Nazr Mohammed gets another year in the NBA

ap-aptopix-heat-bulls-basketball-x-large

Big news for Kentucky’s most veteran NBA player. According to CSNChicago’s Aggrey Sam, Nazr Mohammed will return to the Bulls for one more year, agreeing to a one-year, veteran minimum deal.

Nazr discussed the happy news on Twitter:

It was an easy decision because I really enjoyed my teammates, coaching staff, management and the fans. I felt that we exceeded everyone’s expectations but our own. I decided to return to the city that I was born and raised in to play my 16th season. Looking forward to going to battle with a group of guys who never made excuses and just tried to find a way to win. Can’t wait to play for the Bulls again next season #SeeRed #BullsNation #Holdat

16 years in the NBA. Wow. Seems like just yesterday Big Nazr was running behind the bus at Kentucky trying to work off some lbs.

Not Jerry Tipton gives us a little perspective: Nazr was playing at Kentucky before 2014 commit Karl Towns was even born.

9 Comments for Nazr Mohammed gets another year in the NBA

1. cracka
    12:39 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

that’s good follow through on that push, nazr! don’t back down, bro!

2. BBNinClearwaterFL
    12:51 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

$1,352,181 for one year, not bad Nazr! Hope he has invested his money wisely as he;s nearing the end of his career.

3. GoForIt
    12:57 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

Not JT…one of the most out played things on here. Wow that last line was sooooo funny.

4. Bret
    1:00 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

He deserves the contract just for that push, that was awesome! I know Lebron is a UK/Calipari fan, but he’s such a whiney baby when he plays and doesn’t get the foul call that he expects.

5. Nazr Fan
    1:08 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

Nazr will retire when they take the basketball from his could dead hands, not before. Keep going Nazr, and thanks for the time at UK, especially for that layup in the Vandy game.

6. Laker Cat 18
    1:38 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

2. Somewhere Antoine Walker is shaking his head.

7. Gabe
    2:58 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

Let’s Go Heat! Let’s Go Heat! Let’s Go Heat! Let’s Go Heat! Let’s Go Heat! Let’s Go Heat! Let’s Go Heat! Let’s Go Heat! Let’s Go Heat!

8. Ukbradstith
    3:36 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

Heck, Nazr was probably in the NBA before Townes was even born!

9. Lebron Flop
    8:49 am July 3, 2013 Permalink

I play golf at the same club in Louisville as Nazr and he is a class individual. I saw him last night on the range and joked with him about Lebron. He said he pushed him pretty hard but Lebron probably weighs 30-40 more pounds than him and he fell like a sack of potatoes.