Moving on without Wiggins (Wednesday Show Thread)

moving-on-quotes-08

Good morning and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, we turn the page on the Andrew Wiggins saga and get back to more important things, like talking about our upcoming national championship run, the growing momentum in football, and of course, random stuff.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Topics include:

On Delay…

WBGN (1340 am) Bowling Green 3-5 pm
WKFC (101.9 fm) London 6-8 pm
WLBQ (1570 am) Morgantown 3-5 pm
WRIL (106.3 fm) Middlesboro Thur 8-10 pm
WKYQ (1560 am) Paducah 5-7 pm

226 Comments for Moving on without Wiggins (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    9:57 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Not too big of a deal that we missed out on Wiggins…the only thing that worries me a little bit, is that we go on this ‘Revenge Tour’ only to see Kansas get their Revenge in the Tournament next year. What an interesting National Championship that would be if it happens. Cal vs Self III, rematch of the 2012 Championship, and the whole Wiggins storyline, etc.

2. Noah Wylie
    9:57 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Matt, Do you have any info on where Andrew Wiggins is going to go?

3. Archie goodwin falls alot
    10:02 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Maybe we could talk about how sh**** of a president we have!

4. Joey
    10:03 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Matt,
    What was the Harrison Twins video about that Wiggins did not like?

5. Demo1975
    10:03 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Kyle and especially Alex just became very important for next year. We can’t afford their effort and inconsistency again this season.

6. Travis
    10:03 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

#3….then listen to fat Rush in a few hours and go away.

7. Archie goodwin falls alot
    10:04 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

#4 Someone in the back ground said F andrew wiggins we don’t need him

8. realme
    10:06 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I’m at that point in the off season that I am listening to old episodes of KSR to avoid withdrawal. It has been really interesting to re-listen to all the “Western can’t beat Ky”, and “as long as we win 5 games, we should keep Joker”. What a difference a few months makes. Also, LJ was even more obnoxious than I remembered. Glad he stopped calling.

9. Archie goodwin falls alot
    10:06 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I’m gonna listen to him just gonna catch ksr first.. Thanks for the reminder though

10. Duhville Cat
    10:06 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

*** Newest member of BBN born on May 15th at 1:47 am.
    My granddaughter Olivia. 7lbs 7oz – 19.5 in long. XD
    …. And to think they were this close to naming her Wiggins. HA!
    Go Cats!

11. Stafford
    10:06 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

So, now that Wiggins is behind us, is there any chance that Cal uses that spot to bring in someone else? Is there a piece of the puzzle that he’d still like to have from a transfer? Like a shooter?

12. Mack
    10:06 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I can see Young getting alot more playing time.

13. UK_JB
    10:07 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I think some UK fans should be ashamed of themselves.
    People get over Rush… he was on 840 AM… It covers the state!

14. Thanks Matt
    10:07 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Just want to say Thanks for a wonderful show yesterday!
    It was an awesome! Maybe the best show I’ve listened to and I’ve been a loyal listener for a year or so!

Thanks Matt and Crew!

15. Austininclass
    10:09 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Im listening to KSR at Madisonville North Hopkins High School! Home of Drew Franklin and lake hair dont care Jon Hood

16. L3C8
    10:09 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

What’s this I hear of Coach calling a press conf @ 11? I HOPE it is to address our handful of fans that act tough behind a comp or phone an tweet these kids OVER THEIR DECISION. #GOTTASTOP

17. Trill
    10:09 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

More proof Matt hates football. 3-hour show for one basketball recruit, but when football recruiting starts to pickup its time for summer shows.

18. badgercat
    10:09 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Matt, you’ve mentioned that it could be a possibility that UK and Cal might look for another ‘fifth’ year player ala Julius Mays over the past month or so. Any updates or thoughts on that? Great show yesterday, BTW. Great show.

19. Syrin
    10:10 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Good gracious you all are INSANE !! Stop mourning the loss of some flaky high school student and CELEBRATE the IMMENSE TALENT we have coming in! We are STILL very likely to run the table and the odds on favorite to win it all. Ask Kevin Durant how easy it is to win basketball games against talented teams all by yourself. Memphis is going to move on past OKC, and we’ll destroy Kansas, especially late in the season. Wiggins won’t develop anywhere NEAR the potential he could have had he come to UK because he will be playing against much less talented, and smaller players. Our practice sessions will look like the practice sessions of most NBA teams. Please stop discussing the Wiggins kid any more. He would have been extra icing on a cake already LOADED with icing! Wiggins will not be the number 1 pick next year unless it’s all based on potential. I think one of our studs will be because you are going to see tremendous improvements across the board. If this group can unleash the beast in Poythress, and WCS continues to develop with this talented freshman class, and Witljer gets left open on the wing without pressure, then WATCH OUT !!

20. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:12 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

We needed that stone cold killer last year…should have been Alex.

21. Archie goodwin falls alot
    10:13 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

19 i agree we may win it but we are not gonna run the table thats just stupid.. There are some very good teams out there.. Michigan st, Louisville, North Carolina, Florida, Kansas, Duke, Ariona…. Win it all maybe but run the table not happenin..

22. 2 Harrisons...
    10:13 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

better than 1 Wiggins!! #BBN

23. Scooby
    10:13 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Yeah we missed on Wiggins…but What did UK NEED for this next year? Physicality and guys with a motor and a will to win. We got that in the Harrisons and Randle…The injury changed Randle, and he is just as much if not more physically imposing than Wiggins…Wiggins was like the second cherry in a decked out banana split…We still got this

24. realme
    10:14 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I love the killers, and the fact that we did get Randle to play with them is a major bonus. I’m all in absolutely.

25. Mash Davis
    10:14 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Wiggins didn’t come to UK because I don’t think he would have been comfortable with the pressure and spotlight that will be thrust on these guys at all times next season. He didn’t look for the spotlight and actually shied away from it through this entire process. He wouldn’t be able to hide if he was in Lexington, whereas he may be able to do that in Lawrence.

26. CJ
    10:14 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

You may not want to comment on this but could you talk about how Dan Dakich was clearly giddy over UK not getting Wiggins and then continue to make fun of UK fans for the rest of the day? I assumed national media people would not do this but was wrong.

27. UK2K
    10:15 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

The way you treated that soldier yesterday was dissapointing Matt.

28. bosshog
    10:15 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

This morning I’m not at all confident that this site will be able to turn the page on Wiggins. I think we’re going to continue to see numerous references to him on a regular basis, and he’ll be followed about as much as Shabazz and others who’ve refused to “submit” to the will of BBN. I want to challenge KSR to voluntarily give up Andrew Wiggins today…no more posts or references for at least 2-3 months. I think this will be a good challenge. However, because Wiggy has been like the middle school girl that developed early, who you couldn’t quit thinking about, I’m not confident the challenge can be met. But please, no more Wiggins, let it go!

29. inlinefor9
    10:15 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Andrew Harrison might end up being one of my favorite players of all time. He carries himself almost like Big Cuz. On the court it looks like he doesn’t just want to beat you, it looks like he wants to humiliate you and it’s awesome. He carries himself like a star.

30. UK2K
    10:16 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Chris Frey a 3 Star Lb out of Columbus Ohio is deciding today at Noon. Its between UK and Michigan State

31. Burr
    10:17 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Randle > wiggins

32. Scooby
    10:18 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

31- Its Mich St, Kobie took his spot

33. Fake_Bill_Bad_Lamb
    10:18 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

How many is Tractor Trailer down to now? 4100? That’s my point of view.

34. Edd
    10:18 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I think we have to admit, as UK fans, most players we hated are players we would secretly love to have on our team. Except for any FL player, of course.

35. Scooby
    10:18 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

However, Denzel Ware is warming back up to UK again….

36. L3C8
    10:20 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Gonzales twins r SO HOT

37. Brandon
    10:21 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Matt – Spot on man. Absolutely spot on this morning concerning Wiggins/Twins. It does not appear as if Wiggins and the Twins are big fans of each other and that probably did seal the deal Wiggins was not coming here. So the only question becomes would you have rather had Wiggins or the Twins. Wiggins is better than either one of them but not better than both of them put together IMO. The question doesn’t matter anyway because we have no choice. We have the Twins. Kansas has Wiggins so what Josh Hopkins said and what you have said this morning is 100% spot on. Let’s move on and get behind the Twins.

38. WEAREUK
    10:22 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

34. Could be, but need 4LBs so theres still room

39. PatrickB
    10:22 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Hey guys I just wanted to say yesterday was by far my favorite show of all time. The Dude has been killing lately with the intro and outro lately and deserves a permanent ban on tjones teach me bout Kentucky.

