Neal Brown to UK? 247 Sports recruiting analyst thinks so.

Neal “Touchdown” Brown has agreed to be the next offensive coordinator at the University of Kentucky, according to a Texas Tech recruiting analyst for 247 Sports. The tweet says an announcement won’t come until Wednesday.

KSR can’t confirm the report but we do know Stoops is talking to Brown this morning about the job. FootballScoop.com doesn’t think the decision will be made today.

We’ll keep an eye on it.

Article written by Drew Franklin

33 Comments for Neal Brown to UK? 247 Sports recruiting analyst thinks so.

1. Waynecat4BBN4Ever
    11:35 am December 4, 2012 Permalink

This is great ! I sure hope that everybody is patient it may take him a while but he sure is ennergetic and seems to want to be hear . That makes me excited about football , GO BLUE !

2. thegr8one
    11:35 am December 4, 2012 Permalink

Welcome back Neal and welcome back the Tony Franklin System!

3. Aaron
    11:36 am December 4, 2012 Permalink

I’m wondering who’s going to be our new Special Forces coach.

That aside, this is shaping up to be a young, exciting coaching staff. Pumped about next season, but even more pumped about the season after that, once these guys have had time to do some recruiting.

4. Waynecat4BBN4Ever
    11:37 am December 4, 2012 Permalink

Yeah I forgote welcome back Neal once a cat always a cat !

5. Buckwild
    11:38 am December 4, 2012 Permalink

So we “Out-Nealed” Texas Tech?

6. billy
    11:39 am December 4, 2012 Permalink

Well lets start getting some recruits in here. I am excited about brown and hope this report is true. I looked at the top 150 of recruits and think UK could be in the running with a couple of those guys.

7. Chad Scott
    11:44 am December 4, 2012 Permalink

I want to come too!

8. Stoop doggydog
    11:46 am December 4, 2012 Permalink

Hey Matt, is dj Eliot getting started immediately or coaching the orange bowl?

9. Dj diddles
    11:48 am December 4, 2012 Permalink

Ksr can’t confirm because ksr has no sources. It was reported a week ago that brown would most likely be at uk along with chad scott. Get some real sources so you can stop stealing info from others.

10. Scratch this Dj Diddles
    11:52 am December 4, 2012 Permalink

#9- I think they broke the news of Stoops coming to Kentucky…

11. DHo
    11:52 am December 4, 2012 Permalink

Chill out 9. They credited their source. Go unwad your panties.

12. Mr Obvious
    11:54 am December 4, 2012 Permalink

Gotta love it when it’s a “done deal”

13. Lee Todd
    11:54 am December 4, 2012 Permalink

9) You do know KSR broke Stoops as coach. They are a real source.

14. snake pliskin
    11:54 am December 4, 2012 Permalink

#6 That just strikes me as funny. In basketball, we would run Calipari out of town if we thought he could “be in the running” for anything less than a top 25 recruit. In FB, I guess that is reality … we “hope” that UK can “be in the running” with “a couple” of the top 150. LOL Just can’t help but wonder what that really changes. UK in the running for a couple top 150 recruits while the rest of the SEC actually SIGNS 90% of the top 150. Time will tell… will Stoops win SEC games or will he simply “not lose as bad”.

15. BFrey
    11:54 am December 4, 2012 Permalink

This is equally as important as the HC hire. Good to have a former Cat back in the fold.

16. Horse Racing Industry Guy
    12:01 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

10. That’s a load of crap. I was the one who broke the news about Stoops to UK, while Matt still wouldn’t accept it. Go listen to the pod cast on that day, 11/27. Go to the 13:30 mark. Yet they take all the credit.

17. Joe
    12:03 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

will Stoops win SEC games or will he simply “not lose as bad”.

A little of both…right now we can beat Arkansas, Vandy, Tennessee, Mizzou, don’t you think.

For the moment we’ll lose to South Carolina and Florida, Georgia, and the like…

3 Conference wins and 3-4 non-conference are certainly doable….the next hurdle is winning 8-10 games per season. That’s going to require all 3-4 non-conference and at elast half of the conference games.

But, we could have won 6-7 games this year, save for injuries and coaching….

18. Joe
    12:05 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

And Jones said, he wanted to agree with you, the next day, but hadn’t gotten confirmation…..he knew/suspected on the day of “your” call. Go listen to the following podcast.

19. lawnorder
    12:08 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

KSR no sources? Gotta be that damn Tubby’s fault

20. I am always right
    12:10 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

#9- I right now will claim that all all coaches, past, present or future will coach at UK (ecept the ones that wont). I will always be right and no one can take credit and say that I am not the original source.

21. Dj diddles
    12:12 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

13 – they did not break the story. A couple hours before ksr even said anything, this same guy called it as well as who would be coaching with him. Don’t let your undying love for matt jones blind you from seeing that other people have sources better than he does.

22. DHo
    12:13 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

I can’t believe how much tyler had to sleep with matt jones in order to get a full time job. Crazy how someone with so little talent in writing can work her way up through the bedroom

23. snake pliskin
    12:14 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

#17 We can beat Arkansas (not on our schedule, replaced with Bama), Vandy, UT or Mizzou? No, I don’t think. Yes, we were plagued with injuries and questionable coaching. No, we should not have been blown out by Ark/Vandy and beaten handily by UT and Mizzou. But again, I don’t really think Stoops makes up 40 points vs. Ark/Vandy and no, I’m not sure we can beat UT/Mizzou. Beating UT once in 26 years gives you confidence? I’ll just say this… when you say 3 conference wins are doable…I’ll just have to see it to believe it. Could have won 6 or 7 games this year? Losing Maxwell Smith was the biggest factor in a losing season, but again, did we ever beat the spread? Did we not just get completely blown out in most games? Is this the first UK staff this has happened to? Nope, happened to Curry/Mumme/Morriss/Brooks… most of them back to Curci.

24. Han
    12:41 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

9) Well, conspiracy douchebags, either Matt is Barnhart’s puppet, and thus his source is better than yours, or he knows nothing. Which is it, people?

You’re as bad as the people who said we had run off an elite coach in Tubby, but we weren’t an elite program anymore.

25. Pretty in pink
    12:45 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

24 – great analogy, dude. You really showed him. With logic like that, I bet you are the smartest UL fan ever. When did he say anything like that? Wow, you’re the best. You get an F for effort

26. ruppcrazy
    12:45 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

Anyone else think that picture makes Neal look a lot like Jeff Gordon?

27. Otis from Eminence
    1:22 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

This site operates on the 80/20 rule. 80% of posts/replies are informative and 20% is pure dog shit.

28. Hahahehe
    1:24 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

Actually, if you change those numbers then it would be correct. Trolls like yourself just kill this site

29. Musehobo
    1:30 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

Damn, the trolls are out in full force today. Mad hate for TT and MJ coming from everywhere. Stop making us look like idiots.

30. Musehobo
    1:32 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

I slept with matt jones more than tyler did and I got nothing for it. How come tyler got a job and I am stuck here on this comment section? Boo hoo

31. Jim
    1:35 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

You guys do realize it was @recruitkentucky who broke the news on Stoops Monday afternoon, right? I hate when people say it was KSR. They don’t have any sources. Recruit Kentucky said Brown was coming to Kentucky, and possibly Scott too. That’s what I’m going by.

32. No way
    1:39 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

31 – blasphemous! Only ksr knows all and if they don’t know then someone else is lying. Matt jones’ big head can’t possibly be wrong. Prepare to be berated by the jonesenites for speaking bad of their master.

33. Pop