Nerlens Noel is official

John Calipari announced today that Nerlens Noel is now an official member of Kentucky’s 2012 class. He got his paperwork signed and submitted and he’s ready to starting blocking shots.

Cal added this:

“I’ve been blessed three times in my career to have a player that can change the game without really scoring with Marcus Camby, Anthony Davis and now Nerlens Noel. I will tell you that Nerlens, just like Anthony, is not a finished product. He’s got a lot of work to do and we have a lot of work to do to get him to where I think he’s capable of being, but he is a special player who I am ecstatic to have an opportunity to work with.”

Go Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

14 Comments for Nerlens Noel is official

1. CountBlockula
    5:22 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

Three! Three elite shot blockers!

2. tltaworl
    5:24 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

He didn’t call him the Flat Top Feller? What gives?

3. REAL BLY
    5:42 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

BOOM!!! #9!!!

4. Marty
    5:46 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

Coach Cal thank you again for being our coach at the University of Kentucky. While I am excited that Nerlens is now apart of the Wildcats, I am equally excited that you will not only develop Nerlens as a basketball player but grow as a person to. Coach your desire to help these men in all facets of their life is awesome. We at Big Blue Nation are so proud of you and your coaching staff for what you do day in and day out. Speaks volumes of who you are and whose you are. May God bless you and the coaching stafff, and families.

5. nassau65
    5:47 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

Welcome home, big fella!

6. Anthony Davis
    5:47 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

Tomorrow afternoon (april 20th) Anthony Davis will be doing a autograph session at Elizabethtown mall from 5-8. Minimum purchase required. More tour dates to be announced.

7. The real Coach Cal
    5:50 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

Thank you, Marty. I appreciate your kind words.

8. WhatSheOrder?FishFilet?
    5:50 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

6… after party at Shoney’s

9. FlatTopFeller
    5:53 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

uofl says they aint worried & its their year to beat the cayts. bc they say this kid cant be as good as AD. #doworkflatoptfeller

10. SoKySam
    6:07 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

I think I just now realized he had earrings.

11. BigBlueCats
    6:08 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

9-thats their way of saying….”we suck so bad we dont have confidence all the other times when we do lose. We have to pray for UK to have a down year to beat them even if we are pre-season top 5 with most of our team returning”. UL fans crack me up. They wonder why they are referred to as Little Brother. Do you think Duke or UNC fans are telling fans from the opposite team that “this may finally be the year”. Ha Ha (while pointing finger and laughing like Nelson from Simpsons)

12. Marcus L Owens
    6:27 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

We ready.

13. poopmasterflex
    6:37 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

i bet when nerlens mom yells his name it sounds like “new orleans” or “nawlins”

14. Han
    7:38 pm April 19, 2012 Permalink

9) Remember when some of them were saying Dieng was going to put the raw frosh Davis in his place? Davis would get pushed around all year and never amount to much.

It’s like these people are blind when watching UK play. It’s not a fluke that Cal recruits and coaches great players.

2011 was our down year when Jorts blew up all over Louisville, and they honestly thought we wouldn’t be better this past year.