40. Rockfield, KY
    10:22 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

The Gonzalez twins look like ghetto lesbians to me

41. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:22 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

All in with Twins
    Young is the top gun
    James Lee plays for you and me
    Landed Randle without a scandal
    Derek Willis is the next Jay Bilas
    Hawkins is going to have em’ talkin

42. inlinefor9
    10:23 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

#35 I’d agree with that. With the exception of Noah. He’s too ugly to like. Like frustrating to look at ugly. He’s just annoying.

43. The Real Smitty
    10:23 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Matt stop it. I live here in Texas and believe the twins are great top-level D1 talent. But they are not the unstopable force you are making them out to be and is putting unjust pressure on them. I didn’t lsten to all the rumors of them being selfish (on the court) and prima donas but now I have my doubts. We’ll have to see how Cal handles them AND their dad.

44. inlinefor9
    10:23 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

meant #36 sorry

45. StoopsTroops
    10:24 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

37.False

46. Cat Man Corrothers
    10:24 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Football recruiting isn’t as exciting because there are 4 or 5 times as many people on the football team and they typically take time to develop before they make and immediate impact.

47. Scooby
    10:24 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

40) They dont know if Chris Frey has the speed needed to play in the SEC

48. Kara
    10:25 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Matt! Get your panties out of your crack! You are so rude!

49. Chris
    10:25 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Why was Matt such a Dick to that caller John?

50. James K
    10:26 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Can someone please, God, go back and sample the sound that Ryan made at about 10:22AM. Oh my sweet goodness that made me laugh out loud. Shannon, I beg you.

51. StoopsTroops
    10:26 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Alot of your listeners were upset how you treated the guy who just finished Basic Training

52. inlinefor9
    10:26 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Maybe she’s just a big Mr T fan?

53. Edd
    10:26 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

That fool Rush, has a loyal audience of fools.

54. Kidnut
    10:27 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Rush Limbaugh is a talking head and meant for pure entertainment. You can’t take any of his valid points serious because half the time he is so over the top talking out his butt.

55. UK_JB
    10:27 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

If only Rush had podcasts… oh wait.

56. bluemanchew
    10:27 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

move on matt i enjoyed the show yesterday but your show doesnt compare to rush limbaughs

57. StoopsTroops
    10:28 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

The most amazing thing about the Gonzalez Twins is that they are from Idaho..

58. Edd
    10:28 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I like to call ink pens “ink Pennsylvanias”

59. Trill
    10:28 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

#1 football recruit in the country might live in Berea next season (he will at least be top 10), I fully expect wall-to-wall coverage of his recruitment.

60. Kara
    10:30 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Yes! Matt was so rude to the guy that called in yesterday. He just got back from BT!! I couldn’t believe it.

61. All In With The Twins (and Others)
    10:30 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Matt’s source said that Wiggins was out after the all-star games because he didn’t feel he meshed with the UK guys (implying the twins). The last time I checked, we have a large recruiting class coming in…and they all seem to get along quite well. They tweet one another. Hang out at the all-star games. They seem to have already meshed better than last year’s class. So if they all get along well, and Wiggins says that he didn’t get along with any of them, then it would seem, to me, that HE was the one that’s hard to get along with.

Not really surprising from a kid who dragged out his recruitment for months until the last minute. Or from a kid who has said that he’s not wanting to be on campus during the summer (a great time for the team to really build a family-like relationship), etc. Looking from a distance, I think the picture becomes clear as to who is difficult to be around. And it’s certainly not the twins…unless the rest of the class is just good at hiding their hatred through tweets, hanging with them, etc.

62. Delaney Hanley
    10:31 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Matt I despise Rush Limbaugh, but I have the Limbaugh issue with your show I don’t even like to miss two minutes of your show.

63. Scooby
    10:31 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

47) Care to tell me why?

Justin Rowland- “Have it from good source that recent commitments have Denzel Ware warming up to UK in a big way again. As in, he may commit again soon. UK will be careful, get him to go slow, visit, etc. Remember, when Ware was committed he was the lone commitment. The situation looks much more appealing to him now. I think Ware is the kind of explosive end UK needs. Concerns are valid, though.
    Posted from Rivals Mobile”

64. StoopsTroops
    10:32 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

61. Not much to cover, he grew up a Michigan fan and they are in deep with him.

65. StoopsTroops
    10:33 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

65. Because there are other people besides Rowland that have info. The kid has committed to 3schools in less than a year

66. Scooby
    10:33 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

61) EXACTLY! DUDE IS A STUD!

