Noel and Wiltjer received their hardware today

nerlens-wiltjer-trophies

A package containing trophies for Kyle Wiltjer and Nerlens Noel arrived at the Men’s Basketball offices this afternoon. Nerlens took home Freshman of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year honors in the Southeastern Conference, while Wiltjer earned the Sixth Man of the Year award.

Congrats again to Kyle and Nerlens.

Article written by Drew Franklin

15 Comments for Noel and Wiltjer received their hardware today

1. KYKiller
    3:06 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

really?
    Congrats!
    FIRST!

2. Roland
    3:16 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

Congrats to the recipients, but, that some Back of the trophy case stuff.

3. Feesh
    3:22 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

Hahahaha. Thats just sad. This is from the fanbase that constantly crows about “The only thing we celebrate is National Championships”. The freakin SEC 6th Man of the Year Award????? Seriously, there’s such thing? I mean, the NBA 6th Man is weak enough, but this is the “I’m not good enough to start in the SEC but I hit a few 3’s this year so I get a trophy, Award”. Congrats. I guess. Go Cayuts.

4. BBN#1
    3:26 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

feesh your either not very bright or dont have any common sense these are conference awards something that happens every year.. now sweet sixteen rings are celebrating ignorant things

5. Hmmmmm
    3:26 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

That 6th man of the year award will look real good between 2 title rings in about a year…..

6. Feesh
    3:30 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

I left out: what is also sad is me…my life sucks. Trollin is a habit that I just can’t quit!

7. Aaron Craft's Rosacea
    3:31 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

It would be sad if Kyle went back to back on the 6th man award, but it definitely could happen.

8. Names to add
    3:31 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

Now, I save a commenter’s post to ridicule = Feesh

9. kes
    4:16 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

sixth man of the year award? were the judges stevie wonder and ray charles?

10. Chicago Chris
    4:56 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

Feesh, when we have a pep rally for these awards, your criticism will make sense.

11. williamtitan
    4:57 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

at least wiltjer is good for something….

12. Deacon
    5:01 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

Wiltjer got 6th man of the year award this year. Next year, he will be the 10th – 11th man. Depth next year is going to be crazy. Is there an 11th Man of the year award? Seriously, if we get Wiggins, where would our third team finish in the SEC standings: Wiltjer, Willis, Hood, Polson and Lanter?

13. Mr. Pragmatist
    5:28 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

Maybe Kyle can win the 11th man award next year. No knock on him, but he’s likely not cracking the top 10 except in certain situations where the match-up suits him/us.

14. Mr. Pragmatist
    5:55 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

I just realized that my math was off, but my point remains the same.

15. Devil58
    8:38 am April 25, 2013 Permalink

If Wiltjer is the best 6th man, it says something about how down the SEC is right now… Usually the best 6th man is a game changer or spark off the bench… Kyle can’t guard a chair and his only attribute (shooting) was disappointing this year… I hope he’s taking advantage of his scholly and getting his degree because I can’t imagine him ever playing at the next level… Hope he proves me wrong but not optimistic…