New Drew Barker Highlight Reel from Elite11

Drew Barker can do no wrong these days, and his latest highlight reel proves so. Check out what the folks at Elite11 have compiled of Barker’s play at the Chicago and Ohio Regionals of the Elite11 quarterback competition:

Just to refresh your memory, Barker is one of eighteen finalists for the Elite11 Quarterback Competition. The finals will take place in Oregon later this month.

@KristenGeilKSR

Article written by Kristen Geil

11 Comments for New Drew Barker Highlight Reel from Elite11

1. MadTex
    8:33 pm June 9, 2013 Permalink

With Drew reportedly being as good as people say he is what will happen to Patrick Towles?

2. Kaboom
    8:46 pm June 9, 2013 Permalink

1.) not sure but he’s a grown man so he’ll figure out his successful future, no need to worry about a kid with his level of talent and intangibles. On another note, Drew Barker is a truly special quarterback.

3. Towlboy
    8:52 pm June 9, 2013 Permalink

2… Towles isn’t that good

4. EC
    9:00 pm June 9, 2013 Permalink

Like the way Barker moves in the pocket and still finds receivers downfield.

5. ThatsAShame
    9:15 pm June 9, 2013 Permalink

Clear eyes…

6. andy
    9:17 pm June 9, 2013 Permalink

If this kid wins the starting job over Towles, then someone will have to transfer. I highly doubt Towles is the projected starter this coming season. Drew’s passes look good and he is already familiar with Neal browns system and he can keep a play alive by being very mobile, which is key to Neals offensive system.

7. ukinhc
    10:10 pm June 9, 2013 Permalink

Sometimes you can’t tell a lot about a player from film. You can with Barker… Special.

8. I dunknow'
    11:34 pm June 9, 2013 Permalink

At this point, is Barker no different than what everyone thought about Towles a couple years ago? Optimism can be a blind addiction.

9. Bubby
    8:16 am June 10, 2013 Permalink

7) What can you tell about Barker from this film? He doesnt look smooth when he throws on the run. He is not overly athletic. He is well hyped I will give him that.I think we as fans are setting this kid up to be a All American because he had an offer from S.C. I didnt see many other big boys knocking the door down. I hope he has a great career. I have seen him play on a few times. I think he is a very good high school QB but a savior I dont buy it.

10. NL
    8:48 am June 10, 2013 Permalink

QB transition to college does not always go as planned. It is the one spot on the field that there remains some mystery. I hope Barker does well but with QBs, I have to see it to believe it.

11. ukinhc
    10:40 am June 10, 2013 Permalink

at no point did I say that this is the only film I have saw of Barker.