67. barn
    10:33 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

the top tier teams overall this year are going to be much improved over last year. we look like the nat’l champs on paper but a lot of other teams have a lot of experience returning, and thankfully so do we

68. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:34 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I hated Shannon after the first show that he was on. It was terrible. Now, Shannon is a key piece of the show. Keep up the great work.

69. Rockfield, KY
    10:36 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

It’s so funny how naive Matt can be about some things. He’s so innocent that he doesn’t know what whip-its are.

70. inlinefor9
    10:36 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Ha, definitely used them as whip its, didn’t used all those cans of whipped cream to make cakes.

71. symphonist41169
    10:37 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

How did the sprinkler system not go off when he was grilling his steaks?

72. Scooby
    10:37 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

67) Its not just Justin Rowland…I dont get what the fact he has comitted to 3 schools has anything to do with the matter. The kid is interested more now, and has a great relationship with Stoops and Eliot… he is not “long gone” like a lot of people thought

73. Fake_Bill_Bad_Lamb
    10:38 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

If you don’t pay your taxes like me, it’s okay… just said you’re sorry. Works for the IRS. That’s my point of view.

74. Rockfield, KY
    10:39 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Shannon knows music really well. Matt only knows old country. We need a show where Matt gets to select all of the music and see how bad it gets.

75. census cat
    10:40 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

The only thing missing from the Wall and Cousins team was a great shooter. Hope this season ends better than that one.

76. L3C8
    10:40 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I noticed LJ Rose & Deuce Bello are BOTH transferring from Baylor, any chance he goes after 1 of them?

77. bluemanchew
    10:40 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

73 most sprinkler systems need fire or heat to touch the sprinkler head not like in the movies were you pull fire alarm or smoke sets it off

78. L3C8
    10:41 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Can’t handle Randle, Winning and Twinning

79. Travis
    10:41 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Andrew

80. Bryan in Houston
    10:41 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I listen to the podcasts daily as soon as they are posted up on the 1080 website. Yesterday, I decided for the first time ever to listen to the show live via iHeart Radio in my office. I started the show in hour 3 and figured I would listen to the first 2 hours via podcast after the show was over.

What I was greeted with was 20 minutes of Alcoholics’ Anonymous commercials. I’m guessing in the future I’m better off just listening to the podcasts…

Despite that glitch, I still greatly enjoyed the show and thought it was some of the more entertaining shows I’ve listened to. GO CATS!

81. Scooby
    10:42 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I watched some video of the anncouncement- you could hear his mom say “I’m so glad it wasnt Kentucky”

why did Cal and the parents not mesh?

82. Brandon
    10:42 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

It was Andrew who said “Who Cares”, but who cares lol

83. UK2K
    10:42 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

68. He is a Beast, but I agree with 66 him and my son go to school together, the kid bleeds Michigan

84. UK_JB
    10:43 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Knowledge is electirc… I meant power

85. Darrick
    10:43 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I loved that the show was three hours yesterday. I wish we could have three hours in Lexington everyday

86. Delaney Hanley
    10:43 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Danny should take his negative attitude and write for CBS he knows more than alot of the national guys.

87. jwmsix
    10:44 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

This team does not need a player like Mayes and that is one funny statement.

88. Novice
    10:44 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

What does 8/5 odds mean? Not everyone bets…break it down please

89. KyBlueRay
    10:44 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Matt,how about a shirt with Razor Ramon flipping the toothpick with Hey Yo…You’re either with us or against us!!

90. bluemanchew
    10:44 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

caller is using squackbox to call in old technology

91. Travis
    10:45 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Was anyone else surprised or shocked with the comments from Peter Gammons that UK CBBall players don’t go to class? What a salty, old UNC alum.

92. realme
    10:45 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

lol 86

93. L3C8
    10:47 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

or along those lines Matt look at #19, i mean I understand his point, but YOU HAVE TO TALK ABOUT IT. Yes we wanted him, but hey we can’t get everyone, and YES we do have a RIDUCLOUS TEAM still, No SLEEP LOSE HERE. 🙂 #WEAREUK #CANTHANDLERANDLE/WINNING&TWINNING

94. UKJon
    10:47 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Not all negative comment that where attributed to UK fans were from UK fans. So one that we retweeted shaming UK fans was from a guy in Florida with nothing UK related on his twitter.

95. census cat
    10:48 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I had several UL fans retweet or post those tweets on facebook from those idiots balsting Wiggins. Rival fans will always be looking for things like that to down the UK fanbase.

