No Mention of Kentucky from Montrezl Harrell’s Father

Montrezl Harrell’s dad spoke with Joe Davis of ScoutsFocus.com about his son’s recruitment. According to his father, Harrell’s top 4 includes Louisville, Cincinnati, Alabama and Florida. His father also mentioned Illinois, Arkansas, LSU, Pittsburgh and South Carolina as other interested schools. Absent from any of those lists? Kentucky. Read into that what you will. But for the moment, it seems that the interest level from one or both sides (Harrell’s or Kentucky’s) has cooled.

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

54 Comments for No Mention of Kentucky from Montrezl Harrell’s Father

1. Fat Ryan Lemond
    2:12 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

has to be a mistake, he sure ain’t going to UL with their scholly situation.

2. So you're still saying there's a chance?
    2:22 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Pretty please!

3. NewWildcatOrder
    2:25 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

How could have interest cooled if we were never really after him? 1,000 KSR posts about a dude doesn’t make Coach Cal heavily interested in a recruit.

4. B Howard
    2:27 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Ok Wildcat fans, let’s here the classic comments- “Oh, we didn’t want him anyway” or “he is overrated and wouldn’t help us”. Feel free to add any others if you would like.

5. Yontsey
    2:32 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

My personal preference, I would pass on him regardless if he wanted to come here or not. I don’t want to get into a scholarship issues next year and have to turn down top 10 kids or have kids lose interest because of depth issues.

6. pioneer
    2:35 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

#3 couldn’t agree more. Just because it is on this blog does not mean its gospel. I wish people would realize our coach gets #1 recruiting classes for a reason. He doesn’t take transfers very often!
    #4 no need to call out people who have yet to post, however I do agree with you. There will be a least 5 people who will post that he isnt any good or wasnt our guy.

Oh and one more thing, who cares about UoL? I dont care if they get this kid, or who they get. The cats will still beat them and their fan base will continue to make excuses. Same old story, same old song and dance!!!

7. Jax Teller
    2:35 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Montrezl is a name that should be on UL or UC’s roster. I’m OK with it. Save the scholly for next year, when we’ll load up.

8. SexyRexy
    2:35 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

I have never heard anyone other than KSR talk about him. Why don’t you pay attention to Tony Trocha? He is possibly reclassifying and ranked much higher than this guy.

9. Cal
    2:35 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Right on 3….just bc the fan base wanted him doesn’t mean I did. I said I only wanted to add 1 more player, and I did that with Mays. I’m saving the rest of our scollys for next year. Trust in me, I brought you #8, I know what I’m doing.

10. Really?
    2:39 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

#7 and Nerlens doesnt sound like a UofL or UC player?

11. Gman
    2:40 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Cal is not recruiting Harrell. He wants Trocha.

12. jpgott2
    2:43 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

I agree with the sentiment that just because we are all talking about him, does not mean Cal is. I was hoping Cal would grab him, so we could have that 8 man rotation, but if Cal is not pursuing him (UK would be at least whispered if Cal was going after him), than we should be happy with our 7.

13. #Rise
    2:45 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

I heard from his babies mamas uncles cousins twin sister that he is committing to Louisville. So my source says

14. Before
    2:45 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

It was previously reported that The father Included UK in his son’s initial suitors. So someone stopped either cal or Montrezl

15. tennessee wildcat
    2:47 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

I agree with Call and #12. Either we are done with recruiting or we will soon be going after Trocha if he indeed reclassifies.

16. thenamerobdigity
    2:53 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

I doubt UK is really going after him.

17. Joey
    2:56 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Tony Trocha is indeed reclassifying to the 2012. It should be complete within the next week or so. Then KABOOM, he is coming to Kentucky.

18. F the dbag
    2:58 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

F this dbag we don’t won’t a big Grezzyoldgranny at our school go to uk and be forgotten

19. Marcus L. Owens
    2:59 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

3. Thank you.

20. The Know
    3:01 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

UK is not interested. Move along please.

21. Maggard
    3:11 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

You you guys were premium subscibers to my site, you would have known a long time ago that Cal was not really interested in Harrell. I get a kick out of people getting excited over a KSR blog about a player Cal is not even recruiting.

