Nerlens Noel “Purposely” Trips Texas A&M Player

If you were to file this accusation, it would go under “most ridiculous accusation of February 2nd, 2013”.  In the above video Nerlens Noel is accused of “purposely tripping” a Texas A&M player. Seriously.  It’s pretty clear that Noel does nothing but change his step pattern when the Texas A&M player stepped in front of him, causing accidental contact.  The only thing this video proves is that people will leave no stone un-turned when hating on Kentucky. It may be a new year and a different team, but the hate remains.

Article written by Jonathan Schuette

64 Comments for Nerlens Noel “Purposely” Trips Texas A&M Player

1. Fufu
    2:34 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Thumbs down this crap to hell guys.

2. Lolz
    2:35 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

^

3. foul
    2:35 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

I think the hold on the rebound attempt is much more obvious.

4. Lolzy
    2:35 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

That’s a good one

5. Nelson Muntz
    2:35 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Ha Ha

6. TrinityPills
    2:40 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

I was at the game sitting in the nosebleeds with two other UK fans. We all thought it looked like he did it on purpose from our poor vantage point. Either way, no foul called.

7. Rixter
    2:43 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Why give credence to the claim by posting this?

8. LINK
    2:43 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Here’s the link so you can Thumbs Down it to oblivion.

9. Scout
    2:44 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

This is on the front page of Espn’s website. I think this is BS of espn to do that to Nerlens Noel.

10. medal
    2:52 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

if he did that on purpose then he’s the slickest SOB ever and should be given a medal.

11. BBN#1
    2:54 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

#9 you either go to a different espn then i go to or its no where to be found

12. Eric
    2:54 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

ESPN is FULL of BS they do to Kentucky. At least they’re consistent though. I have never figured out the bias ESPN has against UK. Just like Fox news is a danger to the well being of this country, ESPN is a danger to the well being of sports. Hard to boycott a monopoly though.

13. Ridge Runner
    2:56 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

11-agreed. Either that or it has been taken down in the last 15min.

Anyway, tripping happens a lot in basketball. 9 times out of 10 it’s unintentional. Next story?

14. RuppSays
    3:01 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Fox News Rules!!!!

15. Catlanta
    3:02 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

12, good point and add MSNBC coming from the other extreme too. Don’t pick and choose as there is always 2 sides of extremes.

16. UKinTN
    3:03 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

I agree #9. That is pretty lame to post a video like that on their main page and shrn you switch to the college basketball page. There is no video evidence that he did anything malicious. 11 and 13, I accessed espn on my mobile so I don’t know if there is a difference between mobile and PC. It is most certainly there with the headline. The on educated UK hater will take that and run with it.

17. Ridge Runner
    3:05 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

16) thx and that (mobile) explains it. I’m going from a laptop and it’s not there. Gotcha.

18. UKinTN
    3:05 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Shrn = when and supposed to be “non-educated hater.”

19. Scout
    3:08 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

It is on espn NCAAB. It is still there but lower down the page in videos. The video is titled “Nerlens Noel purposely Trips Texas A&M player”

20. Taddy
    3:10 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

What you do is tell Espn we don’t need you to help with national press. Do not interview our guys, do not expect a behind the scenes tv show, don’t ask for anything cause we don’t need it. If you’re going to call out an 18 year old kid you better be right. Don’t say he did it on purpose cause you don’t know for sure so F off. We have never needed national pub. BBN does it for us.

21. Taddy
    3:14 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Ill also say no one would see it nationally if these pin heads at ksr would stop f’n putting it on their page. Like you need it on the page. Now it’s going to go viral in fl, Cali, Etc…dumbass newbie

22. Gavin S.
    3:16 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Yeah well, that’s nothing compared to the game clock operator intentionally letting the clock run long so the refs would stop the game and let TAM set up the press.

23. EC
    3:19 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Who posted this video? Pete Thamel?

24. The Problem
    3:27 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

The issue I have with this is that Noel has absolutely no incidents in his past to warrant this sort of presumptive headline. Had this been Cousins at this point in the season, I think it is fair to pose the question. I have witnessed nothing from Nerlens Noel suggesting that he is anything other than respectful of the UK program, the opponent (generally), and specific players on the opposing team. This is “journalism” at its worse and the folks at ESPN should issue an apology. I won’t be holding my breath, however.

25. Cotton Mash
    3:28 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Thank God I have my Wildcats to love because I’m getting
    sour in my old age… hate the media, hate refs, talking-heads,
    “new” country music…

26. ESPN
    3:32 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

This video is nowhere to be found on ESPN. Thanks for trolling, Scout.

27. the Big Dog
    3:34 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

How many times did A&M players undercut our rebounders while they were in the air? And what was called: walking or jump ball.

28. Yitbos
    3:35 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

I found it rather easily on their mobile page.

I don’t see him doing anything on purpose, just feet getting in the way accidentally

29. kenny powers
    3:37 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

If theres anything I hate its f*ckin soccer and I don’
    t like it when people do it around me

30. Isaac in Long Beach
    3:46 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

It most certainly was on ESPN’s site. I was able to see it from mobile and desktop last night. Haven’t tried today. Either way, that is slander and they should be sued.

31. Blueswade
    3:52 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

okay…so this is news?…..maybe he did it on purpose, maybe not…. I don’t know,
    but ESPN is also ignoring…..
    the scandal at unc ……ON PURPOSE !!!!!!
    Corey Magette….ON PURPOSE !!!!
    $100,000 worth of jewelry….ON PURPOSE !!!!
    a whole lot of other bigger chit….ON PURPOSE !!!!