96. AndCat
    10:48 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Even better was Oscar Combs calling out Gammons on twitter.

97. Honky Kong
    10:49 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Matt – It’s musculoskeletal system not musco-skeletal !

98. H.A. Milton
    10:50 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

So, who starts at the 2 this year?

99. inlinefor9
    10:51 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

When Peter Gammons went to school there was just one Carolina, HEYOOOOO

100. bluemanchew
    10:53 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

got in several twitter wars with lewisville fans about that and when i brought up what they said about teague when he picked KY they got very silent

101. Mack
    10:54 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Young will help the CATS more than Alex.

102. Antonio Wiggons
    10:54 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Kentucky loses 3 games next year in route to reappearing in the Final 4. The question is will they take it all? I hope so!

103. bluemanchew
    10:55 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

talking to you p1c4never pitino first cards never

104. Scooby
    10:56 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Names to be on the lookout for this Weekend

Darius West – Best DB in Ohio (13th in the nation) top 200 player in nation

Mike Edwards – 28th best DB in the nation

105. inlinefor9
    10:58 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Is it the comedy movie where the actors are called by their real names?

106. Trill
    10:58 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

James Young gets no hype because Matty used to bash him.

107. Scooby
    10:58 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Heres what I like doing—-go to youtube and type in “Alex Poythress Duke”—imagine if he played that way EVERY GAME!

108. L3C8
    11:01 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

2 things – #108 who is the kid announcing today between Uk & Mich. St?
    next thing does anyone know? Did Cal call a press conf today at 11?

109. UK_JB
    11:01 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I can’t wait until the show is 3 hours!

110. Scooby
    11:04 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

112- Which kid?

111. bluemanchew
    11:05 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

i would like 3 hour show but that would cut into tom leach show

112. Jason
    11:05 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Listening on iHeart Radio from Auburn, AL. Seems like a long commercial break. Did someone just commit?

113. Hazard Kidd-Katt
    11:07 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

What’s this about Dan Dakich ripping UK fans yesterday?

114. Cats
    11:08 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

112 Chris Frey OLB

115. UK_JB
    11:08 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Well Ryan better hid in Waddy!

116. tuxedo park
    11:08 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Matt is a weirdo. goes to a baseball game and sits in the corner to read, goes to the movies and sits in 3 movies for 15 minutes. what the hell man!

117. WildcatBill
    11:08 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Sounds like Matt’s Liberal Utopia right there.

118. UKBlue#9
    11:09 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

UofL Facebook friend says ” I will take UofL’s bench depth over UK’s for next year.” Please break this down and prove him wrong.

119. Smitty
    11:09 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

12 hours when Ryan couldn’t turn anyone in?

120. Josh_UK
    11:10 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Ryan Lemmond would still turn people in even if crime was allowed for 12 hours

121. inlinefor9
    11:10 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Wouldn’t it make the most sense to take a cruise or trip out of the country that week?

122. Hazard Kidd-Katt
    11:10 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

That movie concept is from an old Star Trek episode called Return of the Archons. Old.

123. J in Orlando
    11:10 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

For the 12 hours of the purge, Matt would have to go to a country where theyve never heard of Rush Limbaugh

124. Annie
    11:11 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Ryan would probably be just waiting for someone to commit a crime at the minute that 12 hours is up! He would be itching to turn people in!

125. inlinefor9
    11:11 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

House boat sales would go through the roof under this future America

126. Kidnut
    11:12 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

This topic is goofy

127. UK_JB
    11:12 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I am going to my old home of Wolfe County… nothing there.

128. L3C8
    11:12 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

118 – when does he announce?

129. NewDay Co-Op
    11:13 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I would take over Rush Limbaugh’s show for an hour and then go after the complaining people.

130. inlinefor9
    11:13 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Honestly can we not talk about recruiting for the rest of the week/

131. Don Wheezy
    11:14 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I would hide out at Porcini’s Restaurant. The Purge only lasts about 15 seconds there apparently.

132. bluemanchew
    11:14 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

131 why did teague not go to lewisville ?

133. L3C8
    11:14 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Matt did you see the 6’10 PG that has committed to play in Spain (Cuz he is 18) and the NBA is saying HE may be the #1 pick OVER Wiggins next year. His name is Giannis Antetokoumpo, he is fast has HUGE hands and GREAT handles. Man that would have been a sight to see in a UK JERSEY. LOLOL

134. fake Billy Clyde
    11:14 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Matt,

I want to publicly and earnestly thank you. Yesterday, as I was drinking myself into a stupor preparing to listen to the next Lebron commit to my former school your incompetence sent my iheartradio feed into a 20 minute long alcoholics anonymous commercial. I have decided to get sober, and only play night golf every once in a while.