22. Another Perspective
    3:16 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

B Howard (comment #4) and his/her self-righteousness aside, I don’t think Cal was ever really interested in this kid. We never heard reports of Cal showing up at his games. This kid MIGHT be able to patch a hole for us this year, but he would be a Twany Beckham on next year’s team.

23. Will S.
    3:19 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

HAHAHAHA, I told you! As soon as he doesn’t commit to UK, the “we didnt want him anyway”, “hes overrated”, “interest from UK’s side has cooled.” Why don’t you just realize that not EVERY player wants to go to a 1-and-done factory? Why would he commit there, not knowing who’s going to be playing, or for that matter coaching, next season? You missed on Shabazz, Amile, and now Montrezl. Not everyone wants to be a part of a puppy mill. Some players DO value academics.

24. Will S.
    3:21 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Watch, as soon as Trocha commits somewhere else or doesn’t reclassify, “we didnt want him anyway”, “hes soft”, “hes overrated, “Trocha is a name that belongs at UL”…. You guys crack me up. Most delusional fanbase in the country, by far.

25. James K
    3:22 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Is it not possible that he sees that he is somewhat of a backup option and that he’ll be immediately recruited over? For a guy that isn’t on the talent level of an Anthony Davis or Nerlens Noel, that factors in. I’m not all that surprised.

26. MKG Fan
    3:30 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

23. Haha – Don’t kid yourself. Players stay in college for 4 years because they suck, not because they like studying for sociology exams.

27. Will S.
    3:31 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

I’m just kidding. I love the Cats and that’s why I’m on their fan site!

28. DPerry
    3:31 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

26) Tell that to UNC’s Tyler Zeller. 4-year player, all-american, and national academic all-american of the year.

29. jpgott2
    3:31 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

23. UK missed on Bennet, but that is it! Jefferson was suppose to choose between N.C. State and Duke in January, but kept on pushing it back, which led to ‘speculation’ that he was waiting to see what Bennet did. It seemed he just wanted the spotlight for his decision. I do not know how UK missed out on Montrez Harrel, as he was listed by his father as a place of interest. Was there ever any interest from Cal? We do not know, but it seems not. All it was, was speculation from the fan-base, since UK missed on Bennet because he wanted to stay home to play ball.
    Congratulations on kicking another player off your team, to make room for your 28th rostered player. UK puts players in the pro’s, while UL just kicks them off the team. L1C4? So that is how it is defined! I hope you get those 2 other players you are going after so Pitino can keep his L1C4 image in tact!!! Toooooo funny.

30. MKG Fan
    3:34 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Will S. – And another thing, some UK fans might be delusional. However, they are fans of the national champions. You are part of everyone else, the group I like to call “not national champions”. You mad?

31. MKG Fan
    3:36 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Tyler Zeller sort of sucked. It took him 4 years to get to be a first round draft pick.

32. Hicks
    3:36 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Time to start making people register to comment again.

33. comebackcats
    3:38 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Will S. First off, if Montrezl does not want to go to UK, it is not because it is a one and done factory. I would bet you any amount of money he will go to the NBA as soon as he is a first round pick (if possible). Second, any player who values academics would never have UL and Cincy at the top of their list. The only thing you got right in your posts is that UK fans will say they don’t want him anyway – That annoys me as well.

34. The Wizard
    3:40 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Maybe Cal knows exactly what he is doing. Maybe, just maybe he does.

35. jpgott2
    3:41 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

24.) How is UK the most delusional fan-base in the Country, when they have the tradition to back it up?
    FACT: UL has 2 Final-4’s in 11 years under Pitino, while Cal has done more in his 3 years at UK.
    FACT: It took a UK fan (Jim Host) to get UL their Yum Center, and the funny thing is UL is struggling to pay for it because the city gave them the power to dictate policy.
    FACT: UK players get sent to the PRO’s, while UL players get pushed to the side for recruiting. L1C4, baby!!!!
    FACT: UL’s football schedule is soo weak that they can go undefeated and not have a chance at getting in the National Championship game. How many teams from the Big-12, SEC or even Big-10 could not sweep that schedule? (How about we replace West Virginia with Temple?)

When was the last time UL won any type of team National Championship? Not talking about Conference championships, as that league is pathetic at everything other then basketball.

