts about them when they’re at the plate. This time it’ll be even more interesting to watch because Kentucky is in the tourney. North Oldham Little League – or Great Lakes as they’re called now – will play the Mid-Atlantic team in the first round of the Little League World Series tonight at 8:00 PM on ESPN. The tournament is double elimination so if Team Great Lakes loses tonight, they still get to keep fighting the good fight. But, they’re not losing tonight. They’re not losing at all. Especially if Griffin McLarty is pitching. If McLarty is on the mound, it’s going to be a rough night at the plate for those Mid-Atlantic kids.

Anyone got the over/under on Derek Jeter as favorite athlete? What about KSTV as favorite TV show?

#leggoo

Article written by Drew Franklin

19 Comments for North Oldham’s Run To The LLWS Begins Now

1. Go N. Oldham
    6:52 pm August 19, 2011 Permalink

Only 10 players?

2. i heart aunt becky
    6:54 pm August 19, 2011 Permalink

If any of the lil fellars can throw The Tanner Twister then they are sure to win it all!!!

3. RonH
    7:06 pm August 19, 2011 Permalink

They excepting an ALL TIME record crowd tonight. The team Ky. is playing is 30 miles from Williamsport.

4. kramer
    7:10 pm August 19, 2011 Permalink

Go N.Oldham!!!

5. anthonyeppsdrivingschool
    7:30 pm August 19, 2011 Permalink

An article about the NCAA, NFL, and Pryor…. and somehow calipari gets put in the middle of it…. http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/id/6874169/terrelle-pryor-suspension-nfl-ncaa-merger

6. 44 Stitches
    7:35 pm August 19, 2011 Permalink

I was thinking the samething as #1. I know it’s a all-star team but only having 10 players would make me nervous if I was the coach. What happens if two or three get sick and could not play? I watched a little bit of the game that was on last night and they did say they were expecting a record crowd for a non championship game tonight. Also said the crowd should be bigger than most of the championship games since the other team is so close to Williamsport.

7. eZmoney
    7:44 pm August 19, 2011 Permalink

Little League is a joke…Cal Ripken is 10x the organization

8. hey negative nancy
    7:50 pm August 19, 2011 Permalink

7. u mad bro?

9. Pville Blur
    8:22 pm August 19, 2011 Permalink

Good luck Kentucky Little Leaguers, make us proud in PA. Also, South Lex (Shilito Park) Cal Ripken 46/60 12yo’s play for World Series Championship tonight at 8:30pm in California; Southeastern Lex Cal Ripken (Veterans Park) 50/70 12yo’s play for American World Series Championship at 2pm Saturday in Aberdeen MD; Southeastern Lex 10yo’s play for World Series Champsionship at 1pm Saturday in Winchester VA. Lexington is a baseball town, not a basketball town, at least at the youth level.

10. kramer
    8:37 pm August 19, 2011 Permalink

This is making me nervous, like my kid is playing.

11. kramer
    8:43 pm August 19, 2011 Permalink

My son plays in a Cal Ripken league too,why is it not as popular(televised) as Little league? He is almost 9, just wondering what the difference is.

12. 44 Stitches
    10:21 pm August 19, 2011 Permalink

Yeah I’m with kramer what is the difference between Little League and Cal Ripkin? I always thought Cal Ripkin was kids older than Little League but I guess not. Also in Cal Ripkin what does 46/60 and 50/70 mean? I’m not the biggest baseball fan in the world so someone break it down for me.

13. KSP
    10:37 pm August 19, 2011 Permalink

Great Job guys! The head coach is Col. brad Bates of KSP. helluva guy.

14. bballdoc
    10:39 pm August 19, 2011 Permalink

The Kentucky kids did win, 1-0, on a homer and a complete game by McLarty. A truly clutch performance.

15. BC
    11:02 pm August 19, 2011 Permalink

46 foot pitching mound, 60 ft base paths

16. David Stoll
    11:16 pm August 19, 2011 Permalink

Griffin McLarty and his parents are our neighbors in Buckner. Congrats and we wish tham the best of luck throughout the rest of the Little League World Series. Beat Cal.

17. What A Game
    12:09 am August 20, 2011 Permalink

I’m in Paducah, but my brother’s family lives in Buckner now. My nephew plays in that league and two of his teammates are on that team. It’s nice to have a connection. Twelve and thirteen year olds playing in front of near 42,000. Wow!

18. Kencat1
    12:12 am August 20, 2011 Permalink

46/60 is pitching distance which is either 46′ or 50′ and 60 or 70 is distance between bases

19. NotoriousDTG
    12:19 am August 20, 2011 Permalink

I think McLarty could make the Royal’s rotation. 12 strikeouts in 6 innings….wow.