135. Scooby
    11:15 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

118 – MSU and UK

136. bigredbleedsblue
    11:15 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

It’s funny UL fans won’t stop talking about the minority of knuckleheads who made comments to Wiggins yesterday, but seem to forget some of their own idiots who made comments about Cal’s mom when she died. The truth is everyone has dumb fans who go too far!

137. Yeehaw
    11:15 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I would probably start a insurance company to cover insurance for the twelve hours. Would make bank!! People aren’t that bad,

138. Cats
    11:15 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

133 No clue

139. Evan
    11:16 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

People are inherently good. Laws aren’t what keep people good; we have been around for millions of years with out laws. While bad things will happen, the concern that your house will be rampaged every year is highly unlikely. Protect your family, but have fun by breaking the ridiculous laws we have that are not violent.

140. jeremy
    11:16 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

For 12 hours what would the kentucky foot stabber do?

141. Fake_Sue_Wylie
    11:16 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I would just hide in my fur coat.

142. KyBlueRay
    11:16 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I go out a pay all top recruits for that month to go to UK and then laugh at Mark Emmert!!

143. the anti cat
    11:17 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Does this flick have john cena or vin diesal? If so, bomb. Otherwise interesting concept.

144. bluemanchew
    11:17 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

some areas people would act that way we dont have that law and some people still act that way i would be where ever daryl from walking dead would be

145. Kidnut
    11:17 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I would probably show replays of UK national championship games with the express written consent of the NCAA.

146. BigD
    11:17 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Whatever I did I would make sure Ryan knew about it. He couldn’t rat me out then.

147. Kidnut
    11:18 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

err without the express written consent

148. Billy Blaze
    11:19 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

12 hours of crime…I’m burning any and all UL car flags I see. I just hope Ryan doesn’t drop a dime on me.

149. reechie
    11:20 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I would personally steal a safelite uniform and show up and mess up peoples auto window repairs during the 12 hours each year.

150. Kidnut
    11:21 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Ha-hah, the Matt Jones KSR talk radio 1080 commercial where they slowed down Matt’s voice to make it fit. Smoooth

151. Jon
    11:21 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I bet Shannon would walk around with Matt promoting Big House Bourbon and if/when they got into a jam he would just play the perfect song at the right time to calm the mood for the 12 hours.

152. blueneck
    11:21 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Why does KSR play it’s own commericals during the show? Do they think people listening are questioning whether or not they should be listening?

153. cristoforouk
    11:22 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

So before the recruiting process if you had to choose between the twins and Wiggins who would you have taken?

154. bb smith
    11:22 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Matt – Remember when Archie said if anyone was leaving they would be delusional? I’m pretty sure that was a shot.

155. L3C8
    11:24 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

CAN’T HANDLE RANDLE/TWINNING AND ALWAYS WINNING. #WEAREUK

156. L3C8
    11:25 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Wal-Mart has a special edition of Duck Dynasty there. YEEHAA

157. Rockfield, KY
    11:25 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Johnny Short would risk his life to defend Romany Rd. Kroger

158. KSR Spy
    11:26 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

WAL-MART

Let’s face it. They’re so rich…they would have automated Gauss turrets on the outside that would just mow anyone down that got close to the store.

159. lorraine's ash
    11:26 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Have looked through the work I did yesterday. Every child’s name is substituted with Andrew. Poor Andrew Wiggins has all forms and types of conditions.

160. Shane
    11:27 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Wal-Mart would have their own death squads protecting their stores.

161. The Big Conderosa
    11:28 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Matt,
    You HAVE to has a KSR Remote during the 12 hours of crime… Hopefully the Waddy Warewolf doesn’t get the news of the free 12 hours.

162. Jason
    11:29 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I can see 12 hours with Matt and Dick Cheney hiding together in an “undisclosed location”!

163. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:29 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Matt, for that to work, you would have to significantly increase the penalty for crime outside of the Purge window.

164. I'm nasty
    11:29 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I’d force Kate Upton to shit on my chest.

165. brookies
    11:29 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

We wouldn’t want to play Louisville during those 12 hours because they would just foul us constantly

166. KyBlueRay
    11:30 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Isn’t this NO-law against crime already in effect on the North Carolina and Duke campuses!