36. Gordo
    3:45 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

FACT: Calipari has taken to teams to the final four, only to have them vacated

37. jpgott2
    3:49 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

36.) FACT: its ‘two’ and not ‘to’.

FACT: Cal has won a championship at UK, while UL has not won 1 since the mid-80’s.
    FACT: Chane Behanan will make some bold prediction that will blow up in his face.

38. BlueFins
    3:50 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

#28, There’s a reason why Zeller stayed in school that long. No one at the next level is/was clamoring for him. He may make it to the next level, but he won’t be there very long, probably will join his brother Luke in the development league. He had better save some of that money and use his diploma to sell cars at Enterprise.

If both Tyler and Luke can hold on long enough they can be joined on the Ft. Wayne Mad Ants by Cody. Three local boys bringing the pride to Washington Co.

39. Nice job, moron
    3:51 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

FACT: comebacks work best when you use correct grammar, otherwise you look line a dumbass. Here’s looking at you, 36. “to teams” ha ha ha ha

40. Nice job, moron
    3:52 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

You see what I did there? Line? Told ya so.

41. ThankfulCat
    3:57 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

#36

FACT

Unless Calipari has changed his name to Rose or Camby, the NCAA never found him to have done anything wrong, just 2 of his players. 1 of his players(Rose) was cleared TWICE by the NCAA Clearinghouse before the season started.

There is not a coach in America who would have not played Derrick Rose that year

Your level of stupidity is unmatched on this blog

42. Wasted Money
    4:19 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Huh, and you all say that those of us who pay Maggard are wasting money. This is old news…no big surprise.

43. Richard Paul
    4:22 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

#23 comment from Will, you are just stupid, plain and simple. So I guess all the players that go to Louisville there dreams are to just play there and not the NBA. Get over yourself already.

44. Kyle
    4:29 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Will S. your an idiot anybody who acts like Kentucky is the only school who has fans that complain when a recruit doesnt commit to us is completely ignorant. Plus on top of that Louisville is not that prestigious when it comes to academics except for a few programs that a pretty good

45. 3cats
    4:37 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Harrell rated number 89 ESPN top 100, just because a few people wanted UK to look at the guy doesn’t mean they Coach CAl ever wanted him. I would go after Pollard, still out there rated 28th and has big hops and run the floor. Pollards is not a power player but can play.And #23 if he wants academics he will go to UL for sure. Check out last years team GPA, plus only the top players in each class wants to be a puppy or should I say kitten.

46. Will S.
    4:53 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

So KSR confirms it– Orlando contacted Harrel to put UK’s name into his list of “offers”. He declined. That’s what happens when players don’t want to be a part of a puppy mill.

47. James K
    5:09 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Other people don’t pay for information because it’s stupid to pay for information about college recruiting. You know something a week to two weeks before everyone else? Wonderful. Sit in your tower of prestige and honor for having known what an 18-year-old is thinking with a lighter wallet. Stupid as hell, if you ask me.

48. RICKDICK
    6:01 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Tell montrezellll to take his sorry a** to ul and get his butt spanked liked that guy thats now 0-4

49. gog8ors
    6:13 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

Harrell is going to Louisville. Nothing else to see here folks, move on.

50. Will S.
    6:16 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

I am so happy, I could skip to my lou. I am coming out soon.

51. B Howard
    6:17 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

I find the post that states “a name like Montrezl belongs on the Louisville or Cincy roster anyway” very amusing. I guess that means UK should quit recruiting Jabari Parker. Surely you could not stand a name like Jabari on the UK roster. There are too many UK fans who are just tools…..

52. Duke sucks
    9:18 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

I really didn’t want Harrell. I did want Bennett but I think grade issues hurt him. I thought we would get Jefferson just thought him keep off announcement meant he would go to UK. Don’t want Trocha save for Huge class next year.

53. Marc
    10:51 pm May 22, 2012 Permalink

46, Cal contacted the Croatian kid, brought him in for a visit, but never offered him. That’s why he is at Northwestern. Cal was not interested in Harrell.

54. tacosaucegood
    12:07 am May 25, 2012 Permalink

#48 – Good one, “RICKDICK.” You represent our fan base well.

#7 – “Montrezl is a name that belongs on UofL’s or UC’s roster” – Really bro? That’s not racist or anything…

People, quit giving our rivals reasons to make fun of us…