32. Inspector Underwear
    3:55 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

#6 I’m not going to call you a liar, even tho that would be easy to do but I find it difficult to believe that a UK fan would agree that NN did it on purpose. You and your 2 UK fan friends just happened to be looking at NN instead of following the ball? Sure you did.

33. Truth
    3:59 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

To be honest it does look intentional. A retaliation to the no call on the kid who practically broke Nerlens arm on the hold on the box out. But for espn to call it out like this is a sickening bias. I wish another sports network would emerge and we could be done with these sickening bas&&rds!!

34. Still the best
    4:03 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Looks like he tried to keep from running into the guy, took a half step and clipped him.

35. Blueswade
    4:07 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Yeah, Nerlins is clearly a thug.
    When he’s not at local hospitals visiting with sick kids he can
    be found at your nearest basketball court tripping opposing players ‘seemingly’ on purpose.

It’s a good thing we have other upstanding players for ESPN to slobber all over like….
    oh i dont know……..Marshall Henderson at Ole Miss maybe….he’s a ‘real’ good kid.

ESPN….You are a joke!!!

36. BS
    4:17 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Nonsense! ESPN “reporting” is a pathetic excuse to stir up trouble…they have no more credibility than 6th grade “mean girls.” Not a big surprise from an organization that would employ BK.

37. Pitta
    4:28 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

He did trip dude on purpose though.

38. KYWildcat04
    4:38 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

from the video it does look like he intentionally trip him.

39. therealdeal
    4:46 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Im a Carolina fan and even I say there is no way that was intentional. And it was not on ESPNs home page, ncaa basketball page, or anywhere in the recap of the game.

40. Bbn
    4:58 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Didn’t look intentional

41. Bbn
    4:59 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Looked like dude tripped over his flat top

42. Lisa
    5:02 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

#16. Sorry just looked. Not there.

43. ESPN mobile
    5:10 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Its still there and has been all day. I’m looking on phone. So, maybe it only shows up on ESPN mobile. Scroll down. It’s under ESPN video. The Latest tab.

Lame attempt to cut down Nerlens. Headline to video says “Nerlens Noel Purposely Trips Texas A&M Player”.

44. Lisa
    5:17 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Sorry, bro looked on my iPad. Not there. But who really cares. Was not intentional. Kid has too much class.

45. UK Freshmen
    5:30 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

I’ve often wondered what it would be like to be a fan of a team/coach that EVERYONE hates. Can’t be too much fun. No matter what they say.

46. Uk fan
    5:39 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

It most certainly was on espn. It was on espn mobile. Saw it last night and coukdnt believe the headline. Noel has done nothing to this date for this to be a story

47. Tardy
    5:40 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Just because you idiots don’t know how to see it!!!

48. Titans
    5:44 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

I am just a 40 something mom who loves UK and KSR. It is on the mobile ESPN site under videos. Have to hit “more” to get to it. Now, I do realize that I live in Indiana and you people in Kentucky can’t read, so just look for the pic of the dude with a flat top.

49. EC
    5:52 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

45) We embrace their hate. They hate us only because they’re jealous.

50. Scout
    5:53 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

#26. Thanks for calling me a troll! I now feel that I am a super fan because I am a diehard uk fan in all sports. It is or was on espn. That is where I first saw it. I was on my mobile. I just looked it is still there! Espn + NCAAB = Nerlen

51. bellcocatfan
    6:34 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Bob Knight “I think the turnover margin usually reflects the team that has less turnovers”… SERIOUSLY???? Everything that moron says makes me wonder why he is not in a retirement home.

52. d/c cat
    6:52 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Is that the same player that undercut noel. Nerlin should have stuck that big foot up his ass.

53. BrandonB
    6:55 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

espn is not making it easy to find, but google “espn nerlens noel purposely trips player” and you’ll see it. Very easy to find on mobile, about the 3rd headline.

54. lisa'sdumb
    7:08 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

44… Lisa, an ipad is not a MOBILE PHONE. Go on ESPN MOBILE and it is there. Has been all day

55. lisa'sdumb
    7:09 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

And be sure to use your phone… derp

56. lisa'sdumb
    7:10 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

If you still can’t find it after all that then see my post name

57. bellcocatfan
    7:11 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

#52 I agree. They should be reporting how A&M tried to hurt Nerlin thu out the whole game with cheap shots.

58. AbbyNormal
    7:15 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Wow. Give me a break. He wasn’t tripping him. Someone has way too much time on their hands. If Nerlens wanted trip him, he would’ve.

59. Dandy Don
    11:36 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

Its always funny when slow untalented white guys fall down…am I right?

60. TrinityPills
    11:51 pm February 3, 2013 Permalink

32 -from the top of the arena it isn’t hard to follow all of the action on the court, or at least one side of it. I drew my two friends’ attention to it by bringing up that Nerlens was being wrapped up on rebounds by the guy guarding him. As I said that, he chopped his steps and then the guy tripped and fell. That’s why I was looking at him. Not sure if that’s why they were or not.

61. Buddy Love
    9:09 am February 4, 2013 Permalink

Watch the video again. The A & M player trips over his own feet.

62. LP
    9:23 am February 4, 2013 Permalink

If nothing more but for the sake of my own amusement, I really hope Nerlens indeed tripped this dude on purpose.

63. WTF
    10:08 am February 4, 2013 Permalink

Hell yeah he tripped him on purpose, he even looked down to make sure he got his foot and took short steps to time it right!

64. CatFanInLou
    10:10 pm February 4, 2013 Permalink

It’s preposterous to suggest that was intentional – if anything he slowed to avoid the guy. The ref was right there. Nerlens is a class act.