167. Hazard Kidd-Katt
    11:30 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

168. Shannon The Douche
    11:31 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Shannon’s email address is so ridiculous for a grown A man. And he uses it “professionally”

169. Annie
    11:31 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I think it’s interesting that everyone is saying they would protect the recruits and the players, but not one person has said they would protect Cal.

170. RUPPS_rhetoric
    11:31 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Does the Lex-Rooter commercial really end in a song that is saying “Poop, poop, poop, poop, poop, poop, poop…”
    It sure sounds like it.

171. Real talk
    11:32 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

For those 12 hours I would jack a uav drone so you can commit crime without no one knowing its you.

172. Dwayne
    11:32 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Matt I just tuned in 30 minutes ago and you guys keep talking about 12 hrs. Really confused! Please explain for those who haven’t been listening all morning!

173. RUPPS_rhetoric
    11:33 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

172) Don’t give that troll Kent Sterling the clicks. He’s a bonafide IU Hoosier “journalist”. And he makes no bones about his unadulterated HATRED towards UK and Calipari. Just move on.

174. Kidnut
    11:34 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I am pretty sure all the prisoners would be shot or gassed.

175. bluemanchew
    11:35 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

i would track down all lewisville fans that troll KSR and take away their ability to post comments

176. BigBlueKermit
    11:35 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

177. Mike
    11:36 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Lamb wasn’t considered a knock-down outside shooter either.

178. Trill
    11:36 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Banks just need to ask women what they do when Matts around so they can make their vaults impenetrable

179. RondosDribblingHand
    11:36 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

First Take just talked about Wiggins. Skip called UK’s class prolly greatest ever.

180. Mike
    11:36 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

In High School I meant.

181. Scooby
    11:36 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Aaron Harrison shot 42% from 3
    James Young shot 44% from 3

Andrew Harrison shot 35% from 3

182. Patrick in Indy
    11:37 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I would go to Bloomington they only have one shot then talk about if for the rest of their life.

183. me
    11:37 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Matt, re: the 12 hour amnesty, (not to dump on the topic as a philosophical exercise) there are complications in the Real World. First of all, everyone rich (including large corporations) would hire expensive, professional security. Second, if a group of people planned a bank heist, or a murder, or anything like that they would likely be prosecuted for conspiracy, even though they committed the actual act during amnesty period.

184. Kidnut
    11:38 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I think Cersei Lannister is in that movie…if Joffrey was in it, it would be fun to see what that crazy kid would do.

185. Delk for 3
    11:39 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

You know, I was kind of depressed about Wiggins but then I got to thinking. Guys like Wiggins seem to have a lot of face value, but in the end, are only worth what they produce on the floor and if they win in March and early April. Will Andrew Wiggins be a stone-cold killer on the floor; and be a major scorer, rebounder, and team leader? Will he be a better producer and winner than each one of the guys on our team? I don’t know if you can be too sure of that. We have some great players coming in and the odds are in our favor (because of numbers) that UK will have the very best freshman in the nation. Just because Andrew Wiggins is no. 1 now, doesn’t mean he will stay that way throughout the season. That’s why they play the game. You have to go through games filled with better competition and pressure-packed atmospheres to determine who can really ball under the big lights. I’ll take what we got in our freshmen and I firmly believe our guys will take upon the challenge to show that they, in all reality, are the best players in the nation. Game on Wiggins!

186. Rockfield, KY
    11:39 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

After blowing up the Yum! Center, I’d go around shooting people who were committing crimes. My conscience would allow me to do that.

187. reechie
    11:39 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Female Bull Elk fine = $103000

188. Edd
    11:40 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

The Louisville Help Wanted lady would disappear.

189. Brian
    11:40 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Ryan will go to a speedy checkout line with more than 15 items.

190. Chad
    11:40 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

It’s a felony to kill turkeys or ducks out of season and u can serve good amount of jail time caught shooting deer or elk out of season

191. mrgwildcat
    11:41 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

In the 12 hour rule, Billy G. would be driving around with a BAC of .48 instead of his usual .24

192. JE
    11:41 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

12 hours, not breaking any laws? I would file and pay my taxes

193. bluemanchew
    11:41 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

matt you have too much faith in people being good you haven’t lived in some areas i have if you had you would feel differently

194. Doug the Prosecutor
    11:41 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

KRS 150.990 says the fine is $100 to $1,000.

