No votes for Kentucky in either poll

This isn’t completely shocking news, but in case you were wondering, Kentucky received zero votes in the AP and USA Today college basketball polls.  That’s two fewer votes than Stephen F. Austin.

Duke reclaimed the top spot, while Louisville dropped to No. 5 after earning a No. 1 ranking last week.  Louisville has spent a grand total of two weeks atop the AP poll since it was introduced in 1949, so congratulations to #CardNation on last week’s accomplishment.

Article written by Drew Franklin

21 Comments for No votes for Kentucky in either poll

1. bigabes4uk
    2:20 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

Seriously who legitimately votes for a team like Stephen F Austin or Middle Tenn State to be in the top 25?? Just goes to show you how much of a joke the polls are.

2. CAUKFAN
    2:23 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

Good!

3. Jrod
    2:25 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

To be fair Stephen F Austin has one loss and it was to Texas A&M by 8 points.

4. BigBlue
    2:27 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

Do not deserve a ranking yet. This team is learning they actually have to earn a ranking. When they get that concept…hopefully they have now… they will get better. This team came in thinking they were last year’s team and they deserved success without working..that is why they are fighting to get into the tourney now.

5. UKsportsbigMarv
    2:29 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

#Cardnation? Everyone knows there is no #CardNation….. Maybe #CardCounty #Cardnation lol, I spit my water out on my desk with that garbage.

6. Laker Cat
    2:30 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

I maybe stupid, but I think UK will go undefeated for the remaining season and UK will win the NCAA again! They are the best of all time!!!!

7. BBN
    2:31 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

Yeah, ur stupid.

8. FCKIN BS!!!!

9. BobKYCats
    2:52 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

CardNation?

More like:
    CardTrailerPark
    CardGuv’mentHousing
    etc.

10. BobKYCats
    2:56 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

Dud …. what am I talking about …….

11. BigBlue
    2:59 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

I will take our unranked team over the Cards right now. I hope we play again this year!

12. Wild Blue
    3:07 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

Weakest college basketball teams I have seen in many years. And I have seen several!!!

13. Wild Turkey 101
    3:25 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

Creighton #12. Yeah, right.

14. PayPal Cal
    3:56 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

What happened to my response can Big Bum Nation not handle it!!

15. UK Freshmen
    5:44 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

So what’s the issue? Certainly you didn’t expect the Cats to receive a vote beating the #187 team in the nation?

16. BIGBLUEKY9
    6:16 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

Compare Missouri W/L to the Cats,save for a win against a ILL team, how in the heck is Missouri still ranked ?!? Especially after the beat down they just got

17. coleman gaines
    6:20 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

It would not suprise me if this years UK basketball team was the lowest seeded team to ever win the NCAA tourney championship.

18. Jerk
    6:45 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

Well……. I am a little bit unsure about the cats, but the top 25 is a freakin joke. But as long as they can keep Puke at no1, the world is good for that bunch of jackass’. This is the weakest year I can remember, well at least since they gave the championship to Puke a few years back. But really if KY can get it together with the athletes they have, and the way they played the so called top teams in the country like Puke and loserville, it certainly not that far fetched to think they could. Just need confidence. Bad timing with harrow and illness just killed there confidence. Maybe all these different personalities cam come together, go cats!

19. matt gray
    7:57 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

I wish Louisville fans would create a website.

20. FatBlueKid
    8:45 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

How on Earth can we not be ranked? Then to take it a step further, no votes period?? WTF?? I think we are as good if not better than anyone in the country. No this team is nothing like last year’s but college basketball is so bad this year. Teams like UaVel, Puke and Indiana are considered top teams. LOL!! Last yrs team could have taken the 5 best players from the 3 teams combined and beat them by 25-30. We can do it. We get on a roll in a very mediocre SEC and get our confidence and momentum going. Look out! The only loss I can realistically see us having the rest of the year is at Florida.