NIT bracket projection *cringe*

goodwin-uga

I’ll be the first to tell you, I think Kentucky gets a bid to the NCAA Tournament. I know the outlook seem bleak, but there are loads of bubble teams that aren’t doing themselves any favors either. And judging by the blind résumé comparison posted here earlier, many of you think Kentucky has what it takes to beat out a number of other bubble teams too.

But, god forbid, Kentucky’s name isn’t called tomorrow evening during the selection show, here is what we have to look forward to:

NIT-BRACKET

(click for a higher resolution image)

The projection comes from The NIT Bracket Project, which evidently exists to project the field of the National Invitational Tournament… Believe it.

The projection says California, Ole Miss, La Salle, and Tennesse are the last four to make it to the big dance, meaning Kentucky falls to a 1-seed in the NIT. It’s not pretty, I know. We’ll just pretend like this post never happened after we hear Greg Gumbel utter the words “Kentucky” at the CBS anchor desk.

Article written by Stuart Hammer

B.S. Broadcast Journalism from the University of Kentucky. @StuartHammerKSR

104 Comments for NIT bracket projection *cringe*

1. Think positive. This is all!

2. koombaya
    7:07 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

NIT=not interested tournament

3. Keith
    7:11 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Back to Back National Champions

2012 NCAA

2013 NIT

4. headsup
    7:14 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

please please PLEASE do not waste time live blogging any NIT games

5. 8generationsblue
    7:14 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Of course I hope they get in the big dance, but honestly they don’t deserve it. They are not good and I think we all know it. Why have them go to the NCAA Tournament to get bounced out in the first round by 20 pts?

6. Tmack
    7:16 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Glad to see the product of the player first program! Next year might be great but what happens after the entire team leaves again. Hope big blue nation keeps a spot reserved for the NIT every year. But at least we can say hey we’ve got the most players of any school in the NBA. Joke

7. Rae
    7:17 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

At least Matt says it will have to be road games. That way we won’t be in the same city as the NCAAs.

8. headsup
    7:18 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

#6, do you mean every other year? Otherwise your comment makes no sense. If in between each NIT birth is an NCAA championship, sign me up.

9. excellent
    7:18 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

So, who is this CSU that will beat UK according to this bracket?

10. Rae
    7:18 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

6. The entire team isn’t leaving this year. And if the bench is that loaded, not all will go the next year. This is a blip.

11. Big Dog
    7:19 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

We are just going to get embarassed whatever tournament we are in.

12. ha
    7:20 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

I agree with 8 and gonna say what he really wants to say. 6 you are an ignorant troll who obviously has short term memory loss.

13. how do you forget
    7:26 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

how do people forget that the last 3 years have been very sucessful. I mean im not sure on this but we may have the most wins out of every team in the last 3 to 4 years and if not we are up there. Other fans act like just because we have a mediocore year we have been irrelevant forever. And honestly a mediocore year for us is a good year for just about any other team. IU would have done anything 2 to 3 years ago to win 20 games.

14. drdrich
    7:29 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Just Win Baby!

15. Mike
    7:29 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

5. 8genblue….you are right in that we are not good but we should be if everyone would play and coach to the best of their abilities. No, we don’t need the NIT or any other venue because we would lose and further embarrass the university and program. My question for the BBN is that….has there ever been another UK team that has been afraid to fight for most of the season or was dedicated to wear the blue with pride?

16. Tmack
    7:30 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

I am an Idiot come to troll here. Love me!

17. Greg Ostertag
    7:31 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Honestly you people making excuse as to why going to the NIT is okay reminds me of the people that supported BCG after it became clear he was not the guy to lead the program. Top notch programs don’t go to the NIT. Period.

18. Brandon
    7:37 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

After North Carolina won a national championship they were in the NIT the next year as well. It has happened to top tier programs before.

19. BillyRay
    7:38 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

I got another mortgage on my single wide and sold 7 of my dogs to buy tickets to the SEC tourney. All I got left is a rusted out Z-28 and a worm farm. Cal should pay my next six rent payments.

20. mudcreekmark
    7:38 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Sitting here watching some real basketball teams play today. I love the backup point guard for Kansas, Tharpe. In a one minute stretch he made a three and made two great passes for easy baskets. Our whole team hasn’t made two great passes all year combined. You cannot win games when players are not making plays for their team mates. We had 6 assists yesterday. We had 5 and 8 assists in back to back games a few games back. Lowest basketball I.Q. in the history of UK basketball.

21. michael
    7:39 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

I just wanted to say Ryan Harrow was not at fault for the lose of the game. It was the team collectively as a whole. This team hasn’t played with any heart, energy, and pride for the Kentucky across their chest. Granted their are a select few that have, but this (lack of things I mentioned( is how most of the players have played the whole season long. If they had played with the three things I mentioned and got beaten and ended up 21-11 like they have, no one of the Big Blue Nation would be upset, but because they haven’t, that is why we have taken this season so hard. There was just too much talent on the team regularly of freshmens or not. By this time of the season, they aren’t freshmen because of the number of games under their belt. Sorry, I just had to get this off my chest.

22. Al's IndiCats
    7:40 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

You play the hand you’re dealt with, be it the Dance or the shuffle. Where ever we go I’ll root the Cats on reguardless….We’re UK, not IU!

23. MattisaDouche
    7:41 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Last year Matt said uofl and Rick would never have a better year than uk as long as Cal is the coach. He said it was over for Rick. I bet Matt feels like a total [email protected] right now. If he can dish it, he better be prepared to suck it.

24. BillyRay
    7:42 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

I am still not funny. But I will keep trying, as I am desparate and oh, so very lonely…

25. BillyRay
    7:43 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Do you see how funny I can be? I use stereotypes to get attention. Is it working yet? Please pay ettention to me! I am begging…

26. Wow!
    7:44 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

#23-Are you brilliant or what? I will say what…

27. BillyRay
    7:45 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

I love my Catuts. Cayuts…Cayuts….Cayuts.

28. Nice Post
    7:45 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

#21-I appreciate your post. Right from the heart, and it shows.

29. BillyRay
    7:47 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

I am not the brightest bulb, am I? But I want all to see how stupid I am, so I will keep posting.

30. BillyRay
    7:47 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

I have nothing better to do than post here and show my ignorance.

31. Catlanta
    7:48 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Lunardi says uofl is a one seed win or lose. That sucks.

32. BillyRay
    7:48 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

My education includes almost getting to grade 3.

33. BillyRay
    7:50 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

I aint never been on no fanci kollege campus. But I love my caytus. My momma says I can have her trailer one day.

34. 21, everyone has known that all year long. At some point in time we all were wishing that the light would/could go on to get these young guys to play to their potential (like Teague last year) But it hasn’t unfortunately. I will bet Cal will have at least 4 four year players on the bench. But if you recall, Teague wasn’t suppose to go pro last year. We’ll be just fine!

35. BillyRay
    7:51 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

I is a stoopid fool that trolls here because I got no life.

36. BillyRay
    7:52 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

My mommy says I has to get off the compooter now!

37. Mike
    7:57 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Got to thinking about how some of the past successful UK BB alums must feel toward the current group of misfits who have tried their best to disgrace themselves and the university.

38. Gators
    7:59 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Just stopping by to let you boobs know that your team sucks. Have fun in the CBI.

39. Allen
    8:00 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

I get so tired of this shit about players not respecting the name on the front of their jersey. And not playing with heart and pride for that name. That’s just so much BS. Every player plays the game to the best of their ability regardless of what their uniform says. It’s not what’s written on the jersey, it’s not how hard they play, or how hard they try. It’s talent, or lack thereof. This team played to the best of their ability; it’s just that their ability is not so good.

40. Ricky
    8:01 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

With the embarrassing lack of effort that we have continually seen from this group, if they do not make the NCAA tournament let’s just call it good and move on to football. I can’t believe I just said that.

41. 2013 - UK Basketball - Soft Players & Soft Schedules
    8:02 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

I can watch guys with more heart swim laps @ the local YMCA.

– Alex Poythress

– Ryan Harrow

– Kyle Wiltjer

– Willie Cauley Stein

Will never have their jersey hanging from the rafters in Rupp.

Mark my word.

42. Gators Says
    8:09 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

CBI? What? Instead of supporting my team, I thought I would stop by to denigrate yours. Am I classy or waht? I think we know the answer to that question…

43. Gators Says
    8:09 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

I am pathetic.

44. kmart
    8:10 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Why has the comments section of this site been getting taken over lately (more than usual) by morons posting meaningless or “allegedly” funny or cute posts? Can’t an admin delete the ones that are obviously just screwing around? It’s hard to find the posts that may actually be insightful or interesting.

45. Hey Fool!
    8:10 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

#37-Don’t bother posting here until you have something to say.

46. You are Correct
    8:12 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

#44-You make a good point.

47. Michael
    8:12 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Sorry for the repost on 47. My previous post of this wasn’t showing up.

48. Staminchia
    8:12 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Doesnt look good, but until Sunday night therenis still hope.

49. Michael
    8:13 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Sorry for the repost on 47.
    My previous post of this wasn’t
    showing up.

50. Diehardcatfan
    8:13 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Kentucky beat Ole Miss, Tenn, Missouri, and Florida and their all in..Lasalle and Boise State to get in..Our resume is better

51. Mike
    8:13 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

45. Hey Fool….you showed a lot of intelligence with that comment.

52. Hoosiers
    8:14 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Hahahaha this makes me laugh. Have fun in the NIT, bluenecks. Be sure to tune in during April to watch us cut down the nets while we do something that you guys couldn’t… Beat Louisville in the title game! That will be a disgusting day for you CAYTS fans I’m sure. Hahahahaha. One and done in the NIT, losers!

53. NotOleMiss
    8:16 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Ole Miss looks terrible on paper and the only top 50 tram they’ve beaten is Missouri not to mention their 2 losses to Miss St and South Car. Of course if they win tomorrow they’re in, but without that they should not be in. I still don’t see how Missouri and Cincy aren’t bubble teams.

54. Matt Jones
    8:18 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

I’m still laughing at how you goobers step and fetched it for the SECT contest.

55. Paducah Patty
    8:20 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Murray St is not in the NIT?

56. James
    8:22 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

18. It has happened to UKAY before Dufus. 1978 NCAA Champions and then NIT in 1979. Learn about your own team before looking like an idiot talking about others.

57. Diehardcatfan
    8:22 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

How is Missouri a lock????????????

58. FUIU
    8:24 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

#52 how can a team that’s lost 2 of their last 4 gonna make a run to the title. Couldn’t win the Big Ten tourney and won’t win the NCAA tourney. As much as I don’t like UofL, they would destroy IU if you all meet. Since you love staying updates with the best program by visiting our site, you can enjoy watching us cut down the nets next April with our loaded team after you all fail to have a .500 season. This is the best time you’ve had and will have and you still won’t make the final four.

59. Mr. T
    8:25 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

51.. you aren’t allowed to use the word fool you fool. That’s my word, and I pity the fool who uses it!

60. Mr. T
    8:27 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

58.. I pity the fool that thinks Louisville will destroy Indiana. Won’t happen, that’s not to say that Louisville can’t beat Indiana but I can’t see them ever destroying them. Indiana is the best all around team right now I think, and I can see them getting refocused after their Big 10 loss and going on a run. The two favorites for this years tourney have to be Louisville and Indiana, and it pains me to admit that.

61. Hoosiers
    8:28 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

I can’t do much but show my ignorance, so I thought I would. By the way, have you ever been to Indiana? It is one ugly-ass state and I represent it well.

62. Deacon
    8:29 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

UK v. FSU in the finals — The battle for Wiggins!

63. Mike
    8:29 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Yeah-like I show a lot of intelligence. Look at my resume. Ha!

64. Paducah Patty
    8:30 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Hi, I’m a tella – tubby …

65. Hoosiers
    8:32 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Instead of celebrating our team’s latest loss, I wanted to troll here. Is that cool, or what? Our coach is classy too, right? Clappy the Clown! And striped warm-ups! We are nothin’ but awesome. Watch us win a title. Ain’t gonna happen…

66. Just Say No!
    8:32 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Please UK don’t accept a bid to the NIT. Anything less than the NCAA tournament would be uncivilized. If they don’t deserve to go to the NCAA then they don’t deserve any post season play, period, bottom line. Who in their right mind wants to play for a trophy that designates them as the 69th best team in the country? If it’s a mid-major program or less than I completely understand. Let one of the other Kentucky schools take UK’s place and let’s begin the process of getting ready for next season.

67. catfan
    8:33 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Lmao at #52
    You all cut down the nets AFTER A LOSS!!!! The HOOSIERS will lose in the sweet 16 and you all will continue to be irrelevant.

68. GATORS
    8:34 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

I’m taking time out from nailing my sister and aunt to show you all I can pick up women anytime I want, and never have to leave the house.

69. Mark
    8:36 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

No Murray State? Huh…

70. catfan
    8:36 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

#66 you have to decline the NIT bid before the season starts. If you dont want to play in it. You have to declare so before the season starts

71. bluetooth
    8:39 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

pat forde report on yahoo dot com …. he trshed UK … i think i will whip his ass

72. Hoosiers
    8:42 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Ha ha ha, y’all just think because we cut the nets down after a loss AT HOME that we be smarter than you. I’m thankful I have my 11 year old cousin from Kentucky is able to type those words that I’m talkin’ about because I’m so much more smarter than the smartererest peoples in Bloomington where we wear clown suits in warmy up suits> Ha Teld you off good!

73. Big Dog
    8:43 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

I hope UK plays Murray St in the first game of the NIT.

74. DT in DC
    8:45 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

from my quick glance at these teams, out of these teams, we played 4 and lost 3 of them. and our 1 win was against maryland who almost beat us.

75. DT in DC
    8:47 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

i take that back. we played 5 of them and lost 3.

76. Katdaddy
    9:11 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

This team doesn’t deserve a bid! they don’t even deserve to play in NIT! The quicker this team is off all basketball courts the better. They’re not going to show up anyway. So neither should the fans. Who wants to watch this train wreck anymore this year.

77. mashburnfan1
    9:17 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

would be biggest win in history of Charleston Southern

78. 2013 - UK Basketball - Soft Players & Soft Schedules
    9:24 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Lame ass waste of resources.

79. MadTex
    9:24 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Let’s face it the UK WIldcats are a bunch of losers – no will or desire to win. All they care about is themselves and don’t have a clue what team play is all about. The worst offenders are Goodwin, Poythress and Harrow. JERKS!!!!

80. N. O'Stradamus
    9:28 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

@41, yer pickin’ a fight ‘cher not gonna win lassie, what with the blasphemy and pickin on our kids – Mr. long name requred.

81. MORE TROLLS
    10:02 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

This is funny, the trolls now outnumber the fans on this site. Whats more funny, even with the mess that Eddie made of this program, the downward spiral of the ten loss Tubby years, the train wreck that was Billy Clyde and UK HAS WON THREE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS since little bro won way back in 1986 and our pesty neighbor to the north won way back in 1987! Most of the trolls that post on here were not even born when the “teams” they “cheer” for were relevent to ncaa basketball. But please continue your awkward attempts to slam THE WINNINGEST PROGRAM IN THE H I S T O R Y OF THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!

82. You people…
    10:15 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

make me want to sell all of my UK merchandise and never watch another game. I have never seen a bigger group of whining, petulant children who are quicker to attack and criticize 18 YEAR OLD KIDS who play a GAME. Some of you say the most uncalled for, malicious things about these kids and still have the balls to call yourself a fan. They owe you nothing. They are here to play basketball and pursue their dreams. It’s shameful to watch grown ass people say things on the internet that they would never say to these young men in public. Stop making this team the center of your universe, you psychopaths. Enjoy life. Be with friends and family. And for the love of God, show these kids some respect.

83. sad fanbase
    10:32 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

wish there was a way to just have UK students and alum post here. Like, enter a student id # to comment.

84. David
    11:05 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

66 – that is an immature viewpoint. We should be thankful to get an NIT invite with the way we played this season. To turn it down would be arrogant and a slap in the face of our players and the other teams who won’t even get a postseason this year. Be proud but not arrogant.

85. Jacques Tits
    11:05 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

A statistics professor has calculated the odds of UK being mentioned in the same breath as Boise State and MTSU in the Cal era at 15,000,000 to 1

86. crackerhillbilly
    11:21 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

84 – Sounds like you will be the only one listening in if they accept the inevitable NIT bid. I say listening because they don’t televise the NIT do they, except maybe on ESPNXYZ. Just say NO and let the debacle end.

87. Hoosiers
    12:48 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

83, that’s hilarious. you blue losers would only have a small fanbase without your walmart wildcats. just imagine if all of your alums had to try to get into a real school like IU, how small your alumni base would be.

88. William Ward
    1:18 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

Kentucky is still the leader of games won but NC, in second place, will gain several games this season with scheduled and ACC/NCAA tournament wins. If KY could advance deep in the NIT it would help their winning record. If KY is not selected for NCAA tournament the team members should vote to play in NIT.Great exposure in Madison SQ

89. LL Cool J
    1:35 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

I’m going back to the NIT, NIT, NIT

I’m going back to the NIT, NIT, NIT

No, I don’t think so!

UK should not accept an NIT bid. If you can’t play for the opportunity to be the best, no need to bother with the rest. The junior varsity NIT trophy does nothing for the UK legacy. It doesn’t symbolize success by UK standards. If you think UK fans will flock from all over the country to see the Cats compete to be the 69th best team in the country, I’ve got beach front property in Hawaii to sell you.

Jerry Tipton needs to know his role and zip his black hole.

90. Let's Go
    3:02 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

You guys acting disgusted by a possible NIT invite shouldn’t even call yourself fans. If you love the team as much as you claim to, you would want our guys to get as much experience as they can. If all care about is bragging rights, just tune into the last minute of a game and start rooting for the winner. This squad may not be the best, but they still have Kentucky across their chest. If you’re a true fan, that should be good enough for you.

91. Bobby Knight's Shrink
    3:41 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

Here’s hoping Cal turns down the NIT bid, to mercifully get this season over with…these kids don’t deserve to play another game with the Kentucky uniform on !

92. robroy
    7:57 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

66. the 69th best team in the country? what makes you think we’d win the NIT? Ain’t happnin

93. PatMan
    8:20 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

I’m thinking NIT is the destination and probably won’t do to well there either. They are just not a very goood team, but I STILL LOVE THE BIG BLUE !!!

94. markp
    8:47 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

Love the Big Blue but won’t watch them in the loser’s tournament.

95. markp
    8:49 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

87 your are full of it. Hoosiers will fold sooner or later in the tournament this year. Bottom line you haven’t won anything since 1987. Suck on that!

96. UKBlue1!
    10:01 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

I see the UL trolls are out in full force. Pitino has been there for what 11 years? That’s right get your self all worked up. Come back and talk after you win 6 more because its not happening with Siva as your point guard. UK belongs in the NIT. Hopefully, we will be able to play 3-5 games and gain some experience. If the Cats do get NCAA bid it’s most likely 1 and done. Noel’s injury hurt. I think some of the freshman should look seriously to returning. If that happens we have the makings of a great team next year. Go Cats!

97. Tigercat
    10:02 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

NIT? So we can lose to a midmajor loser?

98. Just Say No!
    10:34 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

92 – Please reread what I wrote at 66 and please try to pay attention. “Rollseyes”

99. David
    10:52 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

98 – you don’t deserve to be called a fan. You’ve been spouting the most elitist diatribe I’ve heard in a while. You’ve just insulted most CBB teams out there who won’t be making the NCAA tourney.

100. MadTex
    2:01 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Hey #81 – meet me out back – want to knock some sense into you you TROLL!!!!

101. Just Say No!
    2:58 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

David is a Louisville or Indiana Troll

102. Dutch
    3:58 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Cats will get punked in the NIT! Plain and simple!

103. Dutch
    3:59 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

It will end up being a Gardner-Webb embarrassment!

104. UKAlum
    5:31 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

We are just not deserving. Just remember we lost Nerlens along the way. Take off the top player from any tean and see what happens. Go back and look at the recruits that are left. They were not to team. The only regret is that Shabazz went to UCLA and now they are in!!! I didnt want him to be right