You’ll likely have to forfeit the gun. I’ve never heard of forfeiting the truck.

You also have to pay replacement costs to repopulate the animal, which is usually $700 to $1,000 per animal.

195. thunderdome
    11:42 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I’m taking out a year of road rage. I’m ramming people off the road left, right, left, left, right… cadence style.

196. Travis
    11:42 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

The game warden or office can take your truck. Basically…You are effed.

197. chad
    11:42 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

they take whatever was used to commit the crime which could be your truck

198. Ernie in Waddie
    11:42 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

During my 12 hours, I would continue to talk in foreign languages and contemplate acts of terror

199. Delaney Hanley
    11:43 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Women would need to be on high alert because jrock would go on a raping spree

200. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:43 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

You should have started with, find the closest 10 year old and ask him/her to do it for you!

201. Doug the Prosecutor
    11:44 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Woops, I was wrong. $1,0000 to $5,000.

Any person who possesses, takes, or molests a wild elk in violation of KRS 150.390 or administrative regulations promulgated under
    authority of that section shall be fined not less than one thousand dollars ($1,000)
    nor more than five thousand dollars ($5,000) or imprisoned for up to six (6) months,
    or both

202. Corey
    11:44 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

195 is right, deer and elk have a monetary value placed on them to the Dept of Fish and Wildlife. If they wanted to push it, not saying they would, but it could be considered theft by unlawful taking of over $300 and it could be considered a felony. And they can take your gun, truck, and any equipment used to harvest the animal. But you would have to be a persistant offender for them to go after your vehicle.

203. Travis
    11:44 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

This is entertaining.

204. Big Curt
    11:45 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Check out what I found out on the elk question….

205. John Sebastian
    11:47 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Matt needs to work on the way he says “most” in the commercial. It sounds a little uncertain.

206. Travis
    11:47 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Andrew Harrison posted a pic on Instagram about an hour who has some curves. Good gawd!

207. buy an iheartradio
    11:47 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Could UK Athletics schedule the UofL game during the Purge?

208. Travis
    11:48 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Fire-up the treadmill, Shannon.

209. Laker Cat 18
    11:50 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

How about Quinton Goodin from Taylor County? Pretty sure he’s visited Purdue and Louisville.

210. census cat
    11:50 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Dude from Mt. Washington must have thought the Purge was Sunday night. He decided that Valumart was the best place to spend it.

211. Laker Cat 18
    11:51 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

There you go. More teams than the two I mentioned are interested.

212. JackB
    11:51 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

The legal issues are huge – I steal a truck but not the title. Can someone get the truck back with the title after the purge? If I beat you during the purge, and you die the next day from the injuries, have I committed murder after the purge? Does title to property that isn’t registered with the state (like cars, boats and land) pass with a theft during the purge? Or are you only really “using” the property (trespass) during the purge and subject to trover action after the purge?

Yes – a lawyer thinks this purge idea requires a bit of detail.

213. jon
    11:52 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

In the 12 hours I would go to 1080 station and blow the commerical reel up so we wont ever hear 20 mins of AA

214. BBNinClearwaterFL
    11:54 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

No way we loose to UL at home next year.

215. Brandon
    11:55 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Matt, some of your best radio right there responding to Kevin. UofL had their time. Its over now. Uk is better again.

216. Travis
    11:55 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I would love to debate Slapnuts or any UL fan about the Cats & Cards next season. I would even do it on KSR. If any UL fans or callers are game, come get some.

217. Scooby
    11:57 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

The more info I am getting it is more likely that Chris Frey could pick UK….

218. No Kevin
    11:57 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Just turned off the radio….and will do so every time that slapniuts talks with Matt!

219. bluemanchew
    12:00 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

you cant debate with lewisville fans logic and facts have nothing to do with their ideology they would just argue with speculation and myths

220. Travis
    12:05 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

I agree. it is impossible to debate with looeyville fans, even the few with common sense, intelligence and logic. Everything is opinion based and facts are optional such as their record against UK the last five years which is 1-4. Right, Peyton?

221. Hazard Kidd-Katt
    12:12 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

178) Thanks, will do.

222. BK in Scottsville
    7:49 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

Finally…..Can we now get back to football recruiting?

223. hot bodybuilder
    3:15 pm May 17, 2013 Permalink

I was excited to find this page. If you don’t mind I would also reveal a word of advice. Fidning a sexy muscles nude man could be dificult, in case you reside in Sourthern California and you need a sexy muscles nude man at love, click my link.