New Year’s Hangover Links

Morning. Happy 2012! Feeling sore after celebrating yesterday’s win and the start of a new year? Me too. I hear the perfect cure for a hangover is two aspirin, water, and reading all of these links:

MKG is a “man among Kidds,” according to CoachCal.com

— John Clay says MKG is Superman.

— Pat Forde even has some nice words for the freshman, who he said “came of age” during yesterday’s game.

— The MKG love just. doesn’t. stop.

— Cal says Terrence Jones is just “not there yet” after his pinky injury.

— Cal also says the Cats fouled because “they were dumb fouls.”

More all day, promise.

29 Comments for New Year’s Hangover Links

1. Wildcat Kyle
    10:09 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

MKG is the Blue Warrior

2. Wildcat Kyle
    10:13 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

If this team could put together back to back quarters the way we all know they can they would be unbeatable.

3. First in 2012
    10:13 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

Wakey-Wakey, Louisville is Fakey!

4. Does anyone know
    10:22 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

Exactly what did coach Cal say in his postgame comments that had people calling in to the show angry? I know it was something to do with signing balls or something.. I heard MJ say he thinks coach would have liked a mulligan on what he said.. Well what did he say?

5. TheTruth
    10:26 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

The Evan Daniels of the world sometimes miss on ranking players. Russ Smith was a lowly 2 star and he looked like the 5 star and not Teague. also, in my opinion, Cal only took Teague to iritate Pitino. Tony Wroton wanted to come here but Cal didn’t want him. That guy is 2 or 3 inches taller than Teague and a much better player. I think he is averaging aroung 16 per game. Taking Teague over Wroten could cost us #8.

6. BigBlueKy
    10:27 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

4) Does anyone know- I think it was when Cal said that the Louisville-Ky game is not that big of a game. It made people angry including Matt.

7. Scott
    10:28 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

Don’t be fooled with another positive Forde article…..he’s just setting us up for the pending hatchet job investigative story on UK…..but he is right on MKG. Go cats

8. RickyPRetirementTour
    10:33 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

TJones was easily the best player in the Blue-white game, with ADavis trying to guard him. I hope he finds that mindset again. Maybe Coach Cal should show him that tape over and over.

9. RickyPRetirementTour
    10:36 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

Cal said something like, the UL game is not anymore important then any other game and UK fans where wrong to think that it is.

10. nolablue
    10:43 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

Did y’all see that hug at the end of the Knicks/Kings game btwn Boogie and Jorts? UK Fam, man. I loved that. Happy BLUE YEAR y’all!
    See you in New Orleans in a couple of months!!! : )

11. Catsforever
    10:49 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

All I know is my dream girl loves Kentucky Wildcat basketball. Otherwise, get out of here. I’d rather be alone. #dumpedbyanidiot

12. Walt "Clyde" Frazier
    10:49 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

Jorts plays 38 minutes and has his first NBA double/double. “AMAZING”

13. Wall2Cousins
    10:53 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

Does ANYONE HAVE VIDEO OF COACH CAL COMMENTS AFTER YESTERDAYS GAME???

14. GrumpyOldDude
    11:00 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

NO love for Jorts this morning??? Come on chicky…..

15. bung
    11:01 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

TJ did a great job on the boards…as far as points go, if you rebound it they will come…

16. BigBlueKy
    11:10 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

13) Wall2Cousins- John Clay has it on his blog. Here’s the link:

17. Jimmy
    11:37 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

15) I totally agree, tj played well, there was a couple of time I yelled in excitement because he grab some nice broads, with force, when the game could swing into Louisville way if he would have got them. So I clap for tj yesterday.

18. d/ckats
    11:41 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

TJ needs to play like

19. Dakich Forever
    11:47 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

J’all see the mighty Hoosiers knock off #2?? No court storming, thankfully. And I don’t think there were any fake “Plaboy Bunnies” in the house either.

74 points seems to be the key for the Hoosiers. Season still young, no guarantees, but those well-wishes for the N.I.T. seem to be misguided at this point. 😉

20. barn
    11:52 am January 1, 2012 Permalink

there’s something evil in that hooosier place

21. Bmac
    12:10 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Unfortunately for Indiana, they have to play road games too, signed Michigan State.

22. bung
    12:18 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

4 pts on fastbreaks from 37 def rebounds….good grief…no wonder the score was low…

23. NCcat
    1:06 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

#20….we don’t ….give a damn!

24. Bigcat4453
    1:18 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

#20 Yeah, IU should get enough home games on the season to get a bid for the tourney !!

25. saki7
    1:32 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

Yes, good for IU. Maybe they’ll make the tourney after all, finally have a little success and lose the chip. Bless their hearts.

26. Dakich has no jockitch
    5:11 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

#22-yeah, down by 18 at MSU, eventaully had the lead up to 9, with just over 11:00 to play in the game. 27 point swing, but just couldn’t hold on. MSU will be there at the end, just like they always are. Izzo is da man. And he has some players.

27. Dakich has no jockitch
    5:12 pm January 1, 2012 Permalink

LOL, can’t win with you donks….”road games, road games!!” Hell, you guys don’t know what a road game is. East Lansing a tough place to play, but I think they’ll win a few on the road.

28. Dcsports
    3:49 pm January 2, 2012 Permalink

16-wasted 5 min of my life reading that. Just let the morons be morons. Saying things like “take Russ smith away and uk wins by 20” just proves UL fans aren’t the only morons. Bottom line, go BIG BLUE…but man sometime I wish out fans didn’t have access to the Internet and free speech!!
    As far as our IU friends go, thanks for stopping by. Doesn’t IU have a site like this where you could talk about the mighty HOOSIERS with people that give a rats ass??
    I truly hope IU gets to the big dance and the committee can give us the rematch that we all